New* Nike SB Dunk High Premium - "Twin Peaks"

Snowy~Owl.jpg

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Originally Posted by Bwood56

no owl = buy.. owl = pass.. it just kills the shoe, nice color set up, but cmon
indifferent.gif

The owl doesn't bother me, my jean will cover it up anyway.

Brooklyn....

make up your mind.

These would actually be better WITHOUT the owl in my opinion...if they took off the owl and change the red insole liner I'd consider them...for adiscount...

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Originally Posted by cubsfan455

i thought these were a january release
I believe so.
for those who are out in the Sacramento Area and for those in the Bay Area that want to drive, FTC Sacramento already has these available.

also, since its out there now, and you really want them, you don't have to wait another two weeks or whoever long it will take for the other shops to gettheirs...

check out their blog (www.myspace.com/ftc_sacramento) for the inspiration behind the shoe (which is also listed below):
spacer.gif

Nike SB Twin Peaks Dunk High Early Release
TWIN PEAKS DUNK HIGH EARLY RELEASE 12/26/08 at 11AM. FTC SACRAMENTO ONLY.

The upcoming Twin Peaks Premium Nike SB Dunk High set to release in January 2009 is a shoe that is very personal to FTC.The inspiration for this shoe is from the T.V. series and Film: Twin Peaks. The idea that set this shoe in motion was thought up by a close friend of FTCSacramento Mai Do. We are more than proud to present Mai's perspective on the inspirations:

Welcome to Twin Peaks: a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to die there.

Twin Peaks is a town with big majestic Douglas Firs, damn good coffee, where yellow still means slow and pies must gowhen they die. But nothing is as it seems, especially the owls. There's also a dancing Dwarf, a Giant, a one-armed man, and more secrets than the oddcharacters that inhabit this small Pacific Northwest town. Twin Peaks is the imagination and collaboration of Mark Frost and David Lynch and also theinspiration for a Nike Dunk High SB set to release January 2009.

This shoe was inspired by the show's Black Lodge. The body of the shoe simulates the entrance to the Lodge, locatedin Ghostwood Forest. There lies a black pool surrounded by 12 Sycamore trees in Glastonbury Grove, which is illustrated by the black wood grain leather andgreen stitching. It is in the Black Lodge where you will meet your own shadow self and confronting it with imperfect courage will annihilate your soul. Theblue owl on the outside flap also signifies the entrance to the Black Lodge, where owls are often found and are not what they seem. The interior is lined inred with a unique insole symbolizing what is believed to be the Black Lodge or Red Room's (waiting room) most recognizable characteristic: red curtains andgeometric flooring. The sole of the shoe symbolizes the beginning of Twin Peaks: who killed Laura Palmer? She is Twin Peak's homecoming queen anddaddy's girl turned coke addict and prostitute who washes ashore wrapped in plastic.

Creator/Director David Lynch said the Black Lodge was "a pure matter of inspiration... The difference betweenreality and fantasy has never been clear to me. I'll probably be very surprised, when I find out, what it really is, some day." Like skateboarding,Twin Peaks and Nike SB delve into the unknown where nothing is as it seems.

Back
Top Bottom