Need help buying a car Vol. 3,000 to spend...

So yea I'm looking to buy my first car. Reliability, gas, maintenance, and make are important. Yes i know my options are limited, but here is some background info that might help....

1. Got $3,000 to spend tops
2. I'm a college student (might do some work study)
3. Not a big fan of American cars

A 2002 Honda accord with 67k miles only for $3,500? 
grin.gif

get a honda toyota because its going to be out of warranty and cheaper to fix than say that infiniti you posted

buy a local auto trader, and highlight what you like in your price range, and go test em all out

Where are you located?

I'm in Long Beach, CA, and I'm about to sell my 1999 Nissan Altima.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

how many miles is "too much" for a late 90s civic/maxima
civics easily push over 200k with minimal maintenance
but regardless, bring a mechanic with you to check out before you buy

I'm in the New England area and getting ready to sell my 99 Caddy Seville STS...Don't want to but no need for a car right now, so the cash will be nice...PM me if interested

i'm sure you know but just don't have a high expectation with your budget. i would look for something like 2500 and have 500 for maintenace to bring the car back to as close as to its original factory state as possible. i wouldn't look at civics because most of them are beaten to death and probably had like 10 owners by now.

i would probably look into an altima (98-01) because nissans tend to be cheaper than honda/toyota yet still decently reliable. even an older accord will work fine, and definitely camry too. just search up and down craigslist, ask someone who knows about buying/selling cars thru cl if you aren't sure. don't rush, take your time and you'll find one.

I'd most likely go for an older civic. Maybe a volkswagon polo or an old golf, great cars.

Back
Top Bottom