NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

http://www.nba.com/video/...oward_workout_final.nba/ D. Howard offseason workout regimen if anyone cares...and sorry I don't know how to post the link using Safari? Anyone else have problems with NT using Safari (ie. I can't use emoticons, copy and paste quotes, embed links, etc.)?

Yea man. All the pages are really messed up. Im gonna post in the official mac thread to figure out whats up.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Move over, NBA: Gay packs on the summer muscle[/h1]
By Matt Winkeljohn, for NBA.com
Posted Aug 13 2009 10:32AM

Like many of his peers, Rudy Gay wants his piece of the pie. But Gay doesn't want a mere standard slice. Dude wants a chunk.

So Gay is going big, or bigger, muscling up to 241 pounds this summer (he started last season about 222) so that he can start to wrestle with the NBA's big guys for his slice. Unless he wins a contract extension from the Grizzlies by Oct. 31, Gay will be a restricted free agent in the summer of 2010.

"It's a business, and although I love Memphis and it has been home for going on three years, whether I'm here or not [in the future], I'm going to go on being me," Gay said Wednesday by phone. "I just felt like I needed to fill out my body some more to bang a little bit more. And injury prevention.

"I'm stronger in the upper body. I'm not going to guard Shaq, and I don't want to be Dwight," he added. "LeBron and Melo and all the guys that I go against ... eventually, I want my name to be in that mix."

In order to elevate to one-name status in the NBA at small forward, getting bigger looks like a good idea as long as you keep your quicks along the way. LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony are 6-foot-8, like Gay, but they weigh 250 pounds and 230 respectively.

Gay, even at his light weight, was at times sublime in July's USA Basketball mini-camp in Las Vegas, leading all scorers with 27 points in the intra-squad scrimmage. He made 11 of his 12 shots. He hit three of four 3-pointers.

Yet coming off his third season as a pro, more consistency and versatility would be good things. His 18.9 points and 5.5 rebounds a game were slightly off his 2007-'08 statistics.

"He can be a multi-dimensional, chess piece-type player," said Memphis general manager Chris Wallace. "He can shoot the longball, facing the basket off the elbows at 15 feet or so, he can stop, elevate and get off his shot. He can be a straight-line driver, or post up ... compete in all those areas."

There is room for improvement, and the bigger-is-better motif did not just come to Gay in his sleep. Grizzlies officials are on board. Team strength and conditioning coach Jason Biles is the chief architect behind Gay's re-design when Gay's not in his hometown of Baltimore visiting family or conducting charity work, as he will this weekend.

"When you become a big-league, cleanup-hitting small forward or shooting guard, you get to the [free-throw] line," Wallace said. "You're getting points, getting defenders in foul trouble and opponents into the bonus.That is the final frontier in being a great scorer. Most players like that are athletic, can handle in traffic, and have strength."

Gay averaged 4.4 free-throw attempts a game last season, just 55th in the NBA and low for a go-to-scorer. James (9.4) and Anthony (7.1) were there much more.

Simply throwing around a bunch of iron in the weight room, though, won't get it done. Gay has done that, although he said he tends to focus more on high repetitions rather than sheer poundage, seeking tensile strength rather than the ability to push a Peterbilt (or Shaq).

"Pull-ups, for example. At first, I maxed out at 10. Now, I can do 20 straight," Gay said. "It's the first time ever really going hard in the weight room. I do have days where I push around a lot of weight to get stronger so I can get to the basket."

It's great to be stronger if your goal is to get to the hole more. But it won't matter, though, if the ball doesn't make the trip with you. So Gay's primary on-court emphasis this summer has been ballhandling: "Pounding the ball a little bit harder. It's been less cardio and more skill training, just trying to get my handle right."

The Grizzlies may see another upside in Gay's upsizing. Wallace said he could play some power forward when coach Lionel Hollins goes with a small lineup and swaps Zach Randolph and/or Darrell Arthur out of that spot.

"Coach and I have actually talked a little bit about me playing the 4, kind of like Orlando with Rashard Lewis," Gay said. "Although I'm a natural 3, I've moved all over. I played a little point [guard] with USA Basketball."

The Grizzlies might seem more likely to work out an extension for Gay if they opt not to sign any free agents (they've been rumored to be looking at guard Allen Iverson), though adding someone like Iverson does not preclude the team from extending Gay. "We're a possibility to sign any free agent out there who hasn't signed yet, so who knows who we might sign before training camp?" Wallace said. "I wouldn't rule out anything."

