NEW BCS RANKINGS and USA TODAY/AP/Harris CFB Polls: 11/9/08

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I usually don't post in these threads,
Because 90% is non sense
But teams 7 - 12 aren't better than okie state

The cowboys have lost 2 games on the road to the #1 and #2 (at the time they played)

Carry on
laugh.gif
, I agree, but it is fun. Plus it is easier to keep up with than the College Football thread. !@$! is too long man.

I think Oklahoma has a good chance of beating TTU. A great chance. TTU is legit, personally, I gave them a lot of flak since Mike Leach was not capable of winning a big game. Until they beat Texas, and followed it up by destroying Oklahoma State. Now it is time to take care of business outside of Lubbock. Oklahoma's D is garbage, straight doo doo. I don't think TTU's defense is that great either, so look for a Madden (On Rookie) type score.
OU's defense was very highly rated from the preseason all the way up to the Texas debacle. I don't know if it was all just media hype orif their boys really are that good and just haven't shown up yet this year. Maybe their second big game of the year will be enough to motivate them?

And TTU's D is vastly underrated. Say what you will but they shut down OK St. and held Texas reasonably in check for three quarters...

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Originally Posted by BMW 7 series

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Can Oklahoma just go ahead and lose another game so we don't have to see them lose in a BCS game for the 3rd straight year?

alot of OU hate huh..
laugh.gif
No hate, just the facts. Here's the results in the last four BCS Bowl games Oklahoma played in.

[table][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]Fiesta[/td] [td]West Virginia 48, Oklahoma 28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]Fiesta[/td] [td]Boise State 43, Oklahoma 42 OT[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]Orange[/td] [td]USC 55, Oklahoma 19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]Sugar[/td] [td]LSU 21, Oklahoma 14[/td] [/tr][/table]
And can you give me one good reason why you should jump Texas if you beat TTU? Texas beat you, you don't deserve to jump them.

YOU?

It's just amazing how people continue to bash OU..
laugh.gif
(not referring to you, by the way)

I'm not dumb, i know we lost those games.

But people saying

"I don't want OU to get there they suck" and other things..Is ignorance/hate.

A little off-topic but,

Can you guys root for the college you go to?

Some of you guys are at useless colleges rooting for USC, Alabama etc.

It's amazing how ignorant some of you guys can get when yall are at crappy a$* colleges.

I'm not referring to you or anyone specific, just saying.
Not trying to get into a tussle, but I thought you were still in HS?
laugh.gif
seriously.

who here goes to a crappy !*% college? personally i go to a school that's academically considered a public ivy and a top 10 public school. but even ifsomeone goes to a "crappy college" there's a lot of different reasons for it, some people can't afford to go to a bigger-name school andothers take the juco route instead, well the point is, you can't judge someone's intelligence based on what college they go to.

Originally Posted by BMW 7 series

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Can Oklahoma just go ahead and lose another game so we don't have to see them lose in a BCS game for the 3rd straight year?

alot of OU hate huh..
laugh.gif
No hate, just the facts. Here's the results in the last four BCS Bowl games Oklahoma played in.

[table][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]Fiesta[/td] [td]West Virginia 48, Oklahoma 28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]Fiesta[/td] [td]Boise State 43, Oklahoma 42 OT[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]Orange[/td] [td]USC 55, Oklahoma 19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]Sugar[/td] [td]LSU 21, Oklahoma 14[/td] [/tr][/table]
And can you give me one good reason why you should jump Texas if you beat TTU? Texas beat you, you don't deserve to jump them.

YOU?

It's just amazing how people continue to bash OU..
laugh.gif
(not referring to you, by the way)

I'm not dumb, i know we lost those games.

But people saying

"I don't want OU to get there they suck" and other things..Is ignorance/hate.

A little off-topic but,

Can you guys root for the college you go to?

Some of you guys are at useless colleges rooting for USC, Alabama etc.

It's amazing how ignorant some of you guys can get when yall are at crappy a$* colleges.

I'm not referring to you or anyone specific, just saying.
Not trying to get into a tussle, but I thought you were still in HS?
And he lives in Texas. Double FAIL.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I usually don't post in these threads,
Because 90% is non sense
But teams 7 - 12 aren't better than okie state

The cowboys have lost 2 games on the road to the #1 and #2 (at the time they played)

Carry on
laugh.gif
, I agree, but it is fun. Plus it is easier to keep up with than the College Football thread. !@$! is too long man.

I think Oklahoma has a good chance of beating TTU. A great chance. TTU is legit, personally, I gave them a lot of flak since Mike Leach was not capable of winning a big game. Until they beat Texas, and followed it up by destroying Oklahoma State. Now it is time to take care of business outside of Lubbock. Oklahoma's D is garbage, straight doo doo. I don't think TTU's defense is that great either, so look for a Madden (On Rookie) type score.
OU's defense was very highly rated from the preseason all the way up to the Texas debacle. I don't know if it was all just media hype or if their boys really are that good and just haven't shown up yet this year. Maybe their second big game of the year will be enough to motivate them?

And TTU's D is vastly underrated. Say what you will but they shut down OK St. and held Texas reasonably in check for three quarters...

It's not that they are overrated. Their pretty good, it's just that OU's offense scores in less than a minute 90 percent of the time, every timethey get the ball. So their D is on the field 85 % of the game. It'll be a completely different Defense and Game considering both teams are hurry up typeof offenses. Biggest game of the year IMO, and not just because I am an OU fan (and TT fan really) but because both teams have arguably the top 2 offenses inthe country, and very underrated defenses.

If Texas would have committed to the run earlier and stopped all that 5 wide BS, Texas would have won comfortably.

We did a whole lot of %$!+@$ up to even still be in that game on the real. Our defense isn't that great, and our defense for the most part definitelyplayed well enough to win the game. Yea we gave up a whole bunch of yards and got diced up for the game winner, but anybody who keeps track of the Big XIIknows Tech is going to put points on the board and make drives regardless of how trash they are every year. Texas got a very fair amount of stops consideringthe D was on the field for like 3/4ths of the game. Some crucial 3rd down stops and force outs.

If OU can establish the run they should not have a problem of taking care of Tech. OU's defense will probably put up a similar effort to Texas, but theyshould offensively be able to do better. and Tech's schedule is sort of favorable though since they get a BI week to prepare for OU. They will come outfired up, but I dont see them beating OU. Who knows though this is college football where literally anything can happen and Tech is riding one hell of a wave. And that line is one of the better lines I've ever seen them have

Back
Top Bottom