NEW BCS RANKINGS and USA TODAY/AP/Harris CFB Polls: 11/9/08

Originally Posted by BMW 7 series

Rankings are complete !%+*#!%%, someone give me a good reason why Florida and Oklahoma jumped Texas
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
Their wins are more flashy. They win by blowouts. That's all that the coaches look at. Texas should be #3.

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Damn i need OU to beat TT...

*waits for people to reply saying that OU is overrated, OU shouldn't be in Top 10*

laugh.gif
they very legit IMO

i'm calling it now.

florida vs texas in the championship game.
it was always going to be the sec champ vs the big xii champ.

the big xii will be decided by the final bcs poll leading up to the game. this is where the pollsters generally reevaluate the entire season. whomever has ouranked ahead of texas will adjust for the head to head. texas' strength is in the computers and that will keep them above both ou and tech in the 3-way11-1 tie.

mccoy will win the heisman.

or we could go to the cotton bowl. hahahhaha

Originally Posted by oxygen800r

i'm calling it now.

the big xii will be decided by the final bcs poll leading up to the game. this is where the pollsters generally reevaluate the entire season. whomever has ou ranked ahead of texas will adjust for the head to head. texas' strength is in the computers and that will keep them above both ou and tech in the 3-way 11-1 tie.

See this is what I actually think will be the death so to speak of Texas and preventing them from getting to the title game. Right now they're3rd in the computer rankings with UF and OU at 5 (Utah is 4th, go figure) and that gives them a full tenth of a point difference in the ratings (.920 to .820),but they don't have any tough games left and UF and OU do. If both UF win out (ranked games vs. South Carolina, FSU, and No. 1 Bama) and OU (OK St andTexas Tech) I fully think the computers will jump them to the #1 and #2 ranked schedules respectively. In that case OU would jump Texas in the polls and go tothe Big XII title game, esp. now that they are ahead of Texas in one of the human polls. So ultimately Texas may become a casualty of playing all of their topgames TOO EARLY which is very unfortunate.

Mamba this is what i hope happens too. OU would be really lucky to jump UT.

OU just has to take care of business against TT and OSU these last 2 games...

Florida WILL be in the title game as long as they win out! They've got 3 ranked opponents left which will get them to the #1 or #2 depending on Tech/OUoutcome...UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!

i think OU would jump also if they beat TT and OSU but im pretty sure texas would jump them right back if they won the big 12 title game

I don't think it'll be so much as luck as it having to do with the computers not taking into account head-to-head matchups that will ultimately give OUthe edge.

And Texas can't jump OU if they don't get to the Big XII title game, which is what very well may happen if OU beats Tech, they could jump Texas in theBCS rankings which would give them the tiebreaker if Tech, Texas, and OU end up in a 3-way title game. The highest ranked team in the BCS standings will winthe Big XII South and face Mizzou in the Big XII title game.

Florida will beat BAMA in the SEC Championship then play Texas Tech for the BCS Championship. I think TT can beat OU cause their defense is swiss cheese +their offense is just as good if not better than OU's.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I don't think it'll be so much as luck as it having to do with the computers not taking into account head-to-head matchups that will ultimately give OU the edge.

And Texas can't jump OU if they don't get to the Big XII title game, which is what very well may happen if OU beats Tech, they could jump Texas in the BCS rankings which would give them the tiebreaker if Tech, Texas, and OU end up in a 3-way title game. The highest ranked team in the BCS standings will win the Big XII South and face Mizzou in the Big XII title game.

o i thought they went off head to head in conference not BCS rankings

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I don't think it'll be so much as luck as it having to do with the computers not taking into account head-to-head matchups that will ultimately give OU the edge.

And Texas can't jump OU if they don't get to the Big XII title game, which is what very well may happen if OU beats Tech, they could jump Texas in the BCS rankings which would give them the tiebreaker if Tech, Texas, and OU end up in a 3-way title game. The highest ranked team in the BCS standings will win the Big XII South and face Mizzou in the Big XII title game.

o i thought they went off head to head in conference not BCS rankings
they do if it end up be a two-way tie, that would mean tech would have to lose their last 2 games, but if it ends up in a 3 way tie (Texas, TexasTech, OU all 11-1) which in most likely, although I could see Tech beating OU cause OU's defense is garbage, then the top team in the BCS goes.

What's even worse is that one of those teams is going to be left out of the BCS entirely, the Big East should forfeit their slot this year, they don'tdeserve to go.

