[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's call LUCK. A big lucky break that is.

I just listened to Dan Lebatard and out of 122 times in deciding game of the NBA finals. The trailing team never come back and win within 20 seconds. We're talking .000005 something percent.

The Heat got no control on Kwahi Leonard missed freethrow and Ginobily missed freethrow that could have ended the Finals on Tuesday.
I dont like statistics like that. Free Throw misses happen. It was Popp fault. Taking out TP on O# possesion, bench TD on D# possession. If you knwo they need a 3 you need a big out there. You end good Defense with a rebound.
There's another side of this coin...if those players participated in the postseason it could very well have turned out in the exact same fashion: Heat winning another championship so its a pretty moot point to bring up...

I do agree that Stephen Jackson would have helped. It would have allowed him some versatility roster wise, as far as being able to bench Green/Ginobli when they were throwing the game away. He could have also been integrating McGrady throughout the playoffs so he could have another creator at his disposal off the bench.
No. Because i listed nearly 10 star players. Legit players in this league. It would make a completely different outcome. Yeah Heat could've still won but they might've not even made it out the East either.

Westbrook
Rondo
DLee
Gallo
Rose
Deng
Lou Will
Granger
Kobe f'n Bryant

come on you cant miss all those players and tell me the playoff outcome would've been the same. No way.

GSW had shot to beat SAS but no Lee, Offense was out of sync.
players do get hurt though, its part of basketball. its not like we're going to wait for that one magical year where no one is hurt and crown that champion as the one true champion

The Spurs still would have had their way with a relatively healthy Lakers team. It might go six games if the Lakers play well enough.

Yeah and I think it would have been OKC vs SAS in the WCF. But without Harden idk if they beat the Spurs again. Harden was huge that series for them.

Yeah and I think it would have been OKC vs SAS in the WCF. But without Harden idk if they beat the Spurs again. Harden was huge that series for them.
BIGGEST MISTAKE OKC EVER MADE! SHOULD HAVE KEPT HARDEN! IT WILL HAUNT THEM FOREVER! KEVIN MARTIN WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO HARDEN.

players do get hurt though, its part of basketball. its not like we're going to wait for that one magical year where no one is hurt and crown that champion as the one true champion

Yeah of course injuries happen. But for injuries to happen to that amount of players of that caliber, isn't common AT ALL. 3 Of the Arguably best PG's out of the playoffs??? Come on...... Arguably best shooting guard in the league out. Come on just stop.

Usually its a few players who are injured. Never that amount of all stars out.

James wanted more money than KD and Russy lol.

No. James just wanted more money PERIOD. He play with 2 Superstars. OKC chose Ibaka over Harden. I dont blame them.

Lebron is 2-2 in the Finals. That means he won two and lost two. 2 of 4. 2-4 would mean he lost 4 Finals, out of 6. Just pointing that out unless I was in a 2 year coma.

Lebron is 2-2 in the Finals. That means he won two and lost two. 2 of 4. 2-4 would mean he lost 4 Finals, out of 6. Just pointing that out unless I was in a 2 year coma.
when the Heat were down 5 points in game 6, in the final minutes i went to go take a shower, because i was ******g upset....good lawd, i couldn't believe the score when i came back to see the scores.......honestly i thought Lebron was done, and Duncan would win his 5 title.

Yes, but the dude who wrote that also wrote that MJ was 6-6, so in that context, 2-2 is incorrect and should've been 2-4.

when the Heat were down 5 points in game 6, in the final minutes i went to go take a shower, because i was ******g upset....good lawd, i couldn't believe the score when i came back to see the scores.......honestly i thought Lebron was done, and Duncan would win his 5 title.

Lol. I thought it was a wrap too.

that game 6 of the nba finals has to be one of the most heartbreaking defeats a team has suffered.    only thing that comes close to me is the rangers cardinals game 6 of the world series in 2011, or the bill buckner mets red sox 86 game, or the bills giants scott norwood missed field goal game.     that spurs heat game 6 is on par with those games to me. 

only silver lining for the spurs is that their team had actually won something before in recent years with that group of guys as opposed to the other 3 choking teams mentioned.

the heat had zero control of missed free throws that occurred while the heat were still trailing, BUT the heat still had to make big shots to tie and eventually win. they made the plays, they won the game, they won the series.

