[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No I was bein serious man.

Again, it is DRASTIC. I mean, that is completely altering the game of basketball. Hockey is the only sport I know of that does that, it's a part of their fabric. Not bball. Or baseball, football, etc.

So in that context, it is "crazy" yet, the idea is feasible.

If you go to quadruple OT and have 8 guys foul out, you would carry on with the game 5 on 4, I believe. (I suppose they could have adjusted the rule, but I believe that's how it used to be) So there are instances that 5 on 4 is valid.

But for flopping, that's interesting.

Blake G flops, ref points at him, he hits the scorers table for 60 seconds. Game on. That minute gets HECTIC. 2 guys can defend CP3 at once, and when the other team gets the ball, they spread out, and the 4 guys have to zone off to prevent someone bein left all alone, and then at 60 Blake runs back on to the court or something? :wow: :lol:

I don't know if we'd ever get a legit shot at it, but I like the idea. People would have no incentive to flop anymore, they'd body up much harder and stop with the flailing.

a team can't go under 4 players. if its down to 5 players and a player gets over 6 fouls the other team gets an addition free throw and the game resumes

Is that right? I hadn't ever heard of that. (not very often a team fouls out all but 4 guys) Maybe I'm thinking of high school or college rules. I swear I remember something on tv once where a team was forced to finish a game 5 on 4. Maybe just for a minute or two, but I saw some video of it.

Then if that is true, the NBA doesn't want any 5 on 4 situations then, so they probably wouldn't want to adopt this type of rule. Damn it. :lol:

You do understand that the HOF is for BASKETBALL in GENERAL right? Manu AND Tracy changed Basketball globally. Manu and Dirk are probably the best International players of all time. Tracy's impact on NBA's popularity globably is probably only matched by Kobe.

Tmac ain't hall of fame bound unless he gets a guided tour, he was great but for whatever reason he didn't sustain it long enough.

And please elaborate on Mcgradys international impact, first time hearing of this and to mention it in the same sentence as Kobe's international buzz is ridiculous....almost sig worthy.

Let me know when T Mac gets a statue in china

Tmac ain't hall of fame bound unless he gets a guided tour, he was great but for whatever reason he didn't sustain it long enough.

And please elaborate on Mcgradys international impact, first time hearing of this and to mention it in the same sentence as Kobe's international buzz is ridiculous....almost sig worthy.

He spread basketball popularity in China which is one of the NBA's biggest markets globally.

He spread basketball popularity in China which is one of the NBA's biggest markets globally.

Ok you said that already bro, elaborate means go into a bit more detail and explain or show examples of how he did it. Even still to say its matched by Kobe is an epic reach, the man has a statue to show his popularity what does Tmac have to show for his ? :nerd:

Ok you said that already bro, elaborate means go into a bit more detail and explain or show examples of how he did it. Even still to say its matched by Kobe is an epic reach, the man has a statue to show his popularity what does Tmac have to show for his ?
nerd.gif
POWERAH

T-Mac will go in, but he definitely won't be a first ballot HOF'er... He'll probably be one of those guys who gets inducted 15-20 years later

Last edited:
Ok big guy, and by that logic, this game with flopping is not called basketball
flopping is nothing new so to answer your question YES this game with flopping is called basketball. you want no rules go watch and1. you want powerplays go watch NHL

the NBA just needs to go back to how it used to be. everyone had legitimate hate towards the other team. every game was a grudge match. nobody wanted to look weak so getting bodied was not an option.

Last edited:
Lol we could be counting finals mvps which they both have the same amount now

Lebron: 2 Finals MVP's, 2 NBA championships, 4 Finals appearances

Kobe: 2 Finals MVP's, 5 NBA championships, 7 finals appearances.

Lebron got some more work to do

Last edited:
Lebron: 2 Finals MVP's, 2 NBA championships, 4 Finals appearances

Kobe: 2 Finals MVP's, 5 NBA championships, 7 finals appearances.

Lebron got some more work to do

Your right he does but how many seasons has Kobe played and how many has Kobe played?

The Lakers are not making the finals next year so Lebron beating Kobe will never be reality. Even the Heat are not guaranteed to make the finals like this year.

It's pointless to try and predict the season before it starts, if someone said San Antpnio would be the team facing the Heat this year 99% of sportspeople would've laughed it off or called it homerism.

The west is as wide open as I can remember, besides OKC every team got issues imo and they're not a lock either.

I don't want a Kobe vs Lebron finals. Too many excuses will be made

The league did try to set it up in 2009 but Lebron choked it in the ECF.

Unfortunately we will never see a Lebron vs Kobe anymore. Kobe is too old to carry a team to the Finals in a rugged and difficult Western Conference.

Back
Top Bottom