This much is certain: If the Grizzlies' acquisition of Randolph works as team officials hope, he'll draw opposing defenses inward enough to create more space for Memphis guards O.J. Mayo and Mike Conley. That could lead to a bigger slice of the pie for Gay in more than one way.

"We've met with his representatives, and we have ongoing [extension] talks," Wallace said. "Those processes take a life of their own. To my knowledge there have only been two extensions in his [2006] draft class, [Portland's] Brandon Roy and Andrea Bargnani of Toronto. I've heard glowing reports about what he accomplished [with Team USA].

"I think it was a major advantage for him to participate. As management or part of coaching, you can harp [to players] that you need to do this or that, but a lot of times it's more effective to see what their peers are doing, the amount of time they spend ... developing their body. There is a cause and effect here."

Good job for taking care of business this summer. I'm sure he will improve in his play this season too after doubting him this past season.

I'M MAD CAUSE I CAN BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No I am better now. It is just what it is. They screwed me out of an event last night as well and my ticket rep has been M.I.A. for like three days now.

I

[h1][/h1]
[h1]10 Biggest Off-Season NBA Roster Makeovers[/h1]
By gatorheels

Wed, 08/12/2009 - 1:10am

By Drue Sensing aka "GatorHeels"
*Winner of the forum writing contest

ORLANDO MAGIC

vcarter.jpg
Vince CarterThere have been mixed feelings in the public on whether the Magic actually got any better this offseason. Many people fear the loss of Hedo will no longer allow the Magic to cause matchup problems. No need to worry Magic fans. With a legit power forward in Brandon Bass, opposing teams will no longer be able to cause Orlando matchup problems. Plus Orlando can still play a style similar to last season by starting Pietrus at SG, Carter at SF, and Lewis at PF if they need too. Vince Carter is certainly an upgrade over Hedo. Don't believe me? Look at the stats closely. Ryan Anderson gives this team another big player who can stretch the floor, and a great fit with Howard. Brandon Bass is one of the more underrated players in the league. Orlando appears to have no weaknesses. Even their bench is above average. Also a healthy Jameer Nelson in the playoffs could mean trouble for the rest of the league come playoff time. I expect this team to be better than last season and a return to the finals is likely.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $8 million Key Players needing to be resigned after the season- Matt Barnes, Ryan Anderson

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Jameer Nelson/Anthony Johnson
SG- Vince Carter/Mickael Pietrus/J.J. Redick
SF- Rashard Lewis/Matt Barnes
PF- Brandon Bass/Ryan Anderson
C- Dwight Howard/Marcin Gortat

Key Losses- Hedo Turkoglu, Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston

SAN ANTONIO SPURS

We all know how dangerous a Spurs team with a healthy Duncan and Ginobili can be. This appears to be the case this season. The Spurs really didn't lose anybody of significance from last years' squad. The trade landing them Richard Jefferson was big. Jefferson finally gives the Spurs a legit scorer at the small forward position. The signing of McDyess gives San Antonio another smart player in the post. McDyess should work very well playing beside Tim Duncan in the paint. The Spurs also appear to have gotten one of the steals of the draft in snatching up Dejuan Blair in the second round. Their bench is well above average. Similar to Orlando, the Spurs appear to have no weak links. This team has clearly improved a lot from last season. They are now in a position where they can dethrone the Lakers.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $25 million
Key Players needing to be resigned after the season- Manu Ginobili, George Hill

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Tony Parker/George Hill
SG- Roger Mason/Manu Ginobili/Malik Hairston
SF- Richard Jefferson/Michael Finley/Marcus Williams
PF- Antonio McDyess/Matt Bonner/Dejuan Blair/Marcus Haislip
C- Tim Duncan/Theo Ratliff/Ian Mahinmi

Key Losses- Fabricio Oberton, Drew Gooden, Ime Udoka, Kurt Thomas, Bruce Bowen

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

minndraftpicks.jpg
TWolves Draft Picks Minnesota has a totally revamped roster. Many new faces appear in this seasons' lineup. The TWolves on paper clearly look like one of the worst teams in the league. It would be no surprise if they landed the #1 pick in the 2010 draft. This team has a ton of weak links and many holes to fill. They are stuck with having to start a rookie at point guard. They have no legit starter at SG and their small forward Gomes is slightly below average. Minnesota is solid in the post but they lack length and defense. The situation with Ricky Rubio is still yet to be resolved, and it appears that Minnesota fans will have to wait a year or two for his services. Drafting two point guards in the draft remains a major head scratcher, granted Rubio likely had the most long term value where they selected him. With money to spend in 2010, help is on the way for Love and Jefferson.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $35 million
Key Player needing to be resigned after the season- Kevin Love

