NCAA help.....NCAA is a Joke

cez

Long story short my girl tore her ACL last year during the first week of un-official practice and had a medical redshirt granted. 2 weeks after school is over her coach decides not to renew her scholarship(via email
30t6p3b.gif
) for the upcoming academic year. He didn't even say anything to her during her exit meeting....his reasons
-She didn't work hard enough during her rehab (was released and cleared to practice 3 weeks ahead of schedule)

-Missed 2 days of class and study hall( both were right after her surgery while she was still on meds)

-Failed to turn in a grade sheet during those 2 days she missed
She appealed the decision and lost of course. The coach told her that he would allow her back if she sat out a year to "mature"....really!? 
She is trying to transfer to another school but since she transfered from a D-1 to D-2 (in order to play with her sister) and since she has already transfered she still has to sit out a another year even though she sat out a year with her medical redshirt....

Any advice? Right now its looking like NAIA but I'm hoping there is some kind of rule that will allow her to transfer without sitting out another year so she can graduate on time and not lose credits 

Any help will be much appreciated!! 

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Kold Game
I've known this and I told her not to trust college coaches but she's naive 
grin.gif
...NCAA is about making money. They could care less about student-athletes  

thats crazy.

what sport if you don't mind me asking?

if she is at a school known for that sport, then chances are she will fall by the wayside. you have to be a blue chipper in order keep your spot.

you have 6 years from the time she enters school. thats with a medical redshirt and a regular redshirt on top of the four years of actually competing.

i'd say talk to her academic advisor and see what, if anything, she can swing.

going from a D-1 to NAIA is a huge adjustment. some programs don't even offer full rides...

but when it comes to athletics at that level, there is very little you can do. they don't look at you as a student-athlete, only as an expenditure.

Your girl probably didn't end up being as good as they thought she would. Gotta free up scholarships.

major injury 1st week of PRACTICE tho bro? yeaaa I probs would've pulled that scholarship back as well. in the best interest of the school, u gotta let her go.  i know you're biased because its ya lady, but from my pov, i hear, 'injury 1st week, loafed around in rehab, missed two classes, didn't tell coach'....yea run that 'free ride' back.

hope you guys get it all sorted out.

For those asking she plays basketball. As I said she went D-2 so she could play on the same team as her sister. They are from Europe and both are the only family they have here in the states.

As for her not being good enough I highly doubt that was the case for losing her scholarship especially if a coach is telling to sit out another year and ...she already has offers to play D-1 again but doesn't want to sit out another year thats why I said its looking like NAIA. She also has offers to play pro in Italy, Spain, and Russia but it is very important for her family that she gets her degree her in the states so that she can have something to fall back on after basketball....

Its not so much the basketball aspect of this situation, its academic. Some of her credits won't transfer and she's going to have to re-take some classes which will put her behind schedule to graduate on time....

Anyways any help or advice so that she doesn't have to sit out another year?

Originally Posted by cez

For those asking she plays basketball. As I said she went D-2 so she could play on the same team as her sister. They are from Europe and both are the only family they have here in the states.

As for her not being good enough I highly doubt that was the case for losing her scholarship especially if a coach is telling to sit out another year and ...she already has offers to play D-1 again but doesn't want to sit out another year thats why I said its looking like NAIA. She also has offers to play pro in Italy, Spain, and Russia but it is very important for her family that she gets her degree her in the states so that she can have something to fall back on after basketball....

Its not so much the basketball aspect of this situation, its academic. Some of her credits won't transfer and she's going to have to re-take some classes which will put her behind schedule to graduate on time....

Anyways any help or advice so that she doesn't have to sit out another year?

she can ball like that?/ Tell her to come play some NTers. lulz ensue

If her family thinks a degree is important, than why would she want to go to a NAIA school?

if she can ball like that, no way a coach would try an lose that. pro teams scouting her yet a d-2 coach is stalling her for a year, to mature? doesnt add up. and this would be her 2nd year of inactivity correct? how do they base how good she actually is if they have not seen it on the court? I'm assuming last season was her 1st college season? of which she didnt play? so then when was she being scouted? hs?

your girl should definitely find a way to get that education, injuries change everything.

Back
Top Bottom