NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by toine2983

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Gameplay doesnt look smooth to me
ohwell.gif

VIdeos look good to me. Just can't wait to get the game.

So who are all of the LEGIT sim players on NT, I think I might want to start up a league once things get rolling.

A My Player Insight is coming later this week I believe.

-
laugh.gif
at MJ getting yammed on at 3:26

-
sick.gif
eek.gif
at Pippen getting Shawn Bradley'd at 3:42
smh.gif

- MJ isn't God and doesn't make everything he throws up
smokin.gif

- Cliff Robinson And 1 at the 9:53 mark
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DREDAY0789

smh @ all the other players generic shoes

I HATE the way the shoes look, $#@!$ are wild ugly when i look at them it makes me itch
sick.gif
laugh.gif
hopefully you can change each players shoes ima have the whole knicks roster in 8's, 11's, and 6's
pimp.gif

^ u can change any players shoes except for player who have a contract with certain brands

Yeah I absolutely despise 2k's generic shoes.
laugh.gif

Hopefully 2k comes through on the assortment of kicks in the games. I know they'll have all the Jordans, but hopefully they also have a large assortment of adidas, Nike, and Reebok shoes.

Live 10 was on point with shoe selection.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So who are all of the LEGIT sim players on NT, I think I might want to start up a league once things get rolling.

whenever you start that up, I'm down 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

pimp.gif

+1.. i play w/ PHX (
pimp.gif
) though.. run&gun + no D = sim 
ohwell.gif

It will probably be after the first patch is released. No need to run and jump into things. Plus I would like to screen folks as well as give people time to get used to the game. Don't want any cheesers

Originally Posted by jae oh en

for those interested.

best buy is giving out 25$ gift cards when you buy/preorder two games.

preordered halo and 2k11 the other night and the 25$ GC shipped yesterday.

Thanks!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

looks good.

but i still don't know WHY THE HELL THE BALL IS SO SHINY... like seriously 2k, that and the shoes thing is annoying.

Post Game Conferences included in My Player this year

You can take credit for the W or give praise to the coaches

nerd.gif

Has dunking the ball in a video game lost its luster? We've all probably done it millions of times by now. Just another move. But when I dunk the ball as Michael Jordan in "NBA 2K11", tongue out as he throws down a tomahawk jam over Patrick Ewing, knocking the Knicks star to the ground as I watch MJ swing on the rim, I can't wipe the smile off my face. The shine is back.

Next time down the floor, I pass the ball to Michael and as I pump fake, he holds the ball up with one hand in John Starks' face. Starks takes a swipe at the rock then is left looking like a fool as MJ drives baseline for the reverse. Magic.

Playing as the old-school Bulls, I battled everyone from the Bad Boys in Detroit to Bird, Ainge, McHale, and Parish on the Celtics. I got dunked on by Shawn Kemp, swatted Isiah's jumper, and was roughed up by the Pistons D.

As a basketball fan (or more accurately, a self-diagnosed hoops nut), these moments are amazing and really make "NBA 2K11" a must-own. I played the game for a couple of hours, first playing the classic match-ups in The Jordan Challenge, then drafting Michael to the Heat in MJ: Creating a Legend mode (MJ, LeBron, and Wade ... oh my!), and I have to say, I haven't had this much fun playing a basketball game in years.

Highlights of my virtual time with Mike include:

Went up for a right-handed dunk and switched mid-air to the left-handed layup that MJ made famous against the Lakers.

Scottie Pippen actually helps MJ off the court after his famous flu game.

Patrick Ewing threw down some nasty dunks for the Knicks, and Starks caught fire for four three-pointers in a row (where's Reggie Miller when you need him?).

The roster of historic players is deeper than I initially thought as 2K went out and got just about every big-name player (and the not-so-big names) into the game.

Disappointing that the Bulls/Suns match-up isn't in the Jordan Challenge, but Barkley is one of the few players that didn't want to be in the game (what, is he still bitter about "Shut Up and Jam"?).

With all the talk about Michael, don't forget about Dominique Wilkins being in the game. The Human Highlight Film is a player meant for video games, and in "2K11" some of the dunks he throws down are just sick

Nine of the Jordan Challenges are single-game events, but one challenge actually has you play every game of the 1991 NBA Finals against Magic Johnson and the Lakers.

Flu game is handled in "2K11" by decreasing Michael's stamina rating.

Funny to see the evolution of Dennis Rodman as he first appears on the Pistons with no tats and no colored hair. Then you see him on the Bulls and it's a much different story (although still a great player).

Commentary is time-specific, so when you play in the NBA Finals against the Lakers, the announcers will talk about how Los Angeles played against the Blazers earlier in the playoffs.

Alley-oop controls changed to LT+B this year (was LT+A) to help avoid accidental tosses while running with turbo and simply trying to pass.

When you play against the Jazz, get ready for Pick and Roll 101. Stockton and Malone will simply take you to school with this move.

Jordan Challenge controls are just like any game, where you control the entire team, but MJ: Creating a Legend mode is more like My Player where you are locked on Jordan for the entire game. That means when MJ is sent to the bench, you watch the game while riding pine.

Jordan Challenge quarter length is 8 minutes.

Michael's calf sleeve is a new accessory in the game.

Classic teams are all available to play as in Exhibition games right out of the box. You don't need to beat them in Jordan Challenge in order to play as them.

"NBA 2K11" features team specific plays for every team in the game, including the classic squads. The count is up to 800 actual plays that the real NBA teams run, including specific plays for certain stars on each team.

There are NBA-approved hard fouls in the game. No fighting, but players will get dragged down as the defender tries to prevent you from getting your shot off.

The short shorts in the game crack me up. Can't believe that was the style.

I can't remember a character in a sports video game whose likeness has been better captured than MJ in "2K11". From his shoes to his signature animations, if you saw Mike do it in real life, you're going to see him do it in the game, and I'm loving every minute of it so far.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vid...gamer/id/5513054/play-mike?readmore=fullstory

[h3]
[/h3]

NBA 2K In this year's My Player mode, the game doesn’t end after the final buzzer. In NBA 2K11 you gotta take the podium for your own post-game press conferences. But watch what you say, your answers can earn you admiration or get you run out of town. Will you claim all the glory or will you praise your coaches?

Originally Posted by hella handsome

pimp.gif

I'm down for that too, as of last year as far as online goes, if I ain't playin against my cousins or the the people I know, I don't even bother tryna get a game online

Back
Top Bottom