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Johnny Flynn/Chucky Atkins
SG- Damien Wilkins/Wayne Ellington/Bobby Brown
SF- Ryan Gomes/Quentin Richardson/Corey Brewer
PF- Kevin Love/Darius Songaila/Oleksiy Pecherov/Brian Cardinal
C- Al Jefferson

Key Losses- Randy Foye, Mike Miller, Craig Smith, Sebastian Telfair, Rodney Carney

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

I imagine the Bucks will land a top 5 pick in the 2010 draft. This team is a longshot to make the playoffs. The return of Michael Redd provides them with the scoring punch they lacked last year. A healthy Bogut will boost their frontcourt significantly. Either Joe Alexander or Mbah a Moute will need to step up and become a solid starter at the small forward position. Milwaukee has some interesting decisions to make still before the season starts. Will Hakim Warrick start at PF or will they move him to SF to allow newly signed Amir Johnson to start at power forward? The Bucks also appear content to let Sessions sign elsewhere. You can't blame them because Jennings appears to be the real deal. Rumblings of a sign and trade with the Clippers involving Sessions have surfaced in the past couple days. Overall the Bucks just need to develop team chemistry and hope their young talent rises to the challenge.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $21 million
Key Players needing to be resigned after the season- Amir Johnson, Joe Alexander

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Luke Ridnour/Brandon Jennings
SG- Michael Redd/Charlie Bell/Jodie Meeks/Sonny Weems
SF- Mbah a Moute/Joe Alexander
PF- Hakim Warrick/Amir Johnson/Joe Alexander/Walter Sharpe
C- Andrew Bogut/Dan Gadzuric/Fracisco Elson

Key Losses- Richard Jefferson, Charlie Villanueva, Ramon Sessions

NEW JERSEY NETS

New Jersey obviously took a big step in the wrong direction this offseason, at least in the short term. Losing their star player in Vince Carter will result in more losses this season. New Jersey is focused on the future with nearly their whole team having expiring contracts. This team is banking on landing a big star in the 2010 free agent market. I expect this team to be one of the worst in the league and end up with a mid lottery selection in the 2010 draft. This season looks bad but the future looks bright. The Nets have found their starting point guard and center in Devin Harris and Brook Lopez. Filling in the rest of the holes shouldn't be too difficult. A stud power forward to compliment Lopez would do wonders for this team.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $40 million
Key Players needing to be resigned after the season- Brook Lopez, Courtney Lee

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Devin Harris/Keyon Dooling/Rafer Alston
SG- Courtney Lee/Jarvis Hayes/Chris Douglas-Roberts/Terrence Williams
SF- Bobby Simmons/Eduardo Najera/Trenton Hassell
PF- Yi Jianlian/Tony Battie/Sean Williams
C- Brook Lopez/Josh Boone

Key Losses- Vince Carter, Ryan Anderson

TORONTO RAPTORS

turkoglu.jpg
Hedo Turkoglu Toronto looks good this year. With an abundance of foreign players and best friends (Bosh & Jack) forming the bulk of the roster, I look for this team to have great chemistry. They are average or better at every position except shooting guard. Their success this season depends greatly on the development of Belinelli and DeRozan. One of those players must become a legit starter. Bargnani must take the next step this year and earn that big contract he recently received. The biggest offseason signing for the Raptors was picking up Hedo Turkoglu who will make fans forget all about the loss of Shawn Marion. Still, Toronto is a little too soft in the post and too inexperienced at the SG spot to make a serious playoff run. However, look for the Raptors to have a solid regular season and reach the playoffs as a 4 or 5 seed.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $25 million (including Chris Bosh)
Key Players needing to be resigned after the season- Chris Bosh, Marco Belinelli

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Jose Calderon/Jarrett Jack/Roko Ukic/Marcus Banks
SG- Marco Belinelli/DeMar Derozan/Quincy Douby
SF- Hedo Turkoglu/Antoine Wright
PF- Chris Bosh/Reggie Evans
C- Andrea Bargnani/Patrick O'Bryant

