NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

laugh.gif
It's all in good fun. Hope he gets his #@$* together
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Lol...I want to post this %*#$ so bad but I ain't trying to have ya'll clown my dude any more than ya'll already do. SMH.

Mike's my dude, regardless he going to put work in this year. Dude is 20 years old, its good he is getting this +$%$ out of his system now opposed tolater.

Memphis will still be horrible next year. I don't see how anyone could argue they won't.

Yeah they might be improved ... from a 24-win team to a 27-win club. Whoopee. Oh, and they get to do so by stunting the growth of their young core by addingRandolph and AI (possibly).

Not to sound like a homer but ..........You guys do know the reason he's in rehab right? It was due to violations of the NBA'ssubstance abuse policies.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]September 08, 2009[/h2]
[h3]Riley: Trust remains in Beasley's Heat future
[/h3]
[h3]> Posted by Ira Winderman on September 8, 2009 02:27 PM[/h3]

Miami Heat President Pat Riley said Tuesday that he still has major hopes for forward Michael Beasley, even as the 2008 lottery pick remains in a Houston rehab facility due to violations of the NBA's substance abuse policies.

Although limited by league rules regarding discussing specifics about Beasley's stay, Riley said he has been in constant contact with All-Rookie forward and that the Heat coaching staff has been working with Beasley since his arrival last month in Houston.
"The last thing I'm going to do now is judge him harshly on what has happened," Riley said. "I think we're going to get a great year out of Mike. We're in contact with him every single day."

Riley said the goal remains for Beasley "to play a prominent role, a bigger role than he played last year."
Beasley mostly was utilized as a backup power forward in 2008-09.

"I trust the fact that this guy," Riley said, "is going to produce big numbers for you."
Asked if he considered that feasible in the wake of Beasley's ongoing rehab stay, one that is not scheduled to end until just before the Sept. 28 eve of training camp, Riley said, "I think we will find out."

Riley, though, said the slip-up that moved Beasley to an inpatient program and re-set the 30-day clock on his treatment, can't be written off to youthful foibles.
"I'm not going to forgive anybody's transgressions because they're 20 years old," Riley said.

As for rumors that Beasley's lack of maturity has created concerns from Heat guard Dwyane Wade, Riley said such speculation is an insult to his team leader.
"I think the last thing any player in this league wants to do is judge somebody else," Riley said.

Riley said he continues to view Beasley as a combo forward, but added that the recent loss of workout time with teammates could limit Beasley's ability to slide to small forward.

by Ira Winderman

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

its a pic of him in rehab?
laugh.gif
one flew over the ****oos nest, one of the best movies ever made. probably Jack Nicholson best role.

They really should trade away Brand if they can.

I'd trade Dampier and whoever else it takes for him.

Not that Dampier is better for that team, but at least it gives them cap relief.

Not that I don't think Brand can still be good, that's why I'd welcome him, but with the direction of that team (Jrue, AI2, etc), I don't knowif Brand is the best piece to fit into that puzzle.

You guys do know the reason he's in rehab right? It was due to violations of the NBA's substance abuse policies.
didnt someone already say he was in there for depression?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

You guys do know the reason he's in rehab right? It was due to violations of the NBA's substance abuse policies.
didnt someone already say he was in there for depression?

That was me and a few others when I also said suicide was nothing to laugh about. Like 5 days later, it came out that he was in there for violating thesubstance abuse program he was placed in.

I think Beasley is going to bounce back nicely. He's young enough and I think he'll get support around the league from superstars namely D Wade.

I don't know why but Beasley always seems to be some troubled kid to me. Not like 'oh, I do drugs and stuff' troubled...but more like 'I usedto burn kittens and fantasize about shooting up playgrounds and if I wasn't so damn tall I could wear a trenchcoat' troubled.

Back
Top Bottom