NBA Draft Discussion Thread

If Conley is on the block the Blazers trade their first rounder and a filler or 2 for Conley. Memphis could then draft most likely Darrel Arthur, Kevin Love orDeAndre Jordan.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

i think d'antoni is representing the knicks

Does he plan on whining when the Knicks don't get a top 3 pick?
happy.gif

laugh.gif
just messin.

Maybe the Blazers move Travis Outlaw + something for Conley? Outlaw is from Memphis and would play well alongside Rudy. Rose/Rudy/Outlaw would be a crazyathletic 1-3.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

i think d'antoni is representing the knicks

Does he plan on whining when the Knicks don't get a top 3 pick?
happy.gif

laugh.gif
just messin.

somehow the Knicks will manage to get the 1st or 2nd pick, it's what the NBA wants for more $.

Maybe the Blazers move Travis Outlaw + something for Conley? Outlaw is from Memphis and would play well alongside Rudy. Rose/Rudy/Outlaw would be a crazy athletic 1-3.
don't give portland or memphis any ideas...i'd hate to see that trade go through because it makes two up&coming teams better.

BOOO.

^^you dont ever move a young PG imo....on that note..... THE EASTERN CONFERENCE better hope for a little ping-pong ball luck this year...
2008 ???
2007 Portland, Seattle, Atlanta and Memphis
2006 Toronto, Portland, Charlotte and Chicago
I've revised my guess... i bet it goes....
Seattle
pimp.gif

New York
eek.gif

Miami
ohwell.gif

Memphis
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

Maybe the Blazers move Travis Outlaw + something for Conley? Outlaw is from Memphis and would play well alongside Rudy. Rose/Rudy/Outlaw would be a crazy athletic 1-3.

Aren't him and Warrick pretty much the same player? Long, lanky, athletic wing players? Warrick was actually killing the last half of the season.

Rose/Rudy/Outlaw would be a crazy athletic 1-3.
Can you imagine the lobs/dunks that squad would have?
eek.gif
Memphis would move up on my depth chart for teams to watch, even though they'll NEVER be on TV

Why would the Blazers want a point who can't shoot? Travis Outlaw is a valuable commodity, I really doubt they'd give him up for a playerlike Conley.

I've heard an idea of Outlaw being in a deal for Conley along with Portland's 08' first rounder. Grizz would probably trade Conley, 08 Lakers firstround and something else if they were to get Rose. I would like for them to pick up Love with the Blazers pick. But, with Critt, Navarro, Lowry, and Conleythey would have to do something. I don't see them re-signing Navarro this off-season if they end up getting another SG and making Critt the backup.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Why would the Blazers want a point who can't shoot? Travis Outlaw is a valuable commodity, I really doubt they'd give him up for a player like Conley.

He would end up being the 4th scoring option any way. Oden, Alridge, Roy, and possibly Webster could take some shots.

What I don't understand is why would Memphis take Outlaw, when they have pretty much a similar player in Warrick who showed that he could play duringthe back end of the season?

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Why would the Blazers want a point who can't shoot? Travis Outlaw is a valuable commodity, I really doubt they'd give him up for a player like Conley.

He would end up being the 4th scoring option any way. Oden, Alridge, Roy, and possibly Webster could take some shots.

What I don't understand is why would Memphis take Outlaw, when they have pretty much a similar player in Warrick who showed that he could play during the back end of the season?
Warrick picked up his game towards the end of the season if I'm not mistaken, but Outlaw has shown he's developed a midrange and even has athree ball. The Blazers are SO CLOSE to being a scary good team, they shouldn't even be thinking about getting a young point who has no semblence of aperimeter game, and who will get bullied by bigger guards. I'd rather keep Blake/Jack than get Conley.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

What I don't understand is why would Memphis take Outlaw, when they have pretty much a similar player in Warrick who showed that he could play during the back end of the season?
Warrick picked up his game towards the end of the season if I'm not mistaken, but Outlaw has shown he's developed a midrange and even has a three ball. The Blazers are SO CLOSE to being a scary good team, they shouldn't even be thinking about getting a young point who has no semblence of a perimeter game, and who will get bullied by bigger guards. I'd rather keep Blake/Jack than get Conley.

I would still give Warrick more time, Grizzlies aren't going any where anytime soon, they can afford to wait. He also makes about 3 mill. less thenOutlaw too. I think if you can get someone who can be a damn good facilitator to your scorers in Alridge, Oden, and Roy you should be alright. The Blazers havegood enough shooters in Roy, Webster, Jones, Blake, etc. to keep defenses honest. And if someone else other then Outlaw is traded like guys with expiringsalaries like Raef LeFrentz you guys should be golden. I could see Memphis doing that just for the sheer fact 2010's free agent class could be
eek.gif

That's true...Raef's contract should be enticing.

Outlaw is a Gerald Wallace type dude to me...just crazy athletic with actual skill development over the past couple seasons. He tries sometimes too hard to gethis TMac on and plays outside of his role, but overall he would flourish in an uptempo Grizzlies offense.

Conley just needs to run the offense and facilitate. He's a TJ Ford type (maybe the Blazers get him for less) in that he's definitely undersized butthe Blazers already have a TON of scoring so they don't need to expect much output from him.

Another exciting offseason coming up...should be interesting to see where Melo goes.

I can see the Blazers trading Aldridge for Conley
haha wow.. are u kidding me?? this is probably the dumbest thing i have read in this entire thread.... stop posting after this comment please andsave urself any further embarrassment ...

o and btw.... you sir take a bigtime L....
alien.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

I agree, anyone suggesting the Blazers would trade Aldridge most not have seen that team at all. I will say though, as much as a fan as I am of the Blazers(all because of Brandon Roy who went to my high school) Aldridge is the biggest black hole in the league. I mean I know they run their offense through the postand that will mostly be Oden when he's healthy, but the ball never comes back out when it goes to Aldridge. While he's terribly gifted he could learn afew things about re-entering the post and gaining better position.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

I agree, anyone suggesting the Blazers would trade Aldridge most not have seen that team at all. I will say though, as much as a fan as I am of the Blazers (all because of Brandon Roy who went to my high school) Aldridge is the biggest black hole in the league. I mean I know they run their offense through the post and that will mostly be Oden when he's healthy, but the ball never comes back out when it goes to Aldridge. While he's terribly gifted he could learn a few things about re-entering the post and gaining better position.

Wait what? Why am I reading from other people that the Blazers would move Outlaw or Aldridge for Conley [who is young, small, and can't shoot], andthen reading this post saying the offense will be run through Oden? Oden is the perfect contrast to Aldridge because he's a garbage man. He has littlesemblence of a post game right now, so I have no idea how the offense would "run through him".

It's not going to happen right away, but Oden will be getting and taking away touches from Aldridge. Maybe I shouldn't have said the "offense runthrough" him part. But there are very few people in the league with the combination of strength/speed to guard him...this of course is assuming he'sfully healthy and teams put their best post defender on Aldridge who no one can convince me is not a black hole with the ball.

Blake, Jack, Rodriguez
Roy, (Jones)
Webster, Outlaw
Aldridge, Frye, McRoberts
Pryzbilla, LaFrentz, Oden

This is still a young team and if they can add Rudy Fernandez in 2009, they'll have a solid starting line up in Frenandez/Roy/Webster/Aldridge/Oden.They'll have some money to spend in 2009 (around 20-25 mil i think), but I hope they can just add through the draft or internationally (can't believe isaid that) and wait for the 2010 free agent class. I hope this team can see the big picture before them and not try to rush things by breaking the bank in2009. I have faith since they cut dead weight like Francis, Miles and Randolph for quality people, signing possible (probable) mistakes like Marbury andFrancis in 2009 wont happen.

But when does Roy come off that rookie pay scale? And doesn't Aldridge come off of it too on 2010? Payday is coming for some of those guys.

Originally Posted by pkballr

But when does Roy come off that rookie pay scale? And doesn't Aldridge come off of it too on 2010? Payday is coming for some of those guys.

Yup both come off the books at the same time. The good thing is Raef's contract is gonna be gone by then if they don't trade him by then.

Back
Top Bottom