Key Losses- Shawn Marion, Jason Kapono, Anthony Parker, Joey Graham

BOSTON CELTICS
Boston is certainly a title contender with the impressive offseason they have had. The Celtics finally have quality depth in the post. That was something they didn't have last season. Resigning Big Baby Davis after his stellar playoff performances was critical. The addition of Rasheed Wallace gives them another veteran who knows what it takes to win it all. Marquis Daniels finally gives Boston a wing player that will allow Pierce to take more significant rest periods. Paul Pierce has been known to wear down some late in games due to the large number of minutes he has been forced to play. I'm sure the Truth welcomes the presence of Daniels. Boston surprised fans when they waived backup point guard Gabe Pruitt. I guess Doc Rivers feels that Lester Hudson and Eddie House can relieve Rondo when he needs a breather. With a starting lineup loaded with veterans and stars as well as an above average bench the Celtics are poised to possibly match their success they had in the 2007-2008 season.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $32 million Key Players needing to be resigned after the season- Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Rajon Rondo/Lester Hudson
SG- Ray Allen/Eddie House/Tony Allen/J.R. Giddens
SF- Paul Pierce/Marquis Daniels/Bill Walker
PF- Kevin Garnett/Glen Davis/Shelden Williams/Brian Scalabrine
C- Kendrick Perkins/Rasheed Wallace

Key Losses- Gabe Pruitt, Stephon Marbury, Mikki Moore, Leon Powe

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

Once again Cleveland has disappointed through their mediocre offseason acquisitions. Lets be honest here Jamario Moon is a quality backup for LeBron which the team lacked last year but is he really a difference maker? I highly doubt it. Also Anthony Parker is not an upgrade over Delonte West besides being a few inches taller. Shaq will help the Cavs but he isn't as agile as he used to be and the benefits he brings will be limited. Overpaying for Varejao just makes things sting worse. He got how much? Cleveland had better options on the free agent market including David Lee and Glen Davis. LeBron is still surrounded by average talent. Will he grow tired of this and leave Cleveland after the season? With the Magic and Celtics becoming much stronger over the offseason, Cleveland appears to be losing ground. Mediocre moves equal coming up just a little short in the playoffs which Cleveland is growing accustomed to.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $54 million
Key Player needing to be resigned after the season- LeBron James

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Mo Williams
SG- Anthony Parker/Delonte West/Daniel Gibson
SF- LeBron James/Jamario Moon/Danny Green
PF- Anderson Varejao/J.J. Hickson/Darnell Jackson/Jawad Williams
C- Shaquille O'neal/Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Key Losses- Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally Szczerbiak, Aleksander Pavlovic

DALLAS MAVERICKS

Dallas has made quality moves this offseason but it won't be enough to allow them to compete with the elite teams of the West. Even though the Mavs have lots of firepower and depth, they still have a glaring weakness in the frontcourt. As long as Dampier is starting at Center, this team isn't going to take the next step. He has been on the trading block for some time now but there aren't many teams that would even consider taking on his contract. The window is closing for this team at a fast pace with Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion starting to decline. Dallas will no doubt make the playoffs, but expect them to get bounced in the second round again.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $50 million (including Dirk Nowitzki)
Key Player needing to be resigned after the season- Dirk Nowitzki

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Jason Kidd/Rodrigue Beaubois/JJ Barea
SG- Josh Howard/Jason Terry/Quinton Ross/Matt Carroll/Greg Buckner
SF- Shawn Marion/Shawne Williams
PF- Dirk Nowitzki/Drew Gooden/Tim Thomas/Kris Humphries
C- Eric Dampier/Nathan Jawai

Key Losses- Brandon Bass, Antoine Wright, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George

DETROIT PISTONS

bengordoncharliev.jpg
Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva Detroit spent a lot of money to acquire Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. We will have to wait and see if these two signings pay off but my guess is that they won't this season. Gordon and Villanueva showed they can play well together in college when they both suited up for UConn. The Pistons appear to be stuck with a combo guard starting at point guard in Stuckey. This could be a rocky season as many players adjust to their new roles. Rip Hamilton will likely lose quite a bit of playing time. Will this make him unhappy like it did last year? No need to let problems boil. Hamilton clearly needs to be traded for a big man. The Pistons have major problems in the post. They need a Center asap. Even Tayshaun Prince is expendable now with the addition of three small forwards the Pistons drafted. Packaging Rip and Prince for a big man and an expiring contract would payoff big time. The good news is Austin Daye and Dajuan Summers both looked impressive in summer league. One of them will eventually step in and replace Prince. The bad news is if a trade doesn't occur soon then Detroit will get abused all season long in the frontcourt which likely means an early exit in the playoffs.

Expiring Contracts- Roughly $10 million Key Player needing to be resigned after the season- Rodney Stuckey

2009-2010 Roster
PG- Rodney Stuckey/Will Bynum
SG- Richard Hamilton/Ben Gordon
SF- Tayshaun Prince/Dajuan Summers/Austin Daye
PF- Charlie Villanueva/Chris Wilcox/Jason Maxiell
C- Kwame Brown/Ben Wallace

Key Losses- Rasheed Wallace, Allen Iverson, Antonio McDyess, Amir Johnson, Arron Afflalo

2009-2010 Roster
I just have a feeling that team will give up a good amount of points this season compared to previous years. Who's going to score in the postfor this team because Charlie V is basically a guard.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

2009-2010 Roster
I just have a feeling that team will give up a good amount of points this season compared to previous years. Who's going to score in the post for this team because Charlie V is basically a guard.
Who was scoring for them in the post the past few seasons?
laugh.gif

^ Yeah because we have NO MONEY.

The Welcome mats are going to be Home Nets Jerseys since we can't use the blue jerseys because they say "NEW JERSEY" on them.

I was calm. don't get me started again YBD.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

Once again Cleveland has disappointed through their mediocre offseason acquisitions. Lets be honest here Jamario Moon is a quality backup for LeBron which the team lacked last year but is he really a difference maker? I highly doubt it. Also Anthony Parker is not an upgrade over Delonte West besides being a few inches taller. Shaq will help the Cavs but he isn't as agile as he used to be and the benefits he brings will be limited. Overpaying for Varejao just makes things sting worse. He got how much? Cleveland had better options on the free agent market including David Lee and Glen Davis. LeBron is still surrounded by average talent. Will he grow tired of this and leave Cleveland after the season? With the Magic and Celtics becoming much stronger over the offseason, Cleveland appears to be losing ground. Mediocre moves equal coming up just a little short in the playoffs which Cleveland is growing accustomed to.

Ya don't say........

^^^While that guy isn't totally off, there's no source of credibility. I mean, there is some truth to what he's saying, but that 'article'may as well have copy and pasted from another forum.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Miami Heat set to resume talks with Jamaal Tinsley[/h1]

775-79110629.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

Jamaal Tinsley of the Indiana Pacers smiles during a game against the New York Knicks on Dec. 17, 2007 at Madison Square Garden.
DAVID DOW / GETTY IMAGES

clear.gif

[h2]Related Content[/h2] [h3]BY MICHAEL WALLACE[/h3] [h3][email protected][/h3]
The representative for free agent point guard Jamaal Tinsley said he is scheduled to resume negotiations with Miami Heat president Pat Riley next week about a deal that might soon land his client in Miami.

Raymond Brothers said Thursday he spoke by phone with Riley earlier this week, when Riley was in Hawaii, and the two agreed to resume talks after the weekend.

Riley was in Hawaii as late as Wednesday, but was back at his offseason home in Southern California on Thursday. He was not available for comment.

``I talked to Pat when he was out there. There's still interest on both sides,'' Brothers said. ``We'll see what happens. But we'll talk again.''

Talks between Riley and Tinsley's camp broke off briefly last month when the sides canceled a meeting after Lamar Odom, Miami's top free agency target, spurned the Heat's five-year, $34 million offer and re-signed with the Los Angeles Lakers.

At that time, the Heat hoped to land Odom and potentially support that frontcourt signing with another upgrade to the backcourt.

But Riley, forced to regroup after the Odom pursuit ended, said recently the Heat might not add any players this offseason and instead refocus on a roster overhaul in 2010.

The Heat is expected to have more salary cap space than any team next summer, when it hopes to re-sign Dwyane Wade to a maximum contract and also add a top free agent from a class that could include LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and Joe Johnson.

But even with the Odom window closed, Riley apparently is keeping his options open regarding minor, short-term upgrades to the roster.

The Heat has 13 players under contract but no veteran depth at point guard, where Mario Chalmers started every game as a rookie last season.

During an Aug. 4 conference call with reporters, Riley said he had no plans to sign anyone to start ahead of Chalmers. But in addition to Tinsley, league sources said the Heat also had been in contact recently with free agent guard Allen Iverson. Riley addressed the slight possibility of signing either Iverson or Tinsley during the call earlier this month.

Of signing Tinsley, Riley said it ``is something we're thinking about. I like Jamaal.''

