NBA LIVE 10 thread - New Zoom Kobe V & Air Max LeBron VII colourways, Bobcats Nascar uni.

Going to have to d/l the videos looked good.. when is the 2k demo supposed to be out?

Its wack!
smh.gif
I used to love live, but its over.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

wait.. what? theres no post game in live??????

2k removed the post up button as well
If you toss the ball into somebody posting, the will continue to while they have the ball, but there's not really any other way.

Mike Wang said this on OS:

"To post up, you have to feather your stick and "walk" into your defender."

I have yet be able to execute this.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

wait.. what? theres no post game in live??????

2k removed the post up button as well
If you toss the ball into somebody posting, the will continue to while they have the ball, but there's not really any other way.

Mike Wang said this on OS:

"To post up, you have to feather your stick and "walk" into your defender."

I have yet be able to execute this.
So this time you can't click the RS to post up?

as a yearly 2k supporter and live basher, i have to say that the demo is not that bad
i enjoyed playing it once thru, player movement doesnt look bad like i thought old lives did, the players move rather realistically idley like in 2k
the one thing i dont like is that the dribbling moves and all that are not camera contextual, so doing jab steps and other thigns is pretty annoying
im gonna chalk a lot up to not kwnoing the controls taht well, im extremly used to 2k, the post up thing is kinda weird at first but i got used to it, but idont know how to do post moves and ended up just doing a lil shoulder fake to baby hook with dwight by pressing shoot while backed up
graphics wise, i saw a lot of people complaining about player lieknesses on other boards and i hav to say i dont agree, the likenesses are good, some of themlooking really great at times (ithink dwight loks real good, wade looked real good, pietrus was almost spot on aha) and then some players just look kinda wierd(i think kobe looks odd) but all in all all players are recognizable IMO
spacing of the court looked good, the staples center looked nice, but i have to agree that skin tones are weird, specialy in teh hangar area, for instance iclicked on a white point guard and started using him, thinking who is this? and it was chris paul......
pretty good output tho, ill have to play it some more and ill more than likely download the game when it comes out, along with 2k of course

Originally Posted by Tommy Wong

graphics wise, i saw a lot of people complaining about player lieknesses on other boards and i hav to say i dont agree, the likenesses are good, some of them looking really great at times (ithink dwight loks real good, wade looked real good, pietrus was almost spot on aha) and then some players just look kinda wierd (i think kobe looks odd) but all in all all players are recognizable IMO
spacing of the court looked good, the staples center looked nice, but i have to agree that skin tones are weird, specialy in teh hangar area, for instance i clicked on a white point guard and started using him, thinking who is this? and it was chris paul......
stephensonmc;2040160837 wrote:
It also has to do with the lighting in the Hangar. If you notice, there are quite a few windows in the hangar where they wouldn't be in an NBA arena. There's alot of natural light there that will shine on the players directly instead of a stop down lighting like a NBA arena. Lighting was done in detail this year and there's alot of depth to it.

You'll notice that players appear lighter and darker in different arenas and the hangar.

i'm sorry, but i can't mess with this demo. colors are way too bright, couldn't post up, movements are still stiff, i clearly got up for a reboundbut the player didn't grab it, releases are weird.

basically its the reason i haven't bought live in years, because of the gameplay. love the features, and commentators. other than that, i'm stickingwith 2k even it is 2k9.5 this year.

DaoudS;2040162343 wrote:
I think many people are struggling with certain things (direct passing, backing down, off ball controls) so I wanted to put all those controls in this thread instead of filling up the impressions thread with it.

This blog - http://www.easports.com/blogs/nbalive/inthepaint/post/slug/bring-on-the-demo - is very helpful to people who are just getting their hands on the game.

For people like me who like the more visual ques here are the couple of videos that EA put up prior to the release of the demo:
Passing controls:
Shooting tutorial:

What the videos don't show is things like how do back down. The developers explained early in the impression thread that you gently move in with the left stick and the player will automatically do a post up.

I, for one, am very confused to the play calling. Certain plays only get activated with certain players have the rock... I think. Also don't completely understand how the quick plays work either. I don't think I am alone in that - especially the people who are playing Live for the first in a long time.

Hopefully we can help each other out and learn the game for the way it was meant to be played.

I was expecting a good game from Live 10, but this is dissapointing, gonna play it more, to see if maybe i change my mind

Ok so i just played the game Here are Pro and Cons

Pros
1.The Court Looks great
2. Easy to see Jersey
3. Shoot around while loading (technically After the shoot around loads making it useless)
4. Good cross overs
Cons
1.No post up game
2. They game is too zoomed out or i can't see how players look (maybe its my TV)
3. Gameplay is faster
4. Scoring is beyond easy
5. No Defense
6. Left trigger to see all the Players to pass it to
7. VERY stiff movements
8. Your play has no momentum meaning if im on a fast break and press X to shoot he is gonna stop in his tracks and shoot not run and do a layup
9. Players look TERRIBLE

And thats all i really don't see 2k10 being that much better than 2k9 but it still blows Live out of the water

Beluba;2040163590 wrote:
Pared, regarding Stealing and Blocking. We really wanted to encourage people not to run around and spam those buttons like they have in the past. If people attempt to do them randomly, I'm happy that the AI blows by them. So what we tried to do was boost the impact of those defensive actions when you did them in the correct circumstances. Essentially, hitting the steal button just as you make contact with the dribbler on a drive or crossover move. Or hitting steal when you see a guy sizing up. Or hitting steal just as you make contact with a guy going for a layup to strip the ball. Or reading where the shooter is trying to go, anticipating, and challenging/blocking his shot.

But for defense in general, our focus this year wasn't to create "video game" defensive tactics. But rather, we wanted to encourage users to master positional defense and team defensive strategy. Read the dribbler, anticipate, cutoff the angles, bring help at the right times, etc. Yeah it's great to get a strip, knock the ball loose, or huge block... but over the course of a game, good defense is just making sure the offense works for every shot. For me, if I make my opponent take a contested shot on every possession and not give up easy scores, I consider it a successful defensive stand. So there may not be tons of stuff "to do" with the controller on the defensive end of the floor. But there's plenty to think about and I think it's actually quite engaging... especially against another human opponent.

pimp.gif

D-Pad (Down)

Pick N Roll Team Defensive Settings
Auto
Switch
Trap
Show and Recover

Amazing

Playbooks make no sense meaning that I need to sit down and STUDY them. In a GREAT way. It is a beautiful thing man, and all of the variations. Again, mygoodness!

Man this is the first time IN MY LIFE that I have seen the CPU take the ball out, PASS the ball up court and get a quick bucket AFTER the make. These foolsscored in like 4 seconds. 2 passes. My goodness.

The more familiar I'm getting with the controls, plays & post-game, the more I enjoy it.

Finally starting to do work on the "All-Star" difficulty level.
pimp.gif

DC in this thread heavy.
nerd.gif

Like I said in Live vs 2k thread, Live 10 looks vastly improved over it predecessors, looking forward to playing the demo next week.

VC is a damn monster, im dunking with him and pietrus like nothing on all star

Downloading now....seems alright this year. I'll probably just Gamefly it if I do get it.

Beluba;2040164228 wrote:
Post Play:
tap Shot = pumpfake
double tap Shot = up and under
tap Shot, move LS or RS left/right = fake and drive
turbo + RS left/right = drop step
RS left/right = post spin
Shot with neutral LS = hook or post turnaround
Shot with LS away = post fade
LS up prior to dribble = pivot to face up

on defense it's a rock paper scissor game. If you guess the right way with LS when offensive guy makes a move, you increase your chance of a strip or steal. Ratings are factored into the dice roll as well

time Steal or Block when ball handler makes his move or shot to strip or block

also if you're controlling an offball defender, double from the blind side and time your Steal button as you come in. Sometimes you can pop the ball out that way.

Played it.

Again, garbage. Feels like your not controlling there every move, because your not. And why are the players so damn big? I swear that was Chewbacca wearing #16on the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom