NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

so what is walsh supposed to do, overpay for lee and nate?

lock lee up when he was cheaper? walsh has only been on the job for a year.
Not now, no. The woes of this team have been long-built, and it's not Walsh's fault, he's doing what he can.

It's a plausible way to run a franchise, especially since you're a big market. I just don't agree with it.

I know you're looking for an alternative to what else he could have done, and I'm not sure exactly what they could have done in the past 5 years to setthem up for a better future, bad-signings, iffy trades, poor drafting, whatever it may be, the Knicks are inbetween a rock and a hard place, and I'm notsaying they're hopeless, but I've been so used to the Knicks being a bottom-feeder, it's hard to see them escaping that. It just seems that mostgood teams have a few good players that pan out well that don't cost very much, and you can say that about Wilson Chandler... Just the idea of not havingmore than 4 guys on the roster next year makes my cringe.

It's either LeBron, Wade, or bust IMO. Anyone else isn't worth offering a near-max deal for.

But, they have Harrington for another year, so all is well.
pimp.gif

My 2010 dream? Harrington to Dallas.
pimp.gif

I'll update after I go hit up the courts in a bit, I've really delayed too damn long.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
The problem is a lot of the time is that numbers are hardto come by, there are different reports, and what-not. I'm planning on updating it with links to articles/reports on the deals and whatnot, but there'sonly so much I can do with Yuku and the formatting, which I'm not all that familiar with.

The last thing I'll mention about LeBron. Forget locations, LeBron can go party in NYC anytime he wants in the off-season or during breaks. The managementin Cleveland has BUSTED THEIR BALLS to get LeBron players. They've done it ever since he got there. They've constantly upgraded and made good moves,and gotten better. If I'm LeBron, I look at what's been dealt to me, and say you know what, Ohio loves me, it may not be LA, it may not be Brooklyn, itmay not be MSG, but it is what it is, and they have shown they're willing to do what it takes to make me happy.

Why doesn't Wayne Ellington have a #? I hope hes changing his mind about rocking #19.. he needs a better number. Wayne Ellington is that dude
pimp.gif

btw

If you wandered into the Fanzz store at the Gateway on Monday, you might have been struck by the apparent disconnect between the Jazz's acceptance of Carlos Boozer's return this season and the row of Boozer jerseys on sale for 50 percent off. That's right, the Jazz's chain of team stores has marked down those $80 Boozer jerseys in half. They're available in home white, road navy, alternate light blue and a white/brown combination I'd never before seen. Kids sizes, too. Salt Lake Tribune

Heat, I can top that.

If Bron was smart, ya'll know where he should want to go?

The LA Clippers.
pimp.gif

2nd biggest market, plenty big enough. Hollywood would come to him. Battle Kobe for the Staples center one upsmanship.

Jordan
Griffin
Bron
Gordon
Davis

Thorton, either Canby/Kaman, plus filler off the bench.

Zero history other then sucking to completely take credit for changing the face of the franchise. Hell, they could fire Dunleavy, Bron could be the coach, orhe could pick a new one to come with him.
Good wheather, he'd have a chance to winright away, something not promised in NY, plus get dollars from Nike still, steal some thunder from Kobe whichdon't tell me he don't wanna do......

Why not?

Bron to the Clips, thas my plan, make that happen Sterling.
pimp.gif

Donald Sterling is the most incompetent piece of trash in the League. I don't care if he got rid of Zach Randolph and got Blake Griffin.

That guy is a DOOFUS.

He probably would've drafted Thabeet if it were upto him solely.

[h2]James defends not shaking hands[/h2]

Comment Email Print Share
By Nick Friedell
ESPNChicago.com
Archive

CHICAGO -- LeBron James remains unrepentant for refusing to shake hands with the Orlando Magic after they ousted his Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference finals.

The reigning NBA MVP made that abundantly clear on Tuesday afternoon, while he was in town promoting his upcoming movie, "More Than a Game."

When asked by a reporter if he regretted not shaking hands since it gave him his first "black eye" in the court of public opinion, James said: "I still haven't had a black eye, for one. Two, I don't regret anything that I do. The only thing I apologize for that night is not doing the media [session, after the game].

"The media, your ... job don't start until ours' finish. You guys can't report and write you guys' story until we take a shower, until we come out and sit on the podium. That's the only thing I apologize for. As far as shaking hands, it's something that is not done in the NBA. If it was something like tennis, after tennis, you play, you win, you lose, you go to the center and shake hands, it happens every game in tennis."

James is convinced the reason the story drew so much attention over the past few months was due to the fact he blew off the obligatory media session after the Game 6 loss in Orlando.

"In basketball, you look at 82 regular-season games, it's easy, guys are gonna shake hands, the fact that [I didn't] do the media [session], I think that's why [the story] was all blown up, and I apologize for that, but I will not apologize for shaking nobody's hand," he said. "You never accept losing, ever."

When the reporter reminded James that most players usually shake hands at the end of a playoff series, James bristled again. "No you don't, no you don't," he responded.

After a few more seconds of back and forth, James continued to try to explain his position. "Teamwork has nothing to do with shaking hands," James said. "I'm not a poor sport at all. You can ask anyone that knows me, I'm not a poor sport at all. Who brought up the rule that shaking hands, that's what you're supposed to do? No one shakes hands at the end of series all the time. No one does that. No one does that at all."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh boy, another episode in the never-ending LeBron saga.

laugh.gif

LeBron is just bitter because he knows he's clearly the best player in the League but he hasn't won yet.

He needs to sit-down with Shane Battier and Tim Duncan and get taught some proper basketball manners.
laugh.gif

If you do it, you keep your mouth shut, it's considered classy, accept your defeat, if you don't, and you yap your mouth, then this is what you get.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

if the guy gets down to 300, which reports are he will...he's getting dealt. eddy always has been able to score the ball, it'll intrigue someone enough. 2 years is not that much to endure.

who thought zbo was getting moved?

and who figure there was a team dumb enough like memphis to take zbo?

Because paying a guy 11 or 12 mil for only two years due to 30% of his contract being deferred and him being more productive than any other PF they could've brought in, along with them having a ton of assets and money to make a splash in the 2011 off-season.
wink.gif

i laugh at the fact that your such a homer that you force yourself to like the trade and try to make it a good deal. you can't turn crap into gold sowhatever way you try to spin getting zbo is stupid and deep down inside of that homer heart of yours you know it

and Allen come on now

its bron or wade or its a bust offseason in 2010 for the knicks

Amare and joe Johnson turning the knicks around? thats a low seed in the east and not doing much come playoff time

then add in the fact i would have no faith in D'Antoni winning with out a elite super star to cover up his mistakes

and as a knick fan, i think i could live with anything surronding bron. he can go pick up 4 guys at the nt hoop summits in ny and field a playoff team in the east.
allen does have a point with that, just look at his horrible cav teams he has put on his back

Originally Posted by CP1708

[h2]James defends not shaking hands[/h2]

Comment Email Print Share
By Nick Friedell
ESPNChicago.com
Archive

CHICAGO -- LeBron James remains unrepentant for refusing to shake hands with the Orlando Magic after they ousted his Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference finals.

The reigning NBA MVP made that abundantly clear on Tuesday afternoon, while he was in town promoting his upcoming movie, "More Than a Game."

When asked by a reporter if he regretted not shaking hands since it gave him his first "black eye" in the court of public opinion, James said: "I still haven't had a black eye, for one. Two, I don't regret anything that I do. The only thing I apologize for that night is not doing the media [session, after the game].

"The media, your ... job don't start until ours' finish. You guys can't report and write you guys' story until we take a shower, until we come out and sit on the podium. That's the only thing I apologize for. As far as shaking hands, it's something that is not done in the NBA. If it was something like tennis, after tennis, you play, you win, you lose, you go to the center and shake hands, it happens every game in tennis."

James is convinced the reason the story drew so much attention over the past few months was due to the fact he blew off the obligatory media session after the Game 6 loss in Orlando.

"In basketball, you look at 82 regular-season games, it's easy, guys are gonna shake hands, the fact that [I didn't] do the media [session], I think that's why [the story] was all blown up, and I apologize for that, but I will not apologize for shaking nobody's hand," he said. "You never accept losing, ever."

When the reporter reminded James that most players usually shake hands at the end of a playoff series, James bristled again. "No you don't, no you don't," he responded.

After a few more seconds of back and forth, James continued to try to explain his position. "Teamwork has nothing to do with shaking hands," James said. "I'm not a poor sport at all. You can ask anyone that knows me, I'm not a poor sport at all. Who brought up the rule that shaking hands, that's what you're supposed to do? No one shakes hands at the end of series all the time. No one does that. No one does that at all."

That's not a good look Mr James

Wade's leaving Miami because.....

[h2]Wade Buys $1.4M Townhouse In Chicagohttp://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61087/20090811/wade_buys_$14m_townhouse_in_chicago/[/h2]
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61087/20090811/wade_buys_$14m_townhouse_in_chicago/
Aug 11, 2009 3:52 PM EST

chi_40.gif
Dwyane Wade has sparked speculation that he could leave the Heat for the Bulls by buying a townhouse in Chicago.

If Wade doesn't sign an extension with Miami, he will become a free agent next summer.

Wade purchased a $1.4 million townhouse Kinzie Park recently, according to ChicagoMag.com's real estate blog.

Via Bulls.com

wouldn't be ideal, but there are worse things than amare and joe johnson..

speaking of, everyone on here loved him a year ago....

joe johnson

you already know half of NT lives in the moment

for years he was the most underrated player in the NBA around here

then he was a flate out NBA superstar after last years playoffs

He is a young Michael Finley at this point(which ant a bad thing on the right team)

Dear God...LeBron butchers English like Daniel Day Lewis butchers in Gangs of New York. Not to mention, he shouldn't be apologizing to the media in myopinion, but to the Magic.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

The last thing I'll mention about LeBron. Forget locations, LeBron can go party in NYC anytime he wants in the off-season or during breaks. The management in Cleveland has BUSTED THEIR BALLS to get LeBron players. They've done it ever since he got there. They've constantly upgraded and made good moves, and gotten better. If I'm LeBron, I look at what's been dealt to me, and say you know what, Ohio loves me, it may not be LA, it may not be Brooklyn, it may not be MSG, but it is what it is, and they have shown they're willing to do what it takes to make me happy.
Your management aint busting +*$% if you still gettin an early exit each damn year in the playoffs.
upgraded, helping players get away with highway robbery, yes.
if lebron goes to any state, and team, he'll have hundreds of people hop on his bandwagon like no tomorrow.
just think about it, the cavs locked up all this cash for the future, and once lebron leaves, that place is going back to the rock bottom with a bunch ofoverpaid role players.

Seeing as the salary cap is dropping next season, the Knicks won't have enough room in 2010 to sign another star caliber themselves. People are focusing onhim leaving Cleveland more than him signing with a weak %%@ Knicks team. What exactly is he gonna gain by joining them again?

CROSSISOM wrote:
Seeing as the salary cap is dropping next season, the Knicks won't have enough room in 2010 to sign another star caliber themselves. People are focusing on him leaving Cleveland more than him signing with a weak %%@ Knicks team. What exactly is he gonna gain by joining them again?

The Heat can resign Wad3 and have about $25-30 mil to sign someone like lebron and another top free agent. Not to mention, also have it's young coreintact. So, I think Miami has a better chance than the knicks. That being said, I think he stays

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

if the guy gets down to 300, which reports are he will...he's getting dealt. eddy always has been able to score the ball, it'll intrigue someone enough. 2 years is not that much to endure.

who thought zbo was getting moved?

and who figure there was a team dumb enough like memphis to take zbo?

Because paying a guy 11 or 12 mil for only two years due to 30% of his contract being deferred and him being more productive than any other PF they could've brought in, along with them having a ton of assets and money to make a splash in the 2011 off-season.
wink.gif

i laugh at the fact that your such a homer that you force yourself to like the trade and try to make it a good deal. you can't turn crap into gold so whatever way you try to spin getting zbo is stupid and deep down inside of that homer heart of yours you know it
Naw son. I've said many times that I'm not a fan of the Randolph trade. I know how to look at everything when it comes to making moves.Not, just look at it one way. But, like I've said many times don't OD on the fact that Randolph is no good at all and can't produce *#*+ when thePF's we had on the team last season definitely couldn't do anything.

So, to say its not an upgrade at all and that he will hurt the team that bad is a little reaching. It's not like we traded Gay for Randolph. Lee andMillsap weren't even long-term options for the team either and they said Boozer wouldn't come here. So, the best thing to do was to either not signanybody at all or get someone on a short-term deal which is what the team did.

Your management aint busting +*$% if you still gettin an early exit each damn year in the playoffs.

The Cavs aren't exiting the playoffs early. They actually get pretty far.

Back
Top Bottom