New Retro Blk/Red IV's - look plain wrong.

The material (Durabuck/Nubuck) is too flat/dull and the overall shape's off - that toe box is soo looong - they look like boats!
roll.gif

It's not all bad news, at least this time the tongue's (nearly) theright length...unlike the 99's.

Sadly - like everybody, I'll buy them - just so I can fully retire my old IV's....BUT, daaam this is one JB shoe that should have been precisely onpoint, the recent Retro III's/IV's were decent so why fall short on one of the REAL most wanted's??!

MJ should be in politics with that statement. "Every time we put our name on a product..it's the best product that we could do"?
laugh.gif
Okay, sowhy do those retro 4's look like crap then?

Originally Posted by Fang Bian Mian

the recent Retro III's/IV's were decent so why fall short on one of the REAL most wanted's??!

Are you sure the "recent" IIIs and IVs were that decent? Think again....
Few things I can think of that was wrong with those 2:
-fire red IIIs tongue is not REALLY perforated
-the IVs (fire red & military blue) had major QC issue: glue stains, different color mesh

It's just a damn shame is all I can say.
smh.gif

JORDAN BRAND HAS BECOME A JOKE!

what makes tou sure thoose are in the package? none of the other colorways are the same as the packs

Originally Posted by StarBucks GTD

Just be glad u getting them.

My thoughts exactly, looks close enough. I'm not that picky when it comes to retro and we should be all happy we are getting black/red iv's.Better than nothing.

i thought the IIIs came out pretty good but how can you say the IV did too..i dont know what you're talking about but i thought the 06 IV retros were oneof the worst quality retros EVER. cheap leather and pre-creased shoes? c'mon now

but anyways, the shoe does look off, but then again i'm not gonna judge it until i see real pictures.

Is there any actual proof that we're even getting these? That clip looked like a showcase from the katrina auction.

Gotta watch that tues. and see how many lies MJ can give the public about the quality of his kicks and watch him bob and weave the fact that the JB legacy isfalling way off.... but hopefully they'll give sum good info on the XXIIIs doe

I don't think those will be in the packs, if they are it will be a big disappointment because I was really looking forward to getting those IV's

RobRockin218 wrote:
StarBucks GTD wrote:
Just be glad u getting them.

My thoughts exactly, looks close enough. I'm not that picky when it comes to retro and we should be all happy we are getting black/red iv's. Better than nothing.

With that mentality you'll never get what you really want.

Why should you settle for anything you don't agree with.

You can compromise and try to meet in the middle, but this is lopsided and you THINK you have no choice.

That's exactly why things are the way they are now. If those True Blue 3's would have never sold well as well as all of the other CRAP they put outthat we weren't happy with, things would be how we want them.

We control what/how they do things, we just have to realize it. Without us they won't be crap.

I'm waiting for someone to say oh we're only a small percetage of the sneaker industry. That maybe true, but we are a big reason why it is the way itis good and bad. By the way a couple of months ago when RockDeep would post up those sales figures the top selling Jordan for every month sold only like100,000-125,000.

We're a 60,000 user community, along with other sneaker websites, and don't forget the 160's who cop multiples and regular user who cop multiples60,000 x 2 = 120,000. So don't tell me we are a small percentage...to me we are the percetage.

You guys may not realize it, but we have the power to make them do what we want them to do. It doesn't matter anyway nobody is going to listen anyway aslong as they have their fresh J's.

One day you'll all understand when you get older and your priorities change, trust me. You'll all see what I'm talking about when they re-releaseall of this crap that they are releasing today that you'll all be hoping they release when you're older.

You know why? Because for nostalgia reason's you're going to want what you had when you where young.

You're going to want the DTRT 3's just as they came out... not with subtle changes and tweaks that mess up the whole look of the sneaker becausethat's not how you remember them when you where young, and that's not how they looked on your feet. I know this is falling on deaf ears, but one dayyou'll understand what I'm talking about...hopefully.

Until then...

Thank god it's coming to an end for me. I just wanted I-XX3 and that will be a reality soon.

Originally Posted by slept on

Is there any actual proof that we're even getting these? That clip looked like a showcase from the katrina auction.
Good question to ask before freaking out.

I agree with Putting in Work exactly!! Be a smart consumer....

but then again I think there are always those fools that rushed in for the gold hunt....I'm good with my IVs from 99

With that mentality you'll never get what you really want.

Why should you settle for anything you don't agree with.

You can compromise and try to meet in the middle, but this is lopsided and you THINK you have no choice.

That's exactly why things are the way they are now. If those True Blue 3's would have never sold well as well as all of the other CRAP they put out that we weren't happy with, things would be how we want them.

We control what/how they do things, we just have to realize it. Without us they won't be crap.

I'm waiting for someone to say oh we're only a small percetage of the sneaker industry. That maybe true, but we are a big reason why it is the way it is good and bad. By the way a couple of months ago when RockDeep would post up those sales figures the top selling Jordan for every month sold only like 100,000-125,000.

We're a 60,000 user community, along with other sneaker websites, and don't forget the 160's who cop multiples and regular user who cop multiples 60,000 x 2 = 120,000. So don't tell me we are a small percentage...to me we are the percetage.

You guys may not realize it, but we have the power to make them do what we want them to do. It doesn't matter anyway nobody is going to listen anyway as long as they have their fresh J's.

One day you'll all understand when you get older and your priorities change, trust me. You'll all see what I'm talking about when they re-release all of this crap that they are releasing today that you'll all be hoping they release when you're older.

You know why? Because for nostalgia reason's you're going to want what you had when you where young.

You're going to want the DTRT 3's just as they came out... not with subtle changes and tweaks that mess up the whole look of the sneaker because that's not how you remember them when you where young, and that's not how they looked on your feet. I know this is falling on deaf ears, but one day you'll understand what I'm talking about...hopefully.

Amen.

Back
Top Bottom