NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

^Im not 100% sure, but i think they might have dumbed down all the shoes just for the demo.

I hope we can put Jordan shoes on Non-Jordan players (I highly doubt it..).. imagine Kobe wearing Jordan PEs again like 2003
eek.gif
pimp.gif

[h2]Saturday, September 25, 2010[/h2] http://[h3]John Wall's Official NBA 2K11 Ratings[/h3]With the release of the NBA 2K11 ratings, as well as news that rookie Michael Jordan would only be 79 overall, there was quite a bit of backlash when fans found out #1 pick John Wall would enter the game with an 81 rating.

I have acquired Wall's detailed ratings, and you may now critique away.

John Wall
Overall 81
Inside N/A
Close 70
Medium 75
3PT 66
PostShot N/A
FreeThrow 75
Layup 96
Dunk 66
StandDunk 30
OffDribble 71
InTraffic 58
Handle 93
OffHand 91
Security N/A
Pass 84
Block 39
Steal 77
Hands 88
BallDef 84
OffReb 36
DefReb 39
OffPost 27
DefPost 28
OffAwr 82
DefAwr 77
OffClutch N/A
DefClutch N/A
Consistency N/A
Stamina 99
Speed 96
Quickness 98
Strength 46
Vertical 98
Hustle 82
Durability 85
Potential N/A
Emotion N/A

An excerpt from the experts @ Draft Express

The most glaring weakness we can recognize revolves around his ability to operate in the half-court. According to the data we have at our disposal, Wall’s field goal percentage in transition situations sits at an amazing 77%. Once he’s forced to play in the half-court, though, his field goal percentage plummets to just 40%. Similarly, he’s been able to draw fouls in the half-court on just 10% of his possessions, as opposed to 27% in transition.

Wall’s ball-handling skills in tight spaces are currently not up to par with his amazing athleticism. His ability to change speeds and directions when creating his own shot out of a stand-still position is just average right now, as he tends to struggle if he can’t just blow by his defender purely with his first step. He overwhelmingly favors driving left (doing so in 71% of his possessions), and is mostly relegated to either passing or pulling up off the dribble if forced to drove right.

Because he’s a far better slasher at this point than he is a shooter, defenses tend to sag off him and force him to beat them with his still-erratic pull-up jumper. He’s been showing major improvement with it as the year’s moved on, though, so it will be interesting to see how he progresses in this area.

Due to Wall’s struggles and those of his teammates in the half-court, he is exceedingly turnover prone, ranking fourth amongst all draft prospects in turnovers per-40 minutes pace adjusted, at 5.2. He’s forced to carry an awfully big share of Kentucky’s offense—27.2% to be exact—and it’s clear his decision making skills still need work, something that will likely come in time with experience.

I believe it goes without saying that Wall's ball handling abilities were badly overrated. A 10-point drop in Ball Handle and Off-Hand Dribbling would reduce his rating by 2 points right off the bat.

The other concern I have (that DX doesn't mention) is defense. Wall might be good at getting steals and blocks but he is HARDLY a lockdown perimeter defender. He is an athletic 19 year old.

Defensive Awareness
82 Kevin Garnett
80 Kevin Durant
77 John Wall
76 Paul Pierce
75 Stephen Jackson

As a basketball junky who crunches numbers extensively, it is a bit infuriating to me that 2K actually thought John Wall's defensive intellect was only 5 points worse than a player two seasons removed from Defensive Player of the Year (Kevin Garnett), or that a "grizzled" teenager knows more about defense than veterans like Paul Pierce and Stephen Jackson. Get real, 2K Sports.

On-Ball Defense
90 Rajon Rondo
89 Kobe Bryant
85 LeBron James
84 John Wall
83 Andre Iguodala

Apparently, 2K thinks Wall at 19 years of age is on the cusp of an all-defensive team. We haven't even looked up any defensive metrics or references and these already don't pass the laugh test.

John Wall is going to be a great player, and could even be the best PG in the league given time. The point however, is that he's not there yet - he's not even top 10 until he shows us otherwise. Point guard is the deepest position in the entire league, and it is extremely unlikely that Wall will be an elite player right off the bat.

That boy can't shoot the three huh? He's so fast tho u could prolly slash easily with him. Who was that rookie rocking coppers to media day? Info on his shoes being in the game DC
nerd.gif

So DC, have you found out if the halftime shows on association mode will show highlights of other games around the league like NFL 2k5?

I am assuming they might do something like that. Not sure yet, they haven't released that Insight yet. I would bet on it happening though.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I don't know anything about shoes Brandon. I don't even care to be honest. Sorry.

I was just kidding. Ima catch u online when I get off work for a game.

I don't know if it has been posted but Amazon is offering a $10 credit to your next video game purchase.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

I hope we can put Jordan shoes on Non-Jordan players (I highly doubt it..).. imagine Kobe wearing Jordan PEs again like 2003
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I'm pretty sure you will be able to. Since Kobe is a Nike athlete, you can put any Nike shoe on him.

pimp.gif
AdobeCS4 wrote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember

eek.gif

I'm pretty sure you will be able to. Since Kobe is a Nike athlete, you can put any Nike shoe on him.
In 2k10, i have kobe wearing 16.5 in yellow and purple...looks real sweet on him
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

why is rookie jordan a 79? that dude had monster season + stats

It is based on post draft Jordan,not post season Jordan. Rookie Jordan that hasn't played yet.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

I may haz this game next week if all goes according to plan.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

My-T.

YO! We're both in the DMV, care to spread some love on where one might be able to acquire an early copy?
If not its cool... Can I come over and run some exhibition? 
laugh.gif

That's sick!..but i wish we have at least stats for other games instead of just previews..

I'm up for a game

GT: NTGoldmember

Back
Top Bottom