nba rookies sneaker deals?

I know it might be a little too soon, but did any of the rooks sign nike, reebok, adidas, etc deals yet?  I see some of the players wearing nike ex AD23, MGK, Robinson, but that dont mean they will sign with the swoosh. Just wondering what was going on if anything.

nike2bmkg.jpg

This is the only official signing I've heard about so far

I think Unibrow will stay in Nike/Jordan

Austin w/ U.A makes no sense to me.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

UA prob throwing massive money / offering a sig shoe......

thats the only reason people sign with UA
laugh.gif

Nahh UA has a very good basketball line going right now. Performance wise and looks wise they're as good as it gets outside of Nike. Plus Austin Rivers wore UA all throughout high school.

He and his high school squad were decked out in UA when he was there.  Go back and look at his high school clips, it makes perfect sense.  Sneaker companies get involved early.

Yeah the UA connection goes back to high school with Rivers. From my observation most young players stick with the company that sponsored their college.

UA is very up-and-coming with their basketball stuff. Their bball shoes are real nice- I've had a pair of Black Ices and Micro G Blurs, and both were great.

While Nike definitely has a huge edge now, if Under Armour continues to grow their product lines well, they could be a close second to Nike within a few years. It also depends on how they can market their athletes (and attract better ones as well).

^ Blake Griffen is supposedly heading there. That's just the type of guy that can take them to another level.

Originally Posted by acidicality

UA is very up-and-coming with their basketball stuff. Their bball shoes are real nice- I've had a pair of Black Ices and Micro G Blurs, and both were great.

While Nike definitely has a huge edge now, if Under Armour continues to grow their product lines well, they could be a close second to Nike within a few years. It also depends on how they can market their athletes (and attract better ones as well).
i had no idea, I'll have to look into grabbing a pair for hoopin

Originally Posted by solarius49

i had no idea, I'll have to look into grabbing a pair for hoopin
UA double nickel and the micro g bloodlines so damn comfy man..
the 3m laser on my black bloodlines look so dope

Originally Posted by prison mike

^ Blake Griffen is supposedly heading there. That's just the type of guy that can take them to another level.

Why? I thought he was Nike? Probably mad they didn't make a sig for him yet.

Originally Posted by JND1

He and his high school squad were decked out in UA when he was there.  Go back and look at his high school clips, it makes perfect sense.  Sneaker companies get involved early.
didn't know that. yeah it seems like UA always go after at least one big name from the draft.

Close second in what? Performance? Sales?

Originally Posted by MMG

UA prob throwing massive money / offering a sig shoe......

thats the only reason people sign with UA
laugh.gif

went that Brandon Jennings route...

even if the moneyey was super right... id have a clause written in so I could still rock Nike/JB on ocassion

Originally Posted by AKALONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by prison mike

Why? I thought he was Nike? Probably mad they didn't make a sig for him yet.

Not just that, Nike is extremely cheap with these players. Most players that are signed with Nike don't get a penny. They get an "elite" account for online use and they get monthly allowances at NTs. They basically pay them with product.

Nike was recruiting Unibrow hard. Not sure if he signed or not but Nike wants him.

Griffin and Rondo are sneaker free agents this summer according to SC.

Wasn't Blake's Nike deal like $400k?? I remember hearing he got robbed then John Wall signed that $25m deal yall can keep the swoosh, money talks.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom