NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

- air jordans seem to unlock at random, ive just been playing local multiplayer at home
- no clue about trade logic yet, but that's a great question. i'll check it out tonight, hopefully. if they could blend my player with association into something like 'franchise player' mode, that'd be insane. throw in options for 1hr espn specials, hiring xbox live friends as personnel, choice of shaking hands post game...
- sim stats, not sure yet, but i noticed you can change the sim quarter length independently from regular quarter length
- 2k cam is definitely around for offline, no clue about online but i would assume it's there

does anyone know how those preorder bonuses work? there's a 'codes' section on the game, any unlock codes for more stuff?

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

so NYC people.....im hearing spots will have em tomorrow? anyone know? PM me please!

Everywhere i checked is saying end of the week

Man the kicks collection in 2k11 is weak as hell.
30t6p3b.gif

Live 10 was on point with aesthetics whether it was the shoe selection, amount of retro jerseys, overall jersey selection,  arena/court accuracy.

Like Rell said they even updated players so that they were wearing the shoes that wore in real life through Dynamic DNA.

2k has always been lacking in regards to player accessories I thought it would've improved with 2k11.

they prbly got right what they wanted like gameplan A.I. & online stuff the shoes & extras are just that EXTRAS not needed for a good game....live or elete may have ALL the shoes & wristbands & exact 350 ppl at a wolves game but thier game still is sub-par compared to 2k11

Originally Posted by windycity7

they prbly got right what they wanted like gameplan A.I. & online stuff the shoes & extras are just that EXTRAS not needed for a good game....live or elete may have ALL the shoes & wristbands & exact 350 ppl at a wolves game but thier game still is sub-par compared to 2k11
The thing is if you're going to put them in the game, go all the way. Don't halfass it. Of course, Elite is the inferior game last year but Live 10 was on par with 2K10. EA really blew it. In an already shrinking market, they may have committed suicide. First week sales mean everything in gaming. Those reports are going to be interesting.

Are those "extras" that consuming that it takes away from gameplay development?

Not at all. The art department would take care of that. Different teams for different aspects of the game. Its more than sneakers. Jerseys, especially throwbacks, have been inaccurate for years. I wouldn't even wear those in game because of how off they were.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by windycity7

The thing is if you're going to put them in the game, go all the way. Don't halfass it. Of course, Elite is the inferior game last year but Live 10 was on par with 2K10. EA really blew it. In an already shrinking market, they may have committed suicide. First week sales mean everything in gaming. Those reports are going to be interesting.

IMO they wanted to got all in w/ MJ so they got his likness down, got all his shoes down,got him his own challenge, & got the gameplay tightet & the a.i. is crazy & i can only assume they fixed the online play also......im not gonna cry over the last sip of milk when i just had a gallon it petty IMO give me a great game & patch the rest in later its not NEEDED it just makes it look better for some

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Are those "extras" that consuming that it takes away from gameplay development?
Art Team
Gameplay Team

From what I know about the company, those are two separate groups of workers. Not sure why they seem to drop the ball in terms of accessories and art, but it upsets a lot of people. It personally doesn't matter to ME because I am strictly a gameplay dude. But it does bother me that my 2K Brothers feel cheated year after year. So hopefully they get this right for you that care.

Why they gotta shaft the Bucks like that..Bogut only an 82? He clearly showed he's top 5 center in the league this past year. Delfino only 80 for 3 point shooting? Dude was lighting it up all year.
John Salmons should be at least mid-low 80's also. He's not a 70 something.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Why they gotta shaft the Bucks like that..Bogut only an 82? He clearly showed he's top 5 center in the league this past year. Delfino only 80 for 3 point shooting? Dude was lighting it up all year.
Honestly, I think those ratings are very realistic.

word.. as a Bucks fan myself, i was heated when i found out our starting 5 werent rated 99s 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

grin.gif

the shoes look really bad, especially the nikes
there is no detail to them at all. i'll try to get some pics up later

as far as accessories they look better to me, they've added the short and long shirt sleeve
and the padding detail to the calf and elbow sleeves
the jerseys look better too, they don't all look like paper thin silk pajamas

however the game is infinitely better and more challenging than last year
so those things are a small hiccup, still would have been nice to have those aesthetics tuned up

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Update for NYC people.

The stores on the ave are now saying saturday.

Good looks. Time to drive to Gertz on Saturday before work.
grin.gif

Dc, have you found about NBA 2.0 as far ad highlights of other games on halftime show on association?

Dc, have you found about NBA 2.0 as far ad highlights of other games on halftime show on association?

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Update for NYC people.

The stores on the ave are now saying saturday.

*(^&^*(% you nyc guys ............ going to gamestop to plop down $40

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

_ talking like Bogut is Shaq in his MVP year.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

The computer defense is a lot better. Now you cant just throw a pass just to throw a pass like in 2k10...Its definitely going to get intercepted in 2k11.
I knew that from playing the demo, you can't do cross court passes or even a long pass ahead for a fast break. It always gets stolen, which is annoying at times.
Annoying that you just can't make any and every pass accurate? You have an issue with realism?
Where did I say I have an issue with realism?

Back
Top Bottom