• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:rofl:at acting like financial privilege and wealth gonna make you the best shooter of all time with a dribble package

im not dismissing the fact that steph had advantages compared to other professional athletes, but some of yall go to incredibly great lengths to dismiss what bruh has accomplished.
Steph worked extremely hard to get to where he is. Best shooter of all time.

Yeah, sort of. By no means was I comparing Steph to Jordan.

I just don't get the argument that Player X just got lucky with having a great Org., great teammates, great coach etc...it doesn't take anything away from player X.

Basketball is a team sport, and it takes an entire org to win. But at the end of the day, everything hinges on the Franchise's best player. The argument is always going be here, whether it's Kobe w/ Shaq, MJ w/ Pippen, Duncan w/ Tony & Ginobili, and the list goes on and on. The exceptions are few and far between, Like Dirk, Hakeem, and maybe (hopefully) Kawhi tonight.

Chill, Kawhi has Kyle.

Correct. Poor blood flow area, with slow recovery abilities unless details are paid attention to. This injury did not need to happen to KD.

Trainers have finally listened, and then have figured out how to prevent ACL tears. All they had to do was to train the quads to be twice as strong as the hamstring, and this alone stops those horrific knee injuries. They have been down for a few years. Next up, proper training of the foot and ankle. Much of what the sports teams have learned has been through trial and error in regard to training and recovery. They've ignored science for a long time, listening to a bunch of yahoo's. However, insurance also gets in the way. People know what to do in order to protect these players, but the organizations sometimes just want to save money.

Give me some good quad exercises bro. My joints looking flabby :smh:

Checked the off season thread and I was wrong. My bad. Middle ground is for participation trophy finalists!!!

Steph Curry put in the work to be where he is today

However having a father who was an NBA player who knew the path to get to the NBA and not having to deal with poverty was an advantage that other players will never experience.

He was shooting in a NBA court weekly seeing what his dad and his teammates were doing and what kind of work was necessary to get there.

Dude was Southern Conference player of the year and drafted 7th overall.

He did put in work in his high school years and in college to get to the NBA but his fathers name surely elevated his platform to get noticed

Last edited:
you didnt know? money is VC in real life. Wanna be a better hooper? Just go to footlocker and upgrade yourself b. Compression shorts gives you +10 speed. Tank tops is +5 strength. all you need is money and you'll be the best. Imagine all these poor people that have to workout everyday to be good, when all you have to do is hit the shop and glow up.

damn poor people.

so what you're telling me is that my inability to crack the NBA isn't due to my lack of height, athleticism, talent, footwork, eye-hand coordination, and shooting but rather because i grew up in the hood? it all makes sense now!!

so what you're telling me is that my inability to crack the NBA isn't due to my lack of height, athleticism, talent, footwork, eye-hand coordination, and shooting but rather because i grew up in the hood? it all makes sense now!!

Factssssss. You're either rich or got lucky according to NT.

Wasn't sposed to be here.

Give me some good quad exercises bro. My joints looking flabby :smh:
How long has it been since you've trained? Because certain exercises may be contraindicated to your specific condition. Preexisting injuries, lacking flexibility, alignment issues may compromise your progress. In that, I highly recommend STATIC/Isometric exercises for strength training, then walking both forward and backward as a beginner. Here is an example of a static quad movement...

I get that he had great guidance, but teenage years and on, there are so many traps and pitfalls that anyone can succumb too. There's the real question, though. Do your upbringings really dictate your talents, or is it internal, and success a product of effort applied? It can be both, but it can also be separate, ya dig? That's where luck comes in. Are we born to do something?

ImperturbableJaggedAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

tenor.gif

Steph Curry put in the work to be where he is today

However having a father who was an NBA player who knew the path to get to the NBA and not having to deal with poverty was an advantage that other players will never experience.

He was shooting in a NBA court weekly seeing what his dad and his teammates were doing and what kind of work was necessary to get there.

Yes he worked. The point is dude didn’t worry about being hungry, having to work, not having the lights on, not having a home, having the hood “take him”, etc. Dude had to play ball and have above a 2.5 GPA. That’s what people are saying but of course some people don’t want/can’t understand that.

Yes he worked. The point is dude didn’t worry about being hungry, having to work, not having the lights on, not having a home, having the hood “take him”, etc. Dude had to play ball and have above a 2.5 GPA. That’s what people are saying but of course some people don’t want/can’t understand that.
I’m agreeing with you dog.

Compare his story to Pascal Siakam

THIS IS A ******* UNDERDOG STORY

Mans didn’t play organized basketball until 17!

He was studying to be a priest!

He gonna win MIP

Seems like the emphasis on his dad playing in the NBA was why he had an advantage, and the other side was talking about him earning it all on his own. Not his personal life, but his on court life. Dudes fall off all the time, whether it be drugs, mental toughness, whatever, but none is immune. He stayed with his head in the game, like every single person who is successful at what they do had to do.

Back
Top Bottom