Another option might be Flip Murray, a free agent who repeatedly hurt the Heat in last season's first-round playoff series loss to Atlanta.

The Heat, which is about $2 million above the league's $69.9 punitive luxury tax, had been willing to discuss only one-year deals up to the $2 million veteran's exception.

Tinsley, 31, looks to revive his career after he sat out last season under orders by the Indiana Pacers to stay away from team in the aftermath of repeated off-court incidents, including a gun-related matter.

The players' union filed a grievance against the Pacers on Tinsley's behalf, and he was ultimately bought out of the final two seasons of his contract last month.

Tinsley averaged 10.4 points and 7.1 assists in seven seasons with Indiana, where he played alongside current Heat center Jermaine O'Neal. Their relationship in Indiana was described at times as tumultuous.

Brothers said the Heat is among ``three or four'' teams that are interested in signing Tinsley, who worked out last month for New York. Brothers would not say Thursday if there were plans to have Tinsley work out for the Heat.

Miami opens training camp Sept. 28 and plays its season opener Oct. 28 at home against the Knicks. If the Heat signs Tinsley, he would not have to wait long to face his former team. The Heat's first road game is Oct. 30 at Indiana.

``Jamaal is in excellent shape,'' Brothers said of Tinsley, whose conditioning reportedly had been a concern in Indiana. ``He's ready to go. Pat knows what he can do.''

[h3]BY MICHAEL WALLACE[/h3][h3][email protected][/h3]

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^^^While that guy isn't totally off, there's no source of credibility. I mean, there is some truth to what he's saying, but that 'article' may as well have copy and pasted from another forum.
I agree with you completely. Which is why I laugh when OC wastes all our time by posting things from a Cleveland "insider" likeit's gospel or some @#$%. ZERO credibility there too.

Yeah Ches, you need a new sig, the other 8 aren't really workin for you.
laugh.gif

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

No, no, no. The cavs front office has been working their %%++$ off!

Lee Still Hurting
By FRED KERBER

Courtney Lee is still hurting over his trade to the Nets, according to Dwight Howard.

Lee, who started for the Magic in the Finals, was the main piece the Nets received in the Vince Carter trade. But Lee is not quite doing handstands over themove.

"He's hurting," Howard, who spoke with Lee his ex-teammate on Wednesday, said today at a movie shoot at the IZOD Center. "He's not justupset, he's hurting."

Now he knows how Nets fans feel.

Howard claimed that Lee was happy and content as a rookie in Orlando. Why not? He went to the Finals. The two, who became good friends, spoke just after theFinals about what they needed to do to get back and win a title. Then Lee got a draft night call.

"He was ready to get back in the gym and work on it and he got traded so he's hurting," said Howard.

Bobby Simmons, for one, thinks Lee will get over the shock and hurt. All he needs is to meet his new mates. Simmons said he is "not at all" worriedabout Lee adapting.

"Once he gets here, his mindset will change," Simmons said. "Once he gets here and meets the guys on the team, he'll be fine."

And once he gets settled in, Howard predicts the Nets will see they got themselves a heckuva player.

"Courtney is a hard worker," Howard said. " I think if he continues to work hard, he can be an all-star."

laugh.gif
@ Birdman Andersen. My man is gonna have the mean pubic beard.

If Nate were to leave, I wouldn't miss him much. That KryptoNate act got stale.

YahooSportsNBA
Sources: Quentin Richardson traded to Miami for Mark Blount Here's link to storyhttp://tinyurl.com/qmkbyj3 minutesago from web

[h1]Richardson dealt again; this time to Miami[/h1]
adrian_wojnarowski.jpg

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 14 minutes ago

For the fourth time this summer, Quentin Richardson(notes) has been traded. This time, his new team, the Miami Heat, plan to keep him.

The Minnesota Timberwolves traded Richardson to the Heat for forward Mark Blount(notes), two league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday night.

This time, Richardson has found a home for his expiring $9.35 million contract. Heat president Pat Riley wants him to bring scoring punch off the bench, and the team plans to give him significant minutes this season.

Richardson started the summer with the New York Knicks before getting moved to Memphis, the Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota and now Miami.

Richardson, 29, averaged 10 points for New York.

By AdrianWojnarowski

Good swap for the Heat IMO...

Blount is a major EH.

At least Quentin can shoot.

Happy about that Heat23?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Good swap for the Heat IMO...

Blount is a major EH.

At least Quentin can shoot.

Happy about that Heat23?

I love it ........and forBlount
roll.gif