NBA.com Play of the Day: Lebron Pregame Dunk. This dude needs to do the contest....

Originally Posted by eeibaby

he can't do a behind the back dunk like Jr Smith, Iggy, and Patrick Ewing Jr
Really? I don't see why not.

Anyways, I'm sure LeBron's a better dunker than many of you guys give him credit for. Overhyped then now overhated. He's still a beast and even ifthis dunk wasn't amazing, he still made it look really damn easy.

Come on man, I like bron but thats not a 50

D-riders like you and this kid will give lebron the title even if he does 4 one handers
Originally Posted by Cleavland Steamer

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

it was aight...gerald green>> lebron.

grin.gif
Let's not get to carried away.

Nate would have done that the first time if he didn't try to go under both legs first. Not bad, but no 50.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Ever since his rookie year, around December, I have hoped he would be announced as a participant. This coming December will be no different.
This is true

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

If fan voting continues, LeBron already won any dunk contest he may ever enter.

yup. that dunk that got PotD was not that nice. yea he gets up, yea he finishes clean, but i could have done the exact same pass and finish the dunk when i wasin high school.

Nothing great, i thought the dunk Andre Iguodala put down on him in that game was play of the day...

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

If fan voting continues, LeBron already won any dunk contest he may ever enter.

yup. that dunk that got PotD was not that nice. yea he gets up, yea he finishes clean, but i could have done the exact same pass and finish the dunk when i was in high school.
So could I, but you couldn't get eye level with the rim. That is what makes it impressive, even when he does otherwise plain dunks.

Y'all sound like the same type of kats who in H-O-R-S-E, a dude hits a between the legs 360 off handed layup from behind the backboard, and you isolate itto it's lowest common denominator form and say, "just a layup, ok" and go do a regular layup.
laugh.gif

And everyone *****ing about the McDonald's Contest he won, none of the other contestants even made 4 dunks so they weren't even eligible. Shannon Brownprobably had the best single dunk of the contest with that way out 360 off 1 foot while smiling, Gittens gave you a ft line then hurt his foot, and LeBron gaveyou more of the same, "I'm doing a simple dunk but look how high I can jump and also making it look easy as hell," and that is part of the wholesell of his dunks. He looks like he does this #*%# in his sleep, in fact, it seems to almost work against him.

Yall are acting like this is the best dunk he can do. That's like a first round dunk, if anything. What dunks that are regularly done in contests that getgood scores, do you think he can't do?

Free throw line? He came from barely inside the ft line and still gave you the coock back and pause. Between the legs? We've seen him do that in games.Windmills? Again, breakaways in games, even with bums like Jiri Welsch chasing. Jump over somebody? Damn near seen it in games, but look for the dunk he had inchampionship game as a Sophomore. Dude flopped early, but Bron was about to clear him anyways.

He doesn't do a variety of creative things because he doesn't have to. If he really is going to be in the dunk contest next yr, and sets aside anamount of time to plan and practice some things like most contestants do leading up to the contest, with his leaping ability and timing there's no reasonto believe he won't give us a show.

Even if he didn't get him, it was close enough for the media and sportscenter to not show it
laugh.gif

He doesn't do a variety of creative things because he doesn't have to.
That's my only critique on his dunking, he has no variety. If you watch a Lebron James mix on youtube, you'll see the same 3-4 dunks thewhole mix. The only thing that makes his game dunks interesting imo are when the gets them around defenders.

He can do so much more than what he's doing right now because of how high he gets up and how hard he throws it down. He needs a dunk coach or something
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom