Need Help...Infiniti G35x or Lexus IS 250 AWD?

yarrh

Banned
So I'm planning my father to buy me a whip around the start of summer and I want to get NT's take on my options. I'm a college freshman and will be19 by then. I've narrowed the choice between the current g35x and the current is 250 awd. I haven't test driven either one yet so I can't commenton the way they drive. Here's how they compare as far as I'm concerned...

g > is in power/speed
g > is in cabin/cargo room

is > g in fuel economy
is > g in looks/comfort

is = g in price and features

g35x
870pkkl.jpg
7ycdbva.jpg

is250awd (redesign slated for 2009?)
6l15p4h.jpg
6yx0nx0.jpg

I've always looked forward to having the g but what triggered my dilemma is high damage costs and the fact that ben baller's friend NIE's infiniticombusted so easily. Also, I'm not concerned for resale value nor will I consider anything beside these two candidates. Comments would be appreciated, esp.from owners.

When I'm a parent no matter how I'm ballin, Millionaire or Billionaire my kids will not get any G35 or Lexus from me. They will get a used Toyota orHonda and they will love it.

hence, your sig.

But realtalk, I have seriously considered no whip and still might. But an offer like this won't come around again from pops when I'm done with collegeand it's tempting as hell.

G35 no questions asked........ Lexus has too much options on the IS that will rape your pockets. IE navigation, Bi-xenons, premium package, etc.

Most imporantly, 306 HP V6 >>>> 204 HP V6

Originally Posted by jumpman247

When I'm a parent no matter how I'm ballin, Millionaire or Billionaire my kids will not get any G35 or Lexus from me. They will get a used Toyota or Honda and they will love it.
Word, I got a Carolla for my first car.
Cop the Infiniti

Lexus imo.

edit: damn there is a lot of lucky kids on NT, smh im never a hater though. wont be hard baggin chicks at school eh

yarrh wrote:
I've always looked forward to having the g but what triggered my dilemma is high damage costs and the fact that ben baller's friend NIE's infiniti combusted so easily. Also, I'm not concerned for resale value nor will I consider anything beside these two candidates. Comments would be appreciated, esp. from owners.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that really triggered your dilemma, based on ben baller's friend's infiniti combusting so easily? smh it wasn't recalled and it'snot even a common problem. it was an ACCIDENT. hit any car at a perfect point at the gas tank and itll combust- pinto, infiniti, or ferrari.

test drive it, after all it's gonna be your car and there's fanboys to vouch for either car.

i would get the lexus justt because g35s are soo played out, seems like everyone has one. the new IS is a very good looking car. have you thought about lookingat an a4 2.0 turbo for around that same price. they come fully loaded with alot of great options for about the same as a g35/lexus is. plus they can be madejust as fast as the g35 with a simple chip

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

i would get the lexus justt because g35s are soo played out, seems like everyone has one. the new IS is a very good looking car. have you thought about looking at an a4 2.0 turbo for around that same price. they come fully loaded with alot of great options for about the same as a g35/lexus is. plus they can be made just as fast as the g35 with a simple chip
around my way the new g35 sedans are real popular so are the IS. its like nice affordable professional cars. if anything Acura TL is getting playedout.

damn spoiled@#%! kids these days

I saved $5000 when I was 19 yrs old, sold my hockey card collection and put that money down on a 2002 Acura RSX

but go Lexus, I assume you have no student loans? b/c if you were smart you'd buy a $7000 car ask your dad to apply the rest to school

So I'm planning my father to buy me a whip around the start of summer and I want to get NT's take on my options.

I understand that people are spoiled...but, did this due really say he is "planning" on his father buying him a car?

roll.gif

51NZ0nlWjqL.jpg

The IS won't be re-designed for 2009, it usually get a new design every 5 years so it'll probably happen for 2011 year model.

As for the choice, the simple choice is the G35x but for someone whose 19 and not much driving experience and not spending your own money, I suggest you getthe IS.

The problem is I expected my dad to get me a new car too...only for him to give me his old explorer...but its okay now I have an FX
pimp.gif
so dont get tooconfident, is all I'm trying to say.

I test drove both and all things considered, went with the G35x. It's done really well in the snow too, I love it. To me, the only disadvantage is gasmileage.

im always down for infiniti. i know they did minor changes but it still looks outdated. The IS has less power but i think its better overall

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

im always down for infiniti. i know they did minor changes but it still looks outdated. The IS has less power but i think its better overall
its not always about power.

is awd>g35x

Back
Top Bottom