NCAA Will Allow Trans Athletes: Lia Thomas Becomes 1st NCAA Transgender Champion

Because if it’s not an issue then........... it’s not an issue. This is being looked at the same way the “large caravans of bad hombres” is crossing the boarder. No mystery why those same people are claiming this is a huge issue

So as a man you get to decide this isnt an issue in womens competitive sports? :lol:

Thats like white people telling black folk there’s no issue with police brutality in the black community.

So as a man you get to decide this isnt an issue in womens competitive sports? :lol:

Thats like white people telling black folk there’s no issue with police brutality in the black community.
Well let’s not play the “what I think” game. Show me the number of cases. Let’s let the numbers answer the question.

and no, that’s NOT the same was your analogy. Not even close.

So technically Midddle of Knowhere University can recruit all trans women for their team and potentially look like the Globetrotters againts UConn?
I know this was said as a joke but this is the argument being presented. Technically... yes, they could do this. Now show us where this is happening.

Well let’s not play the “what I think” game. Show me the number of cases. Let’s let the numbers answer the question.

and no, that’s NOT the same was your analogy. Not even close.

The numbers arguement makes zero sense.

It’s about principles.

The numbers arguement makes zero sense.

It’s about principles.
Nope, this is a numbers argument. YOU want it to be about principals to fit your narrative

If too many _________ participate then __________ won’t be able to play. Show that _________ > _________. This is simple math.

Again, show me the overwhelming amount of trans participants not allowing women to play

If it was a legitimate question and you not going back and forth with people because you're bored or playing devils advocate or whatever you're trying to do.
Ehhh wrong. Again, show the statistics. Quit just throwing out “what if” scenarios. Just because YOU have a problem with it doesn’t mean it IS a problem. Think about that. Good thing about numbers is that your emotions don’t matter

legit question I haven't even untangled in my own mind: why are there so many fewer high profile F-M trans athletes than M-F?

you would think more females-at-birth who feel more comfortable in traditionally male spaces would take interest in active sporting.

sorry if that's a jerk question, I accept that this might be my ignorance talking.

as for how this whole thing is going to shake out, the NCAA itself is on pretty thin ice...this is probably the least of their athlete worries.

ps- it makes sense for colleges to endorse this since they are (marketed as) nondiscriminatory institutions and pro sports leagues make their own eligibility rules so this kinda doesn't seem like a policy issue.

Honestly expect this to be a non issue in the grand scheme of things.

agreed.

...unless a dude built like lebron or shaq switch sides.

open gendered basketball league is a very interesting concept. i got a few concerns tho..

i think some sports should never have been gender specific tho. Baseball, soccer, golf (especially golf), and tennis, are def sports that should be open all around, period.

I deadass think serena can wash mad male players...osaka too. baseball being male only never made any sense to me.

agreed.

...unless a dude built like lebron or shaq switch sides.

open gendered basketball league is a very interesting concept. i got a few concerns tho..

i think some sports should never have been gender specific tho. Baseball, soccer, golf (especially golf), and tennis, are def sports that should be open all around, period.

I deadass think serena can wash mad male players...osaka too. baseball being male only never made any sense to me.

that's the thing tho, there's no rule saying women can't play professional baseball...a woman or two has played in the minors.

pro baseball is just really hard, ask Jordan.

it's happened already where the trans woman has won in a competition.
how many times does it need to happen for it to be an issue?
if it happens once, where there was an advantage to the trans woman, then isn't that enough?

how many times does cheating have to take place before it is an issue?
not loaded questions at all either. i'm really wondering when does it become an issue?

It’s an issue to the girls and women who affected by it. We have a tendency to forget that behind every issue, there are real live people.

I hate that the hateful Republicans are the ones that have gravitated to this in order to score points with their cult members. But please don’t think that there aren’t plenty of women and liberals who think it isn’t fair for transwomen/girls to athletically compete with biological women/girls.

Recognizing and acknowledging biology doesn’t mean I hate anyone or that I don’t think they deserve to live a full and safe life.

Last edited:
agreed.

Yea, when I mentioned, "Open Gendered" I was basing that off the idea that Separating competitive athletics by GENDER is an outdated concept.

