NBA All Star Weekend Foot Locker 3PT SHOOTOUT Contestants Announced

regent park

Banned
http://www.nba.com/2009/allstar2009/01/16/footlocker.threepoint.shootout/index.htmlhttp://www.nba.com/2009/a...point.shootout/index.html

Jason Kapono (Toronto Raptors)
Mike Bibby (Atlanta Hawks)
Daequan Cook (Miami Heat)
Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers)
Roger Mason Jr. (San Antonio Spurs)
Rashard Lewis (Orlando Magic)

kapono_608.jpg

Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
[h1]Kapono going for threepeat in Three-Point Shootout[/h1]
By Art Garcia, NBA.com
Posted Feb 4 2009 5:18PM

The event

The Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout is one of the headlining competitions of All-Star Saturday Night. The contest boasts 22 years of history and is one of the weekend's most-anticipated attractions. Defending champion Jason Kapono leads the list of six sharpshooters gunning for this year's title.

The Rules

Six shooters compete in a two-round competition. The field is made of the previous year's champion and the current season's top 3-point shooters. Each participant has one minute to take as many shots as possible.

Five shooting stations are set up around the 3-point line, with four orange plus one multi-colored ball in each rack. Each participant has one minute to take as many shots as possible. Orange balls are worth one point. The multi-colored (money) ball is worth two points. The money ball may be shot only after all four orange balls.

Players may not start on or over the 3-point line while shooting. A basket does not count if the line is violated. At the discretion of the referee, TV instant replay may be consulted for clarification of rules compliance.

The top three shooters from the first round advance to the finals. In the event of a first-round tie, a 24-second shootout will break the tie. If there is still a tie, the process will be repeated until the tie is broken.

In the finals, players will shoot in ascending order of first-round scores (lowest goes first). In the event of a tie in the finals, a full 60-second shootout follows.

The Participants
[table][tr][td]Three-Point Shootout Field[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
Name (Team)[/td] [td]Pos[/td] [td]Ht[/td] [td]Wt[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Mike Bibby (Hawks)[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]195[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Daequan Cook (Heat)[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]210[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Danny Granger (Pacers)[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]228[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jason Kapono* (Raptors)[/td] [td]G-F[/td] [td]6-8[/td] [td]215[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rashard Lewis (Magic)[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]230[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Roger Mason (Spurs)[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]212[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
*Defending champion[/td] [/tr][/table]

Why you should watch

Jason Kapono is out to etch his name alongside a couple of Three-Point Shootout legends. The long-distance gunner from Toronto is aiming to become the third person to win three consecutive titles, joining Hall of Famer and noted Celtics finger waver Larry Bird (1986-88), and Craig Hodges (1990-92).

Kapono already shares one record with Hodges -- the most points in a single round. He scored 25 in the finals last year in New Orleans. The only other two-time winners are Mark Price, Peja Stojakovic and Jeff Hornacek.

Kapono faces a stacked field in Danny Granger, Rashard Lewis, Mike Bibby, Roger Mason and Daequan Cook. Kapono's challengers are all shooting better than 40 percent from beyond the arc and each has more the 100 3-pointers this season. Kapono has only 52 makes from downtown.

Mason is shooting 45.0 percent, the highest in the field and fifth-best in the league. Lewis' 137 3-pointers lead the NBA, with Granger tied for second at 120. Lewis and Granger are also reserves on the Eastern Conference All-Star team.

Bibby has a slow +%# release. I can't believe he was even asked.

Rashard has been in this before a couple of times already right? I seem to remember him bricking a ton of his attempts.

Kapono should win this easily.

But Cook is my sleeper pick.

Bibby is my sleeper pick with that little set shot of his....
But I want Mason Jr to win it.

2008-09 THREE POINTERS LEADERS: 3-Point FG Percentage - All Teams
Displaying results 1-50 of 130 found
Results: 1-50 51-100 101-130 Next »

* Anthony Morrow , GSW

Kelenna Azubuike , GSW

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

WHATEVER.
ohwell.gif

I'll be rooting for D. Granger SF # 33

Originally Posted by chr1scross

1 Anthony Morrow , GSW

6 Kelenna Azubuike , GSW

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Neither have enough Attempts...

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

Originally Posted by chr1scross

1 Anthony Morrow , GSW

6 Kelenna Azubuike , GSW

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Neither have enough Attempts...
they were on NBA.com's "Qualified" list...

I'm jus sayin' cuz it would have been nice cuz I miss J-Rich's slam dunk contest days

ohwell.gif
smokin.gif
happy.gif
wink.gif

Pure shooters only, please.

Stojakovic
Korver
Kapono
Redick
Allen
Redd

Every year.

Random note: Roger Mason and Daequan Cook shoot better percentages from outside the arc than they do from inside the arc.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom