NBA LIVE 10 thread - New Zoom Kobe V & Air Max LeBron VII colourways, Bobcats Nascar uni.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Originally Posted by parada45

IGN rated 2K higher so that was the tiebreaker for me

talk about by a hair.

2k rated 8.5
Live rated 8.2

Gonna go pick up live today on lunch at work.
Agreed.

Also wasn't this years rating lower than last years for 2k?

2k used to be supreme, the improvements they made the last couple years are not that big.

As for Live they made a big jump from very bad to good.

I copped 2k10 but I was impressed with the gameplay on live.. I plan on buying NCAA Basketball 2010. any info on it?

Originally Posted by FrankDolla

I copped 2k10 but I was impressed with the gameplay on live.. I plan on buying NCAA Basketball 2010. any info on it?
It's pretty much the same as Live, but with some gameplay adjustments to make it more team oriented. I posted up the trailer that came outlast week, and more videos are supposed to be coming this week.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

It's pretty much the same as Live, but with some gameplay adjustments to make it more team oriented. I posted up the trailer that came out last week, and more videos are supposed to be coming this week.

thanks.. I'll check them out.

Any idea which of the two games is more "beginner freindly"?

I haven't played video game basketball since live '96 for the Nintendo 64. Want to get back into it but some of these games nowadays are just toomuch.

It's pretty much the same as Live, but with some gameplay adjustments to make it more team oriented. I posted up the trailer that came out last week, and more videos are supposed to be coming this week.

thanks.. I'll check them out.
Ya i think i'll substitute Live for NCAA BBall 10, that way I won't have 2 NBA games laying around
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I haven't played video game basketball since live '96 for the Nintendo 64. Want to get back into it but some of these games nowadays are just too much.
Either one will be friendly if you tone down the difficulty... Youll be playing the game at like a tiny percentage of what it really is though. Asfar as doing cool looking things without as much effort, Lives dribbling and handling system is MUCH MUCH more easy to use and rewarding than 2k's.

@Hovkid

I'd say NBA Live 2010 since your just using one button to shoot/dunk. Don't have to mess with the analog stick the timing on that can be tricky.

Crossovers are a lot easier on Live as well. Just don't ever spin unless no one is around you and your a pg or sg with a very high handle rating. My boycalls is the turnover move.

Some thoughts after three days of playing it.

Pros:

Speed: I really like the tempo of the game. The fact that if you break down the defender on the base line run full speed to the basket with say JR smith that aslower defender like Zeke won't catch him from the other side of the court.
Jump shot: This is probably the best jump shot of any basketball game ever imho. Normally I would only take jumpers when I was WIDE open. The rest of the timeI was either posting or driving. I never got a good feel for the timing. Live I love the mid range game as well as the 3. Now I can use stojakovic mid rangejumper as well as billups.
happy.gif

Graphics: The game just looks great. Bright, vibrant, engaging. The lighting has issues in the pre game court where you can use the stars. Some of the facesare a little off. But for a video game there great.

Fun: This game is just really easy to pick up and play. A lot of fun.
pimp.gif

Took me two games to remember not to use the 2K post button.
laugh.gif

Cons:

CPU Tendencies: Some frustrating things the cpu does.

1. They can steal like 60% of my passes. (Before I adjusted the cpu settings).
mad.gif

2. Automatic steal the second you dribble with a PF or C in the paint. (Again can be adjusted in settings but very annoying)
sick.gif

3. Shot selection. (How are they going to take a fading 3 point shot with David Lee as the first shot of the game. When has this ever happened?) Usually justin the first quarter from time to time.

The Baseline:

!$%? I've heard of using the baseline as another defender, but its ridiculous how many time in a game when you drive hard they do a catwalk dribblebasically handing the ball to the other team. Very annoying. But you learn to adjust.
tired.gif

Biggest Gripe:

The spin move. Don't do it. Ever! Seriously. Obviously greg oden or dirk aren't going to cross people up like that. But I'm talking chris paul or drose. Almost always an instant turnover. Unless at the top of the key with the defender a few feet away. I have to be conscious every game to never do it.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Overall: 8

I haven't played online yet. But I hear its hit or miss like always. Based on the player or douche.
eyes.gif

Really fun game that needs some tweaking on the settings.

Scores, stats, percentages, feel of the game where realistic. I'd recommend the game this year.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Anyone want to play me on xbox?
Shoot, I just got off, but will be on later tonight.

Feel free to hit me up: Sealy21Garnett

And PoloRSport, sounds like you need more time to learn the game.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I haven't played video game basketball since live '96 for the Nintendo 64. Want to get back into it but some of these games nowadays are just too much.

NBA live 10.

I'll try and see what i can do, just rented it this a.m and played a quarter before i had to get back to work.

i get off in 2 hours,

xbox gt: MEMPHISBOI55

Anyone want an easy game against a beginner in Live, hit me up!

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Anyone want to play me on xbox?
Shoot, I just got off, but will be on later tonight.

Feel free to hit me up: Sealy21Garnett

And PoloRSport, sounds like you need more time to learn the game.

Hit me up tonight. Peep the sig. I get off @ 11:30 Mountain time though, but if you're still up I will run a couple games with you.

Game is sick
laugh.gif
. Servers are great and the games have been competitive. Nuggets are no joke though
smh.gif

All of the all stars and the notables look on point but as for everyone else
smh.gif
laugh.gif
, they didn't even try.

Nuggets are quick and fast as hell. JR Smith shot lights out against me both times i've played them. Has anyone had a problem with auto subbing? EverytimeI play online even when i change auto subs to manual it still subs players in automatically. I put stephen curry in at a dead ball, 5 seconds later a foul wascalled and Monta Ellis comes back in

Back
Top Bottom