Originally Posted by oxygen800r

i'm calling it now.

the big xii will be decided by the final bcs poll leading up to the game. this is where the pollsters generally reevaluate the entire season. whomever has ou ranked ahead of texas will adjust for the head to head. texas' strength is in the computers and that will keep them above both ou and tech in the 3-way 11-1 tie.

See this is what I actually think will be the death so to speak of Texas and preventing them from getting to the title game. Right now they're 3rd in the computer rankings with UF and OU at 5 (Utah is 4th, go figure) and that gives them a full tenth of a point difference in the ratings (.920 to .820), but they don't have any tough games left and UF and OU do. If both UF win out (ranked games vs. South Carolina, FSU, and No. 1 Bama) and OU (OK St and Texas Tech) I fully think the computers will jump them to the #1 and #2 ranked schedules respectively. In that case OU would jump Texas in the polls and go to the Big XII title game, esp. now that they are ahead of Texas in one of the human polls. So ultimately Texas may become a casualty of playing all of their top games TOO EARLY which is very unfortunate.
OU was always ahead in the coaches poll. texas is closing the gap. the computers take into account the entire season.

texas owns the head to head vs ou - that will ultimately decide where the coaches go with the final poll leading up to the big xii title game. ou beating tech= texas beating ou in terms of highest quality win. ou and texas would have beaten OSU, albeit OU would have to win on the road. the major difference here isthat texas would have beaten missouri, who is closing back in on top 10. OU's next best win would be TCU.

the biggest hurdle OU faces, if they can beat tech, is florida. they'll stay between texas and oklahoma in the bcs because they won't play alabamauntil championship weekend. this means that OU will have to jump two spots up. beating tech will not do that for them.

texas will not drop below oklahoma if they handle business. the coaches are dumb, but there will be A LOT of eyes on the polls that weekend.

Anyone else feel like Bama is gonna get handled by UF??
AND Penn St is def gonna lose one more..

AND Penn St is def gonna lose one more..

What'cha basing that one on chief?

Not saying we won't.. you just sound like a hater with no basis for such a statement..

Florida vs Texas

Florida vs Texas Tech

Florida vs Oklahoma

All 3 sounds good to me. All we gotta do is take care of business against Bama.

I'm not sure I see Texas Tech losing to Oklahoma...

Oklahoma State's offense was EXACTLY the type of offense that was supposed to give the Red Raiders problems... Oklahoma doesn't run the ball nearly aswell as the Pokes... And the last thing Oklahoma wants is to get into a shoot out with Texas Tech with that swiss cheese defense of theirs... Does anyonebelieve Oklahoma's defense will get more stops than Tech's will? I'm not sure I do...

ummmmmmmmmmm i do when the hell did TT defense become good? bradford is going to eat that bend dont break cover 2 defense alive. OU has the players and speedon D to get them few stops on defense i would have NO faith in TT doing the same. and OU run game has been on point the last few weeks. OUoffense>>>>>>oki state

I just think the coaching has been pretty bad, and that was a tough loss..hard to turn around. And w/ Clark starting I dont think he's proven that he cantake control of a game and win for you guys. oh and Mich St is tough. No hate
happy.gif

Originally Posted by IYE2

I just think the coaching has been pretty bad, and that was a tough loss..hard to turn around. And w/ Clark starting I dont think he's proven that he can take control of a game and win for you guys. oh and Mich St is tough. No hate
happy.gif

coaching was horrible yesterday but I think PSU wins out and goes to the Rose Bowl

Clark can win games but not when you restrict him and try to make him a traditional pocket passer which again goes back to yesterdays horrible coaching. Istill support Devlin and think he should be the starter but it is what it is and I cant complain about Clark, I just pray Devlin doesnt transfer

Who's OU gona stop TT?

TT dominated OU last year...I don't see dominating again, but I do see them winning.

OU and their D is a joke in big spots.

True, OU's D is the worst by far of any of the top 6 teams, so if Tech stops them maybe twice like Texas did, they should be able to win. But I'mfeeling that it'll come down to whoever has the ball last like I said in the Tex/TTU game.

hopefully with a CAL victory over oregon state we can get back in the rankings again...that and a bowl game is pretty much all we're look foward to...as iwas looking foward to beating USC this year...i'm sure next year!

Originally Posted by 22stylez

hopefully with a CAL victory over oregon state we can get back in the rankings again...that and a bowl game is pretty much all we're look foward to...as i was looking foward to beating USC this year...i'm sure next year!
We will, Tedford needs to stick with one QB though and we need to get our running game established again.

Back
Top Bottom