NBA LIVE 10 thread - New Zoom Kobe V & Air Max LeBron VII colourways, Bobcats Nascar uni.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Keep the obligatory 2K is better comments to yourselves until you actually play Live and dislike it[/color].It's well known 2K has crushed Live since the next generation jump(actually, since before then, in my opinion), but Live looks to haveclosed the gap this year.

my ask what gap you are talking about because this trailer is all bad (i will speak about the gameplay 2morrow when demo comes out) i mean look at one point ithits Gasols head and goes out of bounds i mean its a trailer and did you see turkoglu and bynum
sick.gif

I will admit that live has impressed me, but unless it completely blows 2k out the water, theres no way im switching. If anything i will get both. SE 2k10 formy 360 and Live 10 my ps3

Originally Posted by XxHonchoxX

Always wondered why demos come out on XBL before PSN. Any answers?
Cause xbox users pay, and it's better. ( no fan boy )

ill be the first of many

Xbox 360> PS3
Xbox live > PSN
but seriously i think because i mean xbox live is easily compatible and easier to put up? i dunno sounds right

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

my ask what gap you are talking about because this trailer is all bad (i will speak about the gameplay 2morrow when demo comes out) i mean look at one point it hits Gasols head and goes out of bounds i mean its a trailer and did you see turkoglu and bynum
sick.gif
If you watch any of the other videos out of the dozen or so which have been released, namely the producer videos going through the new controlsand features, you should be impressed. (Unless you're one of the many fanboys)

And what's the big deal about it hitting Gasol's head after going through the hoop after he looked to help? Countless times in 2K9 I've donelay-ups then kicked the ball to half court while running back.

Live looking nice. I honestly just have more fun playing Live but 2K is cool too, we'll see next Friday.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

getting live for the first time since 04. excited
pimp.gif
. +*$% 2k

And the WEEBLE
laugh.gif

But I feel you though. I want to get a hoop game but I can also afford to wait until Black Friday where they both maybe $30
ohwell.gif

[h1]Bring on the Demo![/h1]
A71TBf.jpg

10-September-2009

Hi LIVE fans! Well, the long wait is almost coming to an end. You're finally going to get a small taste of the new and improved version of Live via the NBA LIVE 10 demo. Sorry, PS3 users, you'll just have to wait a little bit longer - but don't worry, the demo will be hitting PSN next week. So before the downloading begins, we thought it would be good to let you know what to expect, give you a controller config, and quick rundown of the new gameplay features.

The demo will be 2 quarters of play (4 minutes each) using the Orlando Magic at LA Lakers. You'll also have access to the new hangar environment when you boot up the game. Here, you can try out some of the new dribble moves and get a feel for all the new shot controls as well. Press the A (Cross) button to cycle through the different players and try out different signature shots. It's also helpful to just locomote around with different players to get a feel for how the different players move, as each individual in the league will have a unique feel/momentum based on their agility, weight, ball handling ability, and other factors. Keep an eye on the hint boxes in the lower right hand corner as you shoot around in the hangar as well as they'll give you valuable tips on how to be successful in this year's game.

When you finally jump into the game, make sure you check out the various game settings to personalize the game to your taste and style of play. And remember the difficulty levels we discussed a few weeks back:

Rookie = for kids and beginners
Pro = for casual fans, pick up and play (lots of dunks)
All-Star = for the hardcore sim gamers
Superstar = for the ultra-hardcore

Also, check out the new throwback jerseys and atmosphere settings…they really add a lot of life and variation to the game.

Lastly, I just wanted to throw out a few caveats. Remember, this is NOT the final product that you'll be getting on October 6th. Because of the timing of our development schedule, we have to branch our codebase for the demo quite early. So you guys may experience some odd glitches from time to time that we've already ironed out for the full game. Either way, we really look forward to reading your feedback on the demo â€" both good and bad. And if there are things that you'd like to see changed, please let us know. We've probably either already taken care of it or we'll do our best to address any problems you might have via a patch. Also, because of demo size limitations, several features within the game are trimmed down to make it slimmer. Audio/commentary is probably the most noticeable area that gets affected.