I say have 2 divisions.
A and B.
Divisions are separated by skill-level (and not gender).

If a woman is good enough to compete in one of the divisions, cool.

This makes me ask the question, would a "B Division" outdraw what we typically see from the current "Women's Division" in most of these sports? (Thinking basketball specifically)

So you want to go back to a time before Title IX in 1972.? Because Division B will be made up of mid-tier guys who couldn't cut it in Division B.

As a woman, I know and understand that the vast majority of us aren't as athletic (strength, speed, jumping ability) as men. That's just a biological fact. However, for me it doesn't diminish watching women compete against each other. People happily watch HS and college sports and enjoy them for what they are. This summer, people from around the world will tune and watch 12 year old kids play baseball. (Occasionally, there's even a girl!)

Why do women's sports have to constantly be judged against men's?

Just thinking aloud so my thoughts may sound disjointed

(Again, thinking NCAA basketball / futbol since they are the two sports that seem to be heavily played by men and women)

So with the current "model" we have essentially created a Second Division (Women's) that doesn't include the best of the REST that weren't good enough to make the First Division. (Men's)

Say if you took a Major College Campus and looked at the Top 100 basketball/futbol players.

Say the Top 15 players on said Campus were MEN.
Say the players on the WOmen's Team ranged from 42-100in terms of skill level on said campus.

Shouldn't the 16-41 best players on that campus (males) have a shot of playing NCAA basketball over the "middle of the pack" players?

Why are those lower ranked players given preferential treatment?

Again, these are just random thoughts in my head. (I don't believe women's sports DON'T matter; Just using this hypothetical framed around THIS convo)

So you want to go back to a time before Title IX in 1972.? Because Division B will be made up of mid-tier guys who couldn't cut it in Division B.

As a woman, I know and understand that the vast majority of us aren't as athletic (strength, speed, jumping ability) as men. That's just a biological fact. However, for me it doesn't diminish watching women compete against each other. People happily watch HS and college sports and enjoy them for what they are. This summer, people from around the world will tune and watch 12 year old kids play baseball. (Occasionally, there's even a girl!)

Why do women's sports have to constantly be judged against men's?

I don't WANT that, no.

I am simply saying the inclusion of Trans-Athletes can indirectly disrupt the Women's Sports Ecosystem and can essentially send the message of, "Women's Sports Don't Matter." (Which some women have expressed)

EYE don't believe that but the reality is this WILL be the future of competitive sports.
EYE don't believe that but the reality is this WILL be the future of competitive sports.

Last edited:
I mean are any of y’all against inclusion willing to stand up and say they’re not females? Please do. If you want to claim they’re doing it just to play a sport that’s a big statement.

Last edited:
What are we talking about here? Like 0.6 of the US population?

With so much injustice an suffering going on in this Country - I just found out that the overwhelming majority of Black Lives Matter donations have gone straight to transsexuals.

Why?

Last edited:
Do I believe that many of them feel more comfortable presenting to the world as female? Yes. Do I believe that that belief means they are automatically entitled to hard fought protections and accommodations for women? No. I don't believe in girl penises, I don't believe in genital preferences and I certainly don't believe that homosexuality is transphobic.

Transwomen are transwomen.

I don't understand how this "freedom" has lead to more stringent stereotypical roles.

I mean are any of y’all against inclusion willing to stand up and say they’re not females? Please do. If you want to claim they’re doing it just to play a sport that’s a big statement.

complicated question.

no, I don't believe any rational human being would commit to gender reassignment for competitive athletic purposes. that's dumb.

...then again, I didn't think anyone would simulate armed robbery with real weapons for Instalikes so who tf knows with humans.

this really seems like a non-issue given that there's no real athletic difference between boys and girls until sometime in the teens.

sure, let the grade schoolers compete.

after that the varsity list generally tell us who's good enough in HS, scholarships show it in college, and pros buy the best players.

guarantee a woman's getting drafted if she comes out of college with 35HR and a .430 average, whether she's born that way or not.

probably not enough money in, say, the WNBA for some D3 to make it a career choice tho.

I will say that a Fallon Fox may invite us to consider whether there's a line.

Back
Top Bottom