Never drinking soda again....

....now that I realized how many calories are actually in them.  Ok so I've always known soda is not healthy or any of that crap but once you start looking into calories it's just crazy how you can just stop drinking soda and instantly start losing weight...Been 2 months and I have dropped 13lbs (From 178 to 165) of bad weight.  I only really drank soda when I ate a meal 2-3x times a day and the rest of the day was water for the most part.

ohwell.gif
i don't think it works like that for everyone.  i drink like one mexican coke a day.  doubt i'd go from 145 to 130. 
laugh.gif

good job though bro, don't stop at soda.  eat healthier and exercise a little to go with it.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

ohwell.gif
i don't think it works like that for everyone.  i drink like one mexican coke a day.  doubt i'd go from 145 to 130. 
laugh.gif

good job though bro, don't stop at soda.  eat healthier and exercise a little to go with it.

Word up.

I've had 5 sodas over the past two years. Feels good man but I still fiend for a coke every once and awhile

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

just started back up
ohwell.gif

This
People always tell me that when they have a soda after not drinking it for a while it taste terrible

its the opposite for me tho 

I want to stop eating candy, cereal and everything that has high fructose corn syrup. I know I can but my will power is weak.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Word up.

I agree with the bold statement..

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

them dr peppers be callin' meeeee

we need a no soda thread instead of no fap months

dog... you had these?
dublin-dr-pepper.jpg

i'm the type of dude who just believes in moderation.  i drink maybe 90 ounces of water a day and sweat like crazy in 110 degree heat so a soda wont make me fat.  same with diner.  i'll eat black beans and rice and a piece of catfish.  it's all gravy because i'm active.  just don't OVER eat.  eat natural and organic stuff and you're fine.  at least it works for me.

Originally Posted by SnowboardingPanda

I stick to diet because I enjoy the taste. I've read that it still promotes weight gain though.
yeah, if it tastes sweet it still causes your insulin to spike.  when your insulin spikes, you eat.  so it's like an indirect weight gain.  i'd rather drink the full throttle real deal cane sugar natual soda than the diet stuff all day.  at least my body knows what to make of it.

If you drink nothing but soda and cut it out completely, you'll notice a loss in your fat within a week or two. No joke. Found that out way back in HS.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

just started back up
ohwell.gif
real...only soda i ever fiend for is Strawberry Fanta and Ralphs had them on sale for 99 cents...usually i cop a Gatorade for around that price so i copped 3 and drank it over a few days and my face broke out like crazy...i've been drinking water constantly and now i'm clear again...ain't doin that again 
laugh.gif

nah, natural sugar is better than high fructose.

correct me if i'm wrong somebody but real sugar is glucose and glucose is easier for you to digest then fructose.  it's been a while but i think i'm on the right track here.
laugh.gif

really though excessive amounts of anything will make you fat. soda is all bad for you but the real sugar is def the lesser of two evils.

Nothing will stop me from drinking orange soda.

Can't imagine not having a chilled one at least once every other day.

I'm not completely cut off, I have one when I go out to eat with a lot of friends if I'm not wanting beer... but I've cut down heavily over the last few months.. and don't plan on having it regularly like I used to. Water is mainly my go to now.. no calories to worry about!

As a soda addict/abuser, its hard to quit. I can get by for a month soda free but when times get hard I drown my sorrows in Pepsi or restaurant fountain Coke (cant drink it from a bottle/can). I did somehow grow a distaste for Dr Pepper which was my drink of choice most my life. Now I cant stand it (or MR Pibb).

Back
Top Bottom