*NBA All-Star Saturday Thread (H-O-R-S-E, Skills Challenge, 3-Point Shootout, Dunk Contest)*

i was expecting more from d12.

even wifey was saying, "did he even think this one out?"

I think a lot of people saying that Rudy got jerked are forgetting how many attempts it took him to actually throw down that dunk. Time ran out and he still didn't put it down. His score was a good reflection of that. Not a 50 but low 40s if I'm not mistaken. It was a dope dunk. But there has to be some sort of penalty for having to take so many attempts.
His "Martin" dunk was definitely crazy though.
grin.gif

Why would you claim people are forgetting his numerous attempts to complete that dunk? Ain't no one forgetting. I mean I saw it, everyone here saw it anddespite that it was still clearly not scored in a fair manner. His first dunk was a 42/43 while Howard's first was a 50? That was a joke right there. Youneed to take into account that Pau was setting up Rudy with some poor serves on that second dunk too, which was a big reason it took so many tries. DwightHoward is 7 ft tall with an arm length of a good 3 ft at least. A straight ahead dunk on a 12 ft basket off the board shouldn't be that difficult forsomeone like him. And it wasn't. And it wasn't creative either unless you think coming out of phone booth with a cape is creative.

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

I think a lot of people saying that Rudy got jerked are forgetting how many attempts it took him to actually throw down that dunk. Time ran out and he still didn't put it down. His score was a good reflection of that. Not a 50 but low 40s if I'm not mistaken. It was a dope dunk. But there has to be some sort of penalty for having to take so many attempts.
His "Martin" dunk was definitely crazy though.
grin.gif

Why would you claim people are forgetting his numerous attempts to complete that dunk? Ain't no one forgetting. I mean I saw it, everyone here saw it and despite that it was still clearly not scored in a fair manner. His first dunk was a 42/43 while Howard's first was a 50? That was a joke right there. You need to take into account that Pau was setting up Rudy with some poor serves on that second dunk too, which was a big reason it took so many tries. Dwight Howard is 7 ft tall with an arm length of a good 3 ft at least. A straight ahead dunk on a 12 ft basket off the board shouldn't be that difficult for someone like him. And it wasn't. And it wasn't creative either unless you think coming out of phone booth with a cape is creative.

You ask why would I claim ppl are forgetting his numerous dunk attempts? Maybe b/c highlight shows aren't gonna show all those failed attempts. They'llusually just show the one completed dunk. Not everyone here saw the event live.
You seem to just have a problem with how Rudy's dunk was compared to Dwight's. Cuz no way you can tell me that Rudy deserved a 50 on any of his dunks.If you really think so then... I dunno.
And no where in my post did I say Dwight earned a 50.
As a matter of fact, you saying Dwight's dunk was easy b/c he's 7ft tall is pretty much what I already said:
" As for Dwight, he got penalized for his height. He needed to jump from BEFORE the free-throw line on his last dunk...
Or he should have dunked from the free throw line on the 12 ft rim.Would have been ill (and near impossible)."

Nah, you were addressing people here in this thread who did watch the entire contest and who felt that Rudy got jerked. I think you were talking about me inparticular since I was the only one who used that actual term and being so "vocal" about it, but it's whatever. My gripe was and is about howcertain players get preferential treatment or the benefit of the doubt over others for whatever reason(s) and this was an example of that. I mean this was acontest so yeah, I am placing one participant's performance alongside that of another. That's what's done in a contest. Nowhere did I mention thatRudy was deserving of a 50 though (but no way in hell was Howard deserving of a 50 in any of his dunks either) so I don't know what you're talkingabout.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

How much you guys wanna bet he backs out?

idk....the all star game next year is suppose to be real big....i mean it is going to be in the new stadium so its gonna be stupid....ima try to make it downthere

People just like complaining and *****ing about stuff. No way Rudy got jerked. And Kenny never said anything bad about Spain. He said, "Martin? Who'sMartin? Ricky Martin?" then Reggie started in with the, "Martin? Martin? Where's Gina?" I wouldn't have given Dwight a 50 on his either,but no way I had Rudy going to the 2nd round. Didn't everybody complain when Nate advanced despite so many attempts? Rudy was the only one who used theentire allotted time, and JR Smith came close and he also didn't advance. The step up dunk was lame to me though, he should have done that between the legs360 the other way I saw him do when he was practicing for the 06 contest. And Dwight doesn't have no damn 10ft standing reach either.

OWL TROUTWIG

Nah man... you got it all twisted.
laugh.gif

I don't really get at any of the Knick dudes if we're outside of the Knick threads. (nh)
I definitely wasn't pointing you out or whatever. But it's all good. We can agree to disagree on this one.
pimp.gif

DatZNasty

Kenny said (and I quote): "We're not here to see Pau Gasol throw a pass behind his back. Why would u have... ifyou're Rudy Fernandez... See this is the amateurism of Spain. The whole country."