You still skip my point. That was after. After all the bricked free throws. Heat only had to make 1 three pointer to tie the game bro. 1 possession game.

BUT and here's my point again.

Before that they were literally dead. They had no control whatsoever. Spurs were up like what 5 points with 20 secs to go? Go look up the percentage of a trailing team coming back to win with less than 20 seconds. The only way it can happen is the leading team to choke and that what took place. Spurs GAVE it away in order for the Heat to get that 1 possession to tie the game. I was in awe and shocked at the same time because that was the first time i've ever seen a team come that close to wrap up the championship and just give it away. If you and your entourage were watching that game at home. Ask around how many of you think it was over when you saw Spurs up 5 with 20 seconds left? I'm pretty sure everybody was about to call it a wrap.

Last edited:
You still skip my point. That was after. After all the bricked free throws. Heat only had to make 1 three pointer to tie the game bro. 1 possession game.

BUT and here's my point again.

Before that they were literally dead. They had no control whatsoever. Spurs were up like what 5 points with 20 secs to go? Go look up the percentage of a trailing team coming back to win with less than 20 seconds. The only way it can happen is the leading team to choke and that what took place. Spurs GAVE it away in order for the Heat to get that 1 possession to tie the game. I was in awe and shocked at the same time because that was the first time i've ever seen a team come that close to wrap up the championship and just give it away. If you and your entourage were watching that game at home. Ask around how many of you think it was over when you saw Spurs up 5 with 20 seconds left? I'm pretty sure everybody was about to call it a wrap.
Maybe they should practice shooting free throws a little. More in practice.

:lol:

Yes I am a Warriors fan. Been so since I moved to the Bay Area. I've stuck with my team through all the bad years, and its been mostly bad years. Its a shame the same cant be said for you and the "fans" of the team you cheer for. You've spend the last 24 hours stating the same dumb excuses for why Lebron and the Heat won the championship. Not even Spurs fans are trolling as hard as you. Think about that. The fans of the team that just lost to the Heat in heartbreaking fashion are not whining, pissing, and moaning like you and Knightngale.

Oh so you know in your heart there were No Spurs fan in Texas that complain or whine about the choke? How many Spurs fan are on NT? 3, 4? LOL How do you know everybody else in San Anotonio are not whining? Not many Spurs fan are on NT. Go watch or listen to San Antonio radio/ news station Please do some research before you speak.

Also why are there so many Warriors fans that are also Lakers fans? Please explain. Why are yall everywhere?

I've been to the Bay especially San Francisco many times and i see more Lakers fans than Warriors fans.

Last edited:
NBA Finals Game 7: Second Highest-Rated NBA Game in ABC History

NBA Finals Game 7 on ABC – the Miami Heat defeated the San Antonio Spurs in a thriller to repeat as NBA Champions – delivered a 17.7 overnight rating, according to Nielsen. This is the second highest-rated NBA Game in ABC history. The telecast peaked at a 22.6 from 11:30 p.m. – 11:45 p.m. ET.

Game 7 is also expected to mark the 37th consecutive time an NBA Finals telecast has won the night for all of television and is the 25th straight time it has delivered double-digit overnight ratings.

The Game generated a 44.2 metered market rating in Miami, making it the highest-rated NBA Game ever in the market. Additionally, Game 7 scored big in San Antonio with a 46.4.

The 2013 NBA Finals averaged a 12.4 metered market rating, up five percent from an 11.8 for the 2012 NBA Finals.

Who was #1?

Maybe they should practice shooting free throws a little. More in practice.

Not just the missed free throw though. The mistake of Pop for taking Duncan out. 3 Spurs should have fouled Bosh on the rebound it would have been over even if Miami make 2 freethrows. It was many things that add up. That's why i said the chance of a trailing team to come back in that situation is very slim and the leading team must choke in order for it to happen.

It should have been Parker to take the winning shot. I don't know why PoP let Manu go iso for that last play.

And speaking of Manu. Shame on him. He's a vet but he played terrible. I can understand 20 years old Kwahi missing freethrow due to pressure and all that but Manu as a seasoned vet and multiple time champs bricking freethrow smh.

Back
Top Bottom