NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

the knicks should offer him the midlevel and let him ball out for a year.

especially if that's all that he's looking for, an one year deal to show that he hasn't lost it.

Wait... Memphis isn't a NBA wasteland?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So, RealGM is reporting that Sessions is close to signing an offer sheet with the Timberwolves.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Flynn
Sesssions
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Where do I sign up? I'd say that's pretty damn close to being on par with OKC, Sessions is damn good. Given time, that's a studly team.
Not even....

And I'm certain any sane coach wouldn't start Flynn or Sessions in the backcourt together when neither of them can shoot and are undersized. Flynn would likely come off the bench.
Sessions ~ Westbrook right now IMO.
Love ~ Green
Jefferson ~ Durant
Brewer and Flynn ~ Harden

they're not as good, but stacking them up against eachother based on potential, it's not terribly far fetched.
indifferent.gif

Durant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jefferson.
Westbrook >>> Sessions.
Green >>> Love.

Iverson has stated many times he won't accept not starting. That's why he's in the situation he's currently in.

He wouldn't take coming off the bench on a playoff team; why would he on a team not even contending for a playoff spot?

i come back from a weekend off NT and i see its the same crap in here. SMFH dude just wont learn

you cant even compare players who play different positions...
no one is saying A.I. deserves a bench role, its just no team is willingly to give him that starter position.
and no thanks on him on knicks. no freaking thanks, as much as i love him. dude is only going to stunt the growth of chandler/gallo.
winning team by 2012-2013? i dont want to say reach because we cant tell what happens in the future, but i would say you're pretty damn optimistic
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

you cant even compare players who play different positions...
no one is saying A.I. deserves a bench role, its just no team is willingly to give him that starter position.
and no thanks on him on knicks. no freaking thanks, as much as i love him. dude is only going to stunt the growth of chandler/gallo.
winning team by 2012-2013? i dont want to say reach because we cant tell what happens in the future, but i would say you're pretty damn optimistic
laugh.gif
how would he do that? who's our go-to-guy on offense right now? al harrington? i rather not.

the goal for the knicks should be to make the playoffs. utah has our pick, might as well not give them a top pick

whose growth has AI stunted in his career?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i come back from a weekend off NT and i see its the same crap in here. SMFH dude just wont learn

What the hell you talking about? What do i need to learn? Its what you need to learn instead of reading the average %!$****! off espn insider.
laugh.gif

And since he's still not willing to accept a bench role is probably why they still haven't reached an agreement after their meeting. The team has saidnumerous times that they want to role with a Conley/OJ backcourt. Hollins wants Conley to be the starting PG. They've already said they don't want tobring in a guy that's going to take his spot. Maybe that's the reason why they didn't go after Sessions or any other PG that could contend. Ifthat's the case, why would they bring in Iverson to take his spot? That just doesn't make sense.

If he outplays Conley for the PG position by running the position like it suppose to be ran, then he will get it. But, if he's not doing the things that aPG should do which probably won't happen, they will probably get a guarentee from him that he comes off the bench. They could put it in his contract as aclause or something. So, its all on AI. Memphis doesn't have to get him, but if he doesn't want to do what Heisley says, he's probably not going toget signed by anybody.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

What the hell you talking about? What do i need to learn? Its what you need to learn instead of reading the average %!$****! off espn insider.
laugh.gif

ya because that is all i do?
grin.gif

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
Wait... Memphis isn't a NBA wasteland?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It doesn't take an ESPN Insider to tell anybody that Memphis is a garbage franchise with Heisley at the reigns...

That franchise sucks. Period.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
It doesn't take an ESPN Insider to tell anybody that Memphis is a garbage franchise with Heisley at the reigns...

That franchise sucks. Period.

Of course the owner sucks. I don't think any fan of the team would disagree with you on that. We will see how bad the team sucks this upcoming season.Then, we will see how good the OKC franchise will look.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

If I wasn't a follower of Memphis, I would say they are a wasteland too
laugh.gif

That's how most people view the team since they don't know nothing about them. I've come to find that out on here quickly.
laugh.gif

B-More? They have a team?
Exactly.
laugh.gif

scgneg.jpg

I'm sorry...are you under the assumption I'm from Baltimore or something?

So, if Iverson accepts a bench role in Memphis then what would that say? I think most people would agree that the reason he's not on any other team has todeal with him not accepting a bench role. For all we know, it could be several reasons on why he could be coming to Memphis. I think Memphis still has the mostmoney to offer him or at least be willing to offer him (i'll put it that way). I really don't know his situation honestly. If he does accept a benchrole, it will even confuse things more on why he's playing this season.

This is the most realistic view of the Iverson fiasco:

- 1st pick: Allen Iverson (Philadelphia) - Everyone has made the same comment about Iverson potentially joining the Memphis Grizzlies. Everyone in the land has made some comment to the effect of "there's only one ball," "who's going to pass," "how could you pair him up with Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay," "how is it going to work long term" etc. And the answer to that is simple; it's not going to work long term. But it's not supposed to, either. Randolph has only two years left on his contract, and Iverson will be signing a one year deal. They're only supposed to be short term improvements, for a team trying to improve whilst unable/unwilling to take on long term commitments. It would be bloody lovely if they could have gotten Paul Millsap and Nate Robinson instead, but that was never realistic. When you're at the bottom with no money to spend, you have to live off the draft, minimum salary steals and retreads. That's how it has to be, and that's what Iverson represents. As retreads go, though, may I point out that Iverson wa averaging 28 points and 8 assists per game just 18 short months ago. Yes, it's worth the risk. Jason Hart might be more willing to pass the ball, but he also has about an 85th of the talent.

What wouldve made sgning nate so much better when teams didn't want him either just like they didn't want iverson or zbo? Then it wouldve made mattersworse because he wouldve more than likely got a lon term deal of at least 4 yrs. I don't keep up with ny like that, but is there something going aroundabout him being a bad teammate as well?

Don't you kind of consider our away jerseys now, royal?
nerd.gif

I mean they aren't the...

sneakerfiles-nba-draft-best-draft-picks-jason-kidd-10.jpg

But they are royal.

I'm interested either way though.

Back
Top Bottom