NBA Pre-Draft Measurements and Combine Results

did Bill Walker go through the drills?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Jordan Farmar got 40 inches on his vertical test a couple years back...
And does anyone believe he's an elite athlete while he's on the floor?

Not really..that's my point.

I don't care about #'s...I see what I see.

Stated, but the kid gets up...granted you don't see it often but watch enough Laker games and he'll throw down a nasty here and there
eek.gif

I know what you're saying though, an "elite" athlete is on a whole different level.

Originally Posted by 1and12

Wow Beasley being 6'8/6'9 he's really going to be a more athletic Derrick Coleman in my mind,

KLove with a 35 in. Vertical ?

Kinda surprising but you never know with these combines man, Jordan Farmar got 40 inches on his vertical test a couple years back...
its a step vert not standing.

Same thing with OJ...

Great numbers here, but I don't see elite athletes on the court.
I definitely see elite athletes... and I have seen Jordan Farmar throw it down over dudes during games btw.

Hendrix could be a great pickup for somebody.. he's a guy that quietly averaged great numbers night in, night out in the SEC. Not sure he has the offenseyet, but he could get there. Good info here though.

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Originally Posted by 1and12

Wow Beasley being 6'8/6'9 he's really going to be a more athletic Derrick Coleman in my mind,

KLove with a 35 in. Vertical ?

Kinda surprising but you never know with these combines man, Jordan Farmar got 40 inches on his vertical test a couple years back...
its a step vert not standing.

Thanks for the clear up,

anyway Al3xis Bayless and Rose are the most explosive guards? No love for Russell Westbrook?

Dude is got YouTube on lock man
laugh.gif

I definitely see elite athletes...
I mean it's all opinion, like I said I might classify that elite group and 2nd tier differently in amount of players.

They certainly are above average but transitioning to the NBA...I don't see them on the LeBron, Rudy Gay, Young Kobe, young TMac, etc level.

Ben Gordon had extremely similar #'s to Eric Gordon and not far off in height...I consider Ben a damn good athlete, but he's not gona use that as hisstrength to succeed in the NBA. Same here.

Body control is a factor with it too, Rose and Bayless are better in that department.
No love for Russell Westbrook?
He's up there, I just don't think he's as good a player.

But They're all athletic, some just jump out to me more than others, which is the case here.

Love surprised me, he must workin out big time. I like his game a lot to begin with, if his body holds up, he really will be solid.

...I don't see them on the LeBron, Rudy Gay, Young Kobe, young TMac, etc level.

All the players you named are 6'6 and up....these are combo guards.

They will never look as "elite" as these guys because of there heights. A 6'6 dude will make a FT line dunk look easy. Sticking with youron-court convo they just won't look the same. I think D-Wade is an "elite" athlete and I that's the type of athleticism these kids have. Youcan't come thru the lane on yoke on dudes when you're 6'2 and 6'3 in the NBA.

I'll list some dudes that got crazy verts, are strong, and quick as hell but they don't have all the "elite" tag

Ben Gordon
Marbury in Jersey
Kevin Johnson with the Suns
Baron Davis
Steve Franchise

All those listed are crazy athletic but not on that "all-world" team because their to short. Think about it this way everytime one of these catsdrive and have to do shifty lay-up imagine if they were 6'7......yes Bang! height just makes it look easier.

Does max vert= 1 step or full running start?
Because if it's only 1 step, Rose can prob go higher since he jumps better off 1 foot.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that 35 no step was the highest recorded. Last year, I could do 31 in standing. These guys need to get in the weight room.While they're running verts are very good, a lot of that is genetics. If they got stronger, they would do better in the standing vert.

All that said, I don't think that anyone would debate the fact that when they're on the floor, Rose is the most athletic.

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Max Vert = You get 15 feet from the stick....basically 3 good strides with a jump.

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Because if it's only 1 step, Rose can prob go higher since he jumps better off 1 foot.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that 35 no step was the highest recorded. Last year, I could do 31 in standing. These guys need to get in the weight room. While they're running verts are very good, a lot of that is genetics. If they got stronger, they would do better in the standing vert.

All that said, I don't think that anyone would debate the fact that when they're on the floor, Rose is the most athletic.

I think that Gordon has good body control its just he was playing 15 lbs too heavy

To me a Young Steph, Baron and Francis comin out were all more athletic than Gordon or Mayo.

I think Rose is the most athletic PG I've ever seen, so it's no the height issue so much.

But it does apply with those two...because they will be 2 guards...and because they aren't 6'6...yeah, their athleticism isn't gona be what theycan go to, to overpower people.

Gordon's best asset will be his jumper.

Thats where I disagree. Todays NBA game is much more focused on getting to the hole and not avoiding people but delivering punishment. Lebron uses his framelike this and Gordon is a power athlete like Lebron. Steph Baron and Francis were more natural athletes. On an athletic basis only I think Gordon is similar toWade. Now Gordon doesnt attack the hole like Wade but his ability to handle contact as a pro will be key. Mayo has a more complete game than any of the Comboguards hes being compared to. As long as his athletic ability and size dont hinder him he will be the best of the combo guards in this draft. (not includingRose)

Yeah, I would agree...I just worry if he falls in love with the 3 ball.

In the Big 10, he shoulda been takin everyone off the dribble.

1210984424.jpg
Okey so I just had to check out how a guy with 3,6% bodyfat looked like and Icame across the sickest shoulders I've ever seen. did he pump oil in them or what?

OJ Mayo
pimp.gif

Kevin Love
pimp.gif
(he'll be athletic enough to play in the league; all I was hoping for)
Derrick Rose
pimp.gif
(remember: Chris Paul is only 6')
Eric Gordon
pimp.gif
(now let's hope that wrist is healed and he'll be able to stroke)

That said.. these numbers are all pretty stupid.. I think as long as there aren't major red flags with any of the numbers, they shouldn't matter toomuch.. If I'm a talent evaluator, all I wanna know from these numbers is whether they're good enough to allow the player to play their kinda game atthe next level.. This isn't track & field man.. Just because you can jump high during a combine, doesn't mean you'll do that during the gamewith an important rebound on the line..

laugh.gif
@ Me being taller than OJ Mayo. I thought they always said he was 6'5? HS and college measurements are always a joke though.

Originally Posted by stima33

How do some of these dudes only get like 2 reps of 185? Have they never seen a weight room before?

it doesn't matter..speed/quickness can make up for strength especially in the nba..

I bet Tony Parker couldn't even do more than 5 reps of 185 - now. but he can still get inside and finish.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Kevin Love
pimp.gif
(he'll be athletic enough to play in the league; all I was hoping for)

he did mention a week ago that people were going to be surprised at his results...

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

whoever takes ewing jr. will be a very smart team.

I agree, I'm a fan mainly cause Ewing Sr. is my favorite player, but I also love PE Jr.'s game. I wish the Knicks had a 2nd round pick.

Back
Top Bottom