NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

^ I'm pretty sure i read it somewhere that says it IS an in-game dunk.
Edit.. From IGN

When he first came into the league he was a high-flier (yes, you can absolutely do the free throw line dunk in-game) with little to speak of in terms of outside shot, whereas later in his career he was a real shooting threat from anywhere on the court, but lost some of his hops. 

its probably a dunk you will only be able to do on a fast break with a 1 on 0 wide open opportunity. hopefully...

Originally Posted by hella handsome

its probably a dunk you will only be able to do on a fast break with a 1 on 0 wide open opportunity. hopefully...

I think that's probably the case, but it's still a bit off-putting.

Originally Posted by toine2983

How so?  If you're on a fast break 1 on 0 the choices of dunks are at your diposal. 

FYI:  Demo release date info is coming tommorrow.

Per Ronnie2k:

Well, I have probably gone on way past my time! I want to thank the people at PlayStation for giving me this time to tell you about NBA 2K11. Let me remind you to follow us on Facebook to see what’s the most new and exclusive info on the NBA 2K Franchise. As an added treat for you Sony fans, I would like to announce that the demo release date will be announced on the FB page tomorrow!"

Because nobody dunks from the FT line in a game. That dunk is a dunk contest dunk. So what if it is a fast break. I would still appreciate a sense of realism there. Why stop there? Why not put 360 windmills available while on the fastbreak while you are at it?

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

How so?  If you're on a fast break 1 on 0 the choices of dunks are at your diposal. 
Because nobody dunks from the FT line in a game. That dunk is a dunk contest dunk. So what if it is a fast break. I would still appreciate a sense of realism there. Why stop there? Why not put 360 windmills available while on the fastbreak while you are at it?

I haven't seen enough of elite 11 yet, but so far 2k11 looks really nice.

In previous years, you could tell the gameplay was going to suck right off from trailers and gameplay vids. This actually looks pretty smooth.

All I am hoping for is for players to move a little more contextually on the break. 3 on 2s and 2 on 1's always look poorly stitched together while on the run.

Elite is totally re-designing game control, and eliminating button use partially or altogether (Like NHL 10) So that'll either be REALLY cool, or really bad.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

agreed, people are getting so excited with this windmill, 360, or free throw line dunks

i would be happy if they did away with them and just had regular basic dunks (that happened rarely)

its way to easy to get a dunk, that needs to be stressed

in every 2k, ive seen 360s in traffic, and theres really only one person that can do that in NBA and thats VC

I didnt feel like reading every page...but did they fix the "try to throw a bounce pass through 3 defenders in the lane" problem?

they need to fix the sub problem.... in the middle of the game, im trying to sub and a glitch happens where i can only chose 1 player... in the middle of subbing and it goes back to the default roster...

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Keep in that at the end of the day it's still just a video game.  Not everyone is in to realism nor simulation basketball.  They can't and won't please everyone.  You're beef is not with me it's with 2K.  I'm consumer just like you are.

just saw that video, the game looks a lot like 2k10, but man there are so many improvements from the few clips that was shown

durant planting his feet for the shot, i remember shuffling feet on a catch and shoot in 2k10 made it look awkward
also how westbrook went in for a layup, and NOT a windmill dunk or 360 or something outrageous

dont know how i feel about nenad kristic going in for a tip in dunk though, that should be rare

The plays look SOOOOO much better man. You guys will appreciate this if you ever play in a sim league 
pimp.gif

I never displayed an issue with YOU. I was simply explaining to you why a FT Line dunk shouldn't be in the game. What gives you the impression that I have an issue with you? I just think it shouldn't be there. So what if it is a video game. It is a basketball simulation video game. Stick to the realistic nature of the sport.

chances are, he'll be the only person that can do it, and probably only in the jordan mode in that year of his career. 
and a fast break 360 windmill is not impossible. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like vince could do it, but he's too old to be pulling that off now.
but i definitely see your point of view, it owuld be super unrealistic if everyone went down for a fast break taking off from the free throw line or doing 360's like on NBA live

hmmm maybe if they had a "Vince Carter career mode" 
laugh.gif

I just hate unrealistic dunks in video games. Has always been my pet peeve. Which is why every year I go in and adjust the player's verticals and dunk ratings, standing dunk rating, specialty dunks, and dunk packages because I know 2K Insider spent little to no time on it. Prime example, at the end of the OKC video, Nenad Kristic performs a putback dunk. To do that your vertical must be in the 70s and or your dunk rating must be high enough to perform that. THAT should not be happening by Nenad Kristic. The same for Jared Dudley in the Suns/Heat video.

I just hate unrealistic dunks in video games. Has always been my pet peeve. Which is why every year I go in and adjust the player's verticals and dunk ratings, standing dunk rating, specialty dunks, and dunk packages because I know 2K Insider spent little to no time on it. Prime example, at the end of the OKC video, Nenad Kristic performs a putback dunk. To do that your vertical must be in the 70s and or your dunk rating must be high enough to perform that. THAT should not be happening by Nenad Kristic. The same for Jared Dudley in the Suns/Heat video.

agreed

people CRY for realism, then we'll see a guy doing between the legs in traffic.... "NAW IT'S COOL"
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom