New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

going to have to watch
smokin.gif
Yep. Just set my dvr to tape both days. 

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs finished the with a better regular season record than the Lakers.

This. They just have that chemistry plus coach Pop knows how to keep his guys fresh and focus. Pop is a great coach, don't be surprised if they have the best record in the league.

This. They just have that chemistry plus coach Pop knows how to keep his guys fresh and focus. Pop is a great coach, don't be surprised if they have the best record in the league.

Ehh the same can be said that the Spurs normally get off to a bad or 500 level record and don't start playing well until they go on their long Rodeo road trip.

Poppa Smurf likes to rest his key players also and sacrifices wins in the regular season since his team is older.

I don't see the Spurs having a better regular season record and higher seed going into the playoffs.

I already showed ya'll the game plan for beating the Spurs every year.

During the regular season you have no time to prepare. Outside of watching tape on the plane, you can't prepare for them, and they are very well coached, so they play well game after game.

But come playoff time, when you have DAYS to sit and study them, and prepare, and figure them out, then their lack of talent gets exposed. And that's when you can pound them. That's why Phil always destroyed them. It's why the Grizz figured them out and beat them. It's why the Thunder figured them out after a couple games.

The Spurs can win all the regular season games they want vs the Bucks and Pacers with no time for those teams to study them, but when it's big boy ball and equal amount of time to prepare, the Spurs can't do a damn thing to beat solid teams. If the Clippers were healthy, and had a coach not named Del Negro, they would have beaten the Spurs too.

It's gonna happen again this year, and next year, and the year after that, just like I been sayin since we beat the **** out of them 4-1 back in 2008. I been right every single year about them. Once Duncan was no longer Duncan, they were done for, they just don't know it.

During the regular season you have no time to prepare. Outside of watching tape on the plane, you can't prepare for them, and they are very well coached, so they play well game after game.
But come playoff time, when you have DAYS to sit and study them, and prepare, and figure them out, then their lack of talent gets exposed. And