NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

dude your team is not making the playoffs

i have no idea why you are trying to hype your self up into thinking they will let go of the flase hope

That's not even success for me. If the team can have a 10+ game improvement, I'll be happy. I easily see them winning 10 or more games than they didlast season. Its obvious that they want more though, and they can achieve with the talent they have.

once again, grizzlies suck.

thunder>>>>>>>>>>>grizllies
Ok.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

That's not even success for me. If the team can have a 10+ game improvement, I'll be happy. I easily see them winning 10 or more games than they did last season. Its obvious that they want more though, and they can achieve with the talent they have.
Yeah, nothing says "We want to win and we're serious about doing it" like adding Zach Randolph and Allen Iverson...

eyes.gif

But if the rest of Memphis fans buy into this BS as much as you do, they've accomplished their goal...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

That's not even success for me. If the team can have a 10+ game improvement, I'll be happy. I easily see them winning 10 or more games than they did last season. Its obvious that they want more though, and they can achieve with the talent they have.
Yeah, nothing says "We want to win and we're serious about doing it" like adding Zach Randolph and Allen Iverson...

eyes.gif

But if the rest of Memphis fans buy into this BS as much as you do, they've accomplished their goal...

I'm talking about the players wanting more...

Everyone adds "15 pounds of muscle" during the offseason
laugh.gif

We'll see how many of them can keep it on during the regular season though

Its about playin ball everybody knows randolph and AI can play ball along with Mayo,Gay and the rest of the bunch, I think they will improve and im not reallya fan of memphis.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

When you first see Bosh in the next few weeks you my notice a little difference. Expect a bigger, stronger version, CB has added 15 pounds. Not only did he add upper body strength, CB also worked his lower body. Bosh employed a personal trainer all summer. After watching the Olympic Gold Medal game from Beijing, CB felt that he needed to add some size and strength. Everyone I've talked to with the team raves about Bosh's preperation entering this season, not only physically but also mentally. CB has worked on expanding his game, watched video and hit the gym. All great signs. Here's a four-time All-Star and one of only two players last season to average 20-plus points and 10-plus rebounds, putting in the extra work to get to the next level! You gotta love it.

Chris really wants to get paid this summer.
pimp.gif

I don't even pay attention to stuff like this. Who doesn't work hard during the offseason?

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

When you first see Bosh in the next few weeks you my notice a little difference. Expect a bigger, stronger version, CB has added 15 pounds. Not only did he add upper body strength, CB also worked his lower body. Bosh employed a personal trainer all summer. After watching the Olympic Gold Medal game from Beijing, CB felt that he needed to add some size and strength. Everyone I've talked to with the team raves about Bosh's preperation entering this season, not only physically but also mentally. CB has worked on expanding his game, watched video and hit the gym. All great signs. Here's a four-time All-Star and one of only two players last season to average 20-plus points and 10-plus rebounds, putting in the extra work to get to the next level! You gotta love it.
Chris really wants to get paid this summer.
pimp.gif
I don't even pay attention to stuff like this. Who doesn't work hard during the offseason?

shaq-face-299x300.jpg

^
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Naw Nas, you must not have seen that report from OC like 15 seconds after Shaq signed with the Cavs, OC says Shaq is in the best shape of his life.
nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mavs re-sign Singleton.
Mavs waive Buckner.
Tim Thomas goes down in a pick-up game.

And hallelujah for that.

Not sure how I feel about Pavlovic being brought in...

Kahn is certainly putting his own stamp on our franchise though.

Players that weren't with our team in the 2008-2009 season that are currently on our roster/or we own the rights to at this moment...

Jonny Flynn
Ricky Rubio
Ramon Sessions
Wayne Ellington
Sasha Pavlovic
Antonio Daniels
Ryan Hollins
Damien Wilkins
Mark Blount
Chucky Atkins
Olesky Pecherov
Henk Norel

Mark Cuban: Honestly, I think the Magic cost themselves a boat load of money. If they would have come out and said they would match any offer for Gortat, likemany teams including the Mavs often do, we wouldnt have bid. So Im not sure what their original strategy was. (see the knicks for examples of this)

Same with Bass. We offered to discuss a sign and trade for Gortat and others, but they didnt even want to discuss it.

The Magic are obviously good at what they do. their success speaks for itself, but i dont think either team outsmarted the other.

Question was whether if the Mavs would've tried to offer more for Gortat.

He also said that Gortat was their first and main FA target.

AP source: Desmond Mason close to deal with Kings

By JOSH DUBOW (AP) - 5 hours ago

Free-agent swingman Desmond Mason met with the Sacramento Kings this week and could sign as soon as Thursday.

Mason took a physical after meeting with Kings officials in Sacramento on Wednesday, a person with knowledge of the meeting told The Associated Press. Thepreson spoke on condition of anonymity because a deal had not been signed.

Mason played only 39 games last season for Oklahoma City, missing the second half of the season with a hyperextended right knee. He started 18 games, averaging7.5 points and 4.0 rebounds a game for the season.

Mason was one of the Thunder's most popular players after playing in college at Oklahoma State and later returning to Oklahoma City when the New OrleansHornets spent most of two seasons in the city after Hurricane Katrina. He joined the Thunder last season.

Mason burst onto the scene as a rookie by winning the 2001 slam dunk contest while with the Seattle SuperSonics. He's also had two stints with theMilwaukee Bucks. For his nine-year career, Mason has averaged 12.2 points and 4.5 rebounds.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved

Too bad he's not 10 years younger...

Another T-Mac rehab piece... Long but good read.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4479907&name=friedell

"If McGrady's recent workouts are any indication, it would be easy to assume that his game will have all of its dimensions back this season.

"I think he's gonna be a player like he used to be in his younger days, because his body is balanced now," Reavy says confidently. "He'susing all his muscles properly and everything's absorbing a force and creating a force versus just the knee."

Once he gets over any lingering doubts in his mind, Reavy is convinced that McGrady could return to an All-Star level as soon as this year."

Speaking of Tmac...

T-Mac Could Return Before Start Of Season
More Rockets News
Brooks Ready For Increased Responsibility
Rockets Add Depth In Conroy, Temple
Mutombo Insists He Isn't Coming Back
Houston's Morey Is Still Working The Phones
Houston Rockets Archive
RSS Feed | Twitter

Rockets Links
Houston Home Page
Houston Roster
Houston Message Board
Find Rockets Tickets
Feedback or Suggestions

Sep 17, 2009 5:22 PM EST
Tracy McGrady has been working with Tim Grover and physical therapist David Reavy for weeks trying to get himself back into playing shape.

Reavy is so convinced of the progress that he suggested recently that the Rockets superstar could be ready to go by October 1 and back in the lineup when theseason starts, a recovery plan that would have him healthy weeks in advance of the average patient. Reavy and company have been working on a plan to evenMcGrady's body out again.

"His whole body was imbalanced from basically his shoulder blades down to his feet," Reavy says. "He was developing a lot of back problems ...He was developing strength in an imbalanced fashion. And what I see in Tracy, in general, he had no core strength, he couldn't hold a plank."

So Reavy and Grover devised a rehab plan that would help bring it all back -- the work is already paying dividends.

"[Tracy] took a hard fall seven years ago in 2002 and he said he was never able to dunk off his left leg [since]. We got him dunking off his left leg fourand a half months post micro-fracture, which is basically unheard of," Reavy says. "The results that we get here are basically unprecedented becausewe take the force off the injured area, we make the body absorb the force equally, so that it can heal properly and faster without the loading that it'sconstantly getting before.

Back
Top Bottom