Like Ghenges said, Kenny has gotten progressively worse at these events AND in the halftime studio. Just saying awhole bunch of outlandish %$!! for no reason at all.

Nate shouldn't have been in the Finals, I could do that dunk if you let me jump off someone's back. Dude's a lame.

^post up a video then.
dwights first dunk didnt deseve a 50, but his 12ft dunk def. deserved the high 40s. not a 50 though.
JR smith was horrendous.
rudy's dunk deserved a 50 if he would have done it in a few less tries. the pau gasol messing up is just %!*%@%#*.
nasty nate definitely deserved to be in the finals.

Jumping off someone's back is someone helping you to get to the rim...it's an insult to dunking.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Jumping off someone's back is someone helping you to get to the rim...it's an insult to dunking.
QFT, Both of Rudy's dunks were better than JR's and Nate's. He should have made the finals but the fix was in before hand so lets juststop arguing about it.

Originally Posted by cronicmole

Originally Posted by lilfeet47

The dunk Rudy would have done in the finals
eek.gif
50 across the board with a minor variation
i think if he goes baby jordan with a pump that wouldve been 50
pimp.gif

i knew he was gonna break out a futbol dunk but just didnt adv.
looking back on it, rudy scores were definitely lower than it shouldve been, especially the 2nd dunk.� %!!% you doing pau
laugh.gif

at least he brought some creativity� i dont mind missed dunks, it shows you are pushing yourself to your limits and not playing it safe

That dunk contest was beyond wack.
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

- Dwight once again with the stupid gimmicks and getting 50's just because of who he is
- Nate should have been disqualified for that stupid off the back dunk, I can do that and probably make it look even better. I did that dunk off my boys backin middle school and I am in no way overly athletic or have ups like that
eyes.gif

- Rudy with some sick dunks and getting shafted just because hes not a big name and it took him "too many tries", if they're gonna score himlower for that then they should just make the time limit shorter, ya know?
- Judges OBVIOUSLY biased
- Oh, and LeBron isnt gonna do it
laugh.gif
, but if he does maybe he can bring the spark back tothis comp because its been GARBAGE the last few years

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by tomislav

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

I mean..........Jordan did it 20 years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFMCnHxcxE .......plus....LeBron, as usual, traveled on that one as well. Jordan did his FT dunk in the Slam contest while dribbling the ball according to rules. James doesn't even dribble by the rules in the game. I think James should dress up like a crab and dunk on Deshawn Stevenson in the only dunk he does - tomahawk. Judges would suck him off for it. As like they LOL good one already don't do it.

I'm not James D-rider but any person who knows basketball know that isn't a travel.

laugh.gif
What?

Since when can you dribble, pick up your dribble, and start dribbling again?

I thought he was talking about before he took off.

But then that double dribble could've been a bounced pass to him that he was juggling.

I never seen the clip before so I didn't know

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

How much you guys wanna bet he backs out?

idk....the all star game next year is suppose to be real big....i mean it is going to be in the new stadium so its gonna be stupid....ima try to make it down there

your absoultly correct, brand new stadiam that can hold atleast 100,000 people which i doubt it that many people come, plus (EVERYTHING IS BIGGER INTEXAS)....im glad i live in dallas...haha

Rudy got robbed. I thought his first one was freakin sweet; IDK why Kenny was discrediting that dunk.

JR had me disappointed. I think we all know he could have pulled something crazy out of his %*@.

Nice to see Nate and Dwight go at it. Even though Dwight was corny as hell, was still a show. I really wish he pulled out the kiss the rim dunk.

laugh.gif
The clip they showed with Stern on the phone as Dwight was pulling out the higher net. For a minute, I had this image in my head showing that short stockybald man running on the floor stopping everything.

Kryptonate =
pimp.gif
x infinity. Dude did it perfectly

Originally Posted by you big dummy

LeBron James and Jay-z's Two Kings Dinner & After Party

70f7ebd2yx8.jpg

That's a nice suit.

Oh and I didn't read the thread but I saw Shaq and his ex wife at the dunk contest. I guess they are back together or divorced on good terms?

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Rudy got robbed. I thought his first one was freakin sweet; IDK why Kenny was discrediting that dunk.

JR had me disappointed. I think we all know he could have pulled something crazy out of his %*@.

Nice to see Nate and Dwight go at it. Even though Dwight was corny as hell, was still a show. I really wish he pulled out the kiss the rim dunk.

laugh.gif
The clip they showed with Stern on the phone as Dwight was pulling out the higher net. For a minute, I had this image in my head showing that short stocky bald man running on the floor stopping everything.

Kryptonate =
pimp.gif
x infinity. Dude did it perfectly

yeah Kenny and them was being hard on Rudy and I dont understand why

and when Dwight hit it off the side of the backboard he was like FIFFFFTYYYYY

it was virtually the same dunk

hating #$* @#$#%%

Back
Top Bottom