Well, that's about it. Hope you guys have a great time with the demo. But again, please remember that the purpose of it is just to give you a small taste of the improvements made to this year's game. You won't get the full picture of the great work the Live team has done this cycle without experiencing the full version of the game on Oct. 6th. All the player/team differentiation, Dynamic DNA all year long, and new game modes (including the most engaging online experience I've ever played) are just some of the things to look forward to next month.

Here's the controls stuff I mentioned earlier. Be sure to give it a good read.
[table][tr][td]
Basic Offense
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
LSTICK:
[/td] [td]
Movement
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RSTICK UP:
[/td] [td]
Spin (moving dribble)
Double Move (stationary dribble)
Sweep Through (from triple threat)
Attacking Size up (while holding Turbo)

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RSTICK DOWN:
[/td] [td]
Stepback (moving dribble)
Standing Stepback (stationary dribble)
Protect Ball (from triple threat)
Retreat Dribble (while holding Turbo)

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RSTICK LEFT (ball in RH):
[/td] [td]
Crossover (moving dribble)
Standing Crossover (stationary dribble)
Cross to Hesitation (hold after standing cross)
Step Through (from triple threat)

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RSTICK RIGHT (ball in RH):
[/td] [td]
Moving Hesitation (moving dribble)
Standing Hesitation (stationary dribble)
Jab Step (from triple threat)

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
A(Cross):
[/td] [td]
Pass
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
B(Circle):
[/td] [td]
Pick & Roll Control
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
X(Square):
[/td] [td]
Shoot
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Y(Triangle):
[/td] [td]
Alley-oop
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
LT(L2):
[/td] [td]
Direct Pass/Offball Switch
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RT(R2):
[/td] [td]
Turbo/Size up
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
LB(L1):
[/td] [td]
Playcalling
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RB(R1):
[/td] [td]
Dynamic Quick Play
(toggle Roll vs. Fade during on-ball screen)

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
D-PAD UP:
[/td] [td]
Coaching - Subs
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
D-PAD DOWN:
[/td] [td]
Coaching - Options
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
D-PAD LEFT:
[/td] [td]
Not used
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
D-PAD RIGHT:
[/td] [td]
Coaching - Matchups
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
BACK(SELECT)
[/td] [td]
Call Timeout
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
Basic Defense
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
LSTICK:
[/td] [td]
Movement
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RSTICK UP:
[/td] [td]
Hands Up
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RSTICK DOWN:
[/td] [td]
Take Charge
Set Screen (offball offense)

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RSTICK LEFT:
[/td] [td]
Not used
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RSTICK RIGHT:
[/td] [td]
Not used
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
A(Cross):
[/td] [td]
Player Switch
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
B(Circle):
[/td] [td]
Double Team (hold)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
X(Square):
[/td] [td]
Steal
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Y(Triangle):
[/td] [td]
Block/Rebound
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
LT(L2):
[/td] [td]
Direct Switch
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RT(R2):
[/td] [td]
Turbo
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
LB(L1):
[/td] [td]
Playcalling
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
RB(R1):
[/td] [td]
Defensive Assist
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
D-PAD UP:
[/td] [td]
Coaching - Subs
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
D-PAD DOWN:
[/td] [td]
Coaching - Options
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
D-PAD LEFT:
[/td] [td]
Not used
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
D-PAD RIGHT:
[/td] [td]
Coaching - Matchups
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
BACK(SELECT)
[/td] [td]
Intentional Foul
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Freestyle Passing:
On Offense, while LT (L2) is held, the Right Analog stick becomes freestyle passing. Use this to quickly throw a pass one way while moving another. For better passers, this is the best way to get a flashy assist.

Direct Pass Receiver Control:
When using Direct Pass, if you keep the LT (L2) and selected receiver's button held, you can use the left stick to control where your pass recipient goes. It's a great way to quickly move the receiver to an open spot, into the post, behind the 3PT line, or to the ball carrier for the dribble handoff. Releasing the receiver's button while still holding LT (L2) will throw the pass.

Direct Offball Switch:
If you want to temporarily player lock to an offball player on offense without throwing a pass. Pull LT (L2), press the button of the guy you want to control, then release LT (L2) while still holding down the teammate's button. Now you can release the button, the pass won't be thrown, and you'll be in control of the offball player. Now you can run around and play away from the ball as if player locked.

Dribble Moves:
Like last year, you can still perform move chains out of the hesitation dribble, but we've simplified dribbling a bit by removing the need to hold down RT(R2). From the hesitation pose, move the Left Analog to the left or right for a go-move or hesitation crossover, or move the Right Analog stick down for the hesitation stepback.

Size up Moves:
To get your defender off balance and set him up for a drive, pull and hold RT (R2) while in a stationary dribble. The ball handler will perform a cool set of size up dribble moves. The longer you size up your defender, the better your chance of being able to blow by him. However, you'll be more susceptible to getting the ball stolen if the defender attempts a steal. You can string together size up moves with the new Right Stick dribble moves to get some really nice ankle breaking sequences.

Attacking Size ups and Escape dribble:
While sizing up your defender (holding RT (R2) while dribbling in place), you can move the Right Analog stick Up to perform an attacking size up dribble. Moving the Right Analog Down will trigger a quick escape dribble and allow you to reset your 1-on-1 battle.

Jumpshots:
To shoot a regular jumper, neutralize your Left Analog stick prior to hitting the Shot button. Otherwise, if your Left Stick is deflected you'll either shoot a layup, leaner/stepback jumper, runner, or floater. Experiment with the Left Stick in different situations and with different players to discover the various shot types in the game.

Layup Solutions (Basic):
When attacking the hoop, throw the Left Analog stick to either side of the basket just prior to hitting the Shot button to take your layup in that direction and evade getting blocked.

Layup Solutions (Advanced):
Pretty much every guard or swingman in the NBA has adopted the prohop, euro step, and spin layup. Now you have that control in NBA LIVE 10. When attacking the basket, hold RT (R2) and throw the Left Analog stick to the left or right when you hit the Shot button to pull off those moves.

Dunks:
When attacking the basket, hold RT (R2) when you hit the Shot button and your player will try to dunk (if he can). Don't force dunks in traffic or you might get rim stuffed.

Bank Shots:
If your Left Analog stick is deflected (in any direction) at the time you release your jumpshot, your player will try to go glass.

Pick & Roll Control:
Point your Left Analog stick in the direction of the teammate you want a screen from and press and hold B (Circle) (*note: if your Left Analog is neutral, Synergy will select the best screener for you.) Press RB (R1) to toggle back and forth between roll vs. fade. A small icon will appear above the screener's head to indicate what you've chosen. Releasing the B (Circle) button at any time will send the screener on a slip, roll, or fade based on what you've selected and the timing of your release.

If you're controlling an offball player, press and hold B (Circle) to call for an offball screen. It's a great way to get free for an open jumpshot. Also, you can set screens for your teammates by holding Down on the Right Analog stick.

pimp.gif
- Demo Blog - http://www.easports.com/b...t/slug/bring-on-the-demo

I played it for about 2 hours right after it was put up; about to log some more time on it.

Anybody else given it a try yet? Opinions?

I like it, but I was expecting more. Took me a little while to get used to the controls.

It has improved but players still move robotic.
Caught a lob that went through the backboard.
indifferent.gif

2k10 copped.

I like the emphasis on traded players and throwbacks. Makes the game looks promising. This takes me back a year when I bought Live 09. With that being said,EFF Live 10!!!

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Cause xbox users pay, and it's better. ( no fan boy )

I believe it is because all PSN updates occur on Thursdays. So unless the demo drops on a Thursday, we have to wait until the following Thursday.

Bout to d/l on XBL now and then DL on PSN on the 17th, I'll try to give a pretty in depth analysis on both when I can

Back
Top Bottom