[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Call me a hater, but I will still never respect the way this team "came together", just as I will never respect any rings that this team wins.

LeBron can win 8 straight rings and I still would put MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan and every other great ahead legacy wise because they didn't have to do no secret squirrel planning nonsense to win it all.

And yes I realize everyone great player had a excellent supporting cast to help them win championships, but it was an organic way, so to say, that those great teams were put together.

They built the ultimate super team and people are surprised that they're winning the chip every year?

When the Celtics built a big 3 it was the organization that did it not some secret meeting and planning between players.

And to those saying that they're not going to 3-peat or more... are you out of your minds... who is going to stop this god squad. More good role players are going to flock to get a chance to win the championship. Everyone is caught up in the hype of this squad, just look on this thread, and who doesn't want to be associated with winning... anything... winning is winning... see Charlie Sheen.

Realisticly what squad can be put together to beat this team?

No one... if Kobe was in his prime you could surround him with talent to give it a shot otherwise there isn't any you can put together to do so... closest being using Durant as your conerstone building piece.

Ok, you're a hater

i was kind of let down. too much of a good thing turned into a bad thing. the one after the celtics series last year will forever be my favorite
I liked the bulls one from 2011 the best the way the quoted Wilbon in that rant then destroyed him was hilarious

Call me a hater, but I will still never respect the way this team "came together", just as I will never respect any rings that this team wins.

LeBron can win 8 straight rings and I still would put MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan and every other great ahead legacy wise because they didn't have to do no secret squirrel planning nonsense to win it all.

And yes I realize everyone great player had a excellent supporting cast to help them win championships, but it was an organic way, so to say, that those great teams were put together.

They built the ultimate super team and people are surprised that they're winning the chip every year?

When the Celtics built a big 3 it was the organization that did it not some secret meeting and planning between players.

And to those saying that they're not going to 3-peat or more... are you out of your minds... who is going to stop this god squad. More good role players are going to flock to get a chance to win the championship. Everyone is caught up in the hype of this squad, just look on this thread, and who doesn't want to be associated with winning... anything... winning is winning... see Charlie Sheen.

No one... if Kobe was in his prime you could surround him with talent to give it a shot otherwise there isn't any you can put together to do so... closest being using Durant as your conerstone building piece.

Chill fam, it's sports entertainment - don't get so worked up. You have the Heat and Spurs play a series of 10 game sevens and it would be split at 5 a piece. Either SA or MIA could've won last night and you shouldn't disrespect TP, Duncan and Manu - they are/were 'Elite' players but the NBA/media didn't push them as superstars.

Regarding LBJ, Wade & Bosh all of them were FAs - they chose to go to the same destination. Kobe, MJ and the rest of the guys you listed played with all star calibre players, to ignore that fact is to be flat out ignorant.

wanna know why magic bird mj kobe duncan didn't need to do that?

magic was playing with worthy, kareem etc

bird was playing with parrish, mchale.

mj played with pippen and rodman

TD played with david robinson, parker, manu

kobe played with shaq, pau, bynum

bron was playing with...donyell marshall...zydrunas ilgauskas... delonte west..sasha pavlovic...larry hughes..

god forbid a team becoming good because of free agency.

Last edited:

I don't think they will 3 peat. A healthy Chicago team would've knocked them out in the 2nd round & if Indiana had Granger, they might have beat them as well. The Spurs coughed this one up, had it, took their foot off the gas too soon and paid for that mistake.

Miami is a great team but they aren't invincible.

Yes, role players will come to play for them but that means nothing if Wade isn't healthy. As much credit as Battier deserves for his performance last night, they don't win that game without Wade stepping up. I can't see LeBron and Bosh alone getting it done, regardless of the role players.

The key to 3-peating will come down to Wade's health and finding a legit big man so Bosh can play the 4 instead of 5 IMO.

Danny Green is a lame for partying with the Heat.

It's all about context. You have 365 days out of the year to party with your old dancing pal LeBron, and you choose to do so RIGHT after your team loses a gut-wrenching game 7? Yes, I know it's just basketball, but to them, basketball is their life, so it means so much more to them than you and I.

That's like getting mad at your girl for partying with her ex after you guys get into argument, and her going "it's just our relationship, there's so much more to life than just us." In terms of basketball, if Danny Green had any sensibility and loyalty to the Spurs organization, he would at least wait awhile before "celebrating" with LeBron and the rest of the Heat. It's a matter of consideration and again, context is everything.

365 days out of the year. Pick any day, just not the day your team loses to the opposing team.

It's all about context. You have 365 days out of the year to party with your old dancing pal LeBron, and you choose to do so RIGHT after your team loses a gut-wrenching game 7? Yes, I know it's just basketball, but to them, basketball is their life, so it means so much more to them than you and I.

That's like getting mad at your girl for partying with her ex after you guys get into argument, and her going "it's just our relationship, there's so much more to life than just us." In terms of basketball, if Danny Green had any sensibility and loyalty to the Spurs organization, he would at least wait awhile before "celebrating" with LeBron and the rest of the Heat. It's a matter of consideration and again, context is everything.

365 days out of the year. Pick any day, just not the day your team loses to the opposing team.

View media item 454078

I don't think they will 3 peat. A healthy Chicago team would've knocked them out in the 2nd round & if Indiana had Granger, they might have beat them as well. The Spurs coughed this one up, had it, took their foot off the gas too soon and paid for that mistake.

Yes, role players will come to play for them but that means nothing if Wade isn't healthy. As much credit as Battier deserves for his performance last night, they don't win that game without Wade stepping up. I can't see LeBron and Bosh alone getting it done, regardless of the role players.

The key to 3-peating will come down to Wade's health and finding a legit big man so Bosh can play the 4 instead of 5 IMO.
And with a healthy wade the heat would still beat a healthy bulls team in 5.

bron was playing with...donyell marshall...zydrunas ilgauskas... delonte west..sasha pavlovic...larry hughes..

people don't realize just how BAD that Cleavland supporting cast was:smh:

View media item 454078

I didn't read the thread so sue me :rolleyes

Let's not act like when they made their postseason runs they were a trash team. They didn't have a STELLAR cast of all-stars like other teams did, but I would compare them to the 2004 Pistons. No one stood out, but they were all amazing at their roles. Cleveland had that. And as my Lakers proved this year, chemistry and effective systems have a much more significant impact than the quality of individual talents.

Last edited:

this was the finals roster

View media item 463227

Agree

And with a healthy wade the heat would still beat a healthy bulls team in 5.

That's debatable as well.

I'm not taking anything away from the Heat, I can actually appreciate this championship more than last year because LeBron was forced to step up and rise to the occasion.

All I'm saying is they aren't invincible and I don't think they will 3-peat IMO. A few teams are one piece away ..

Back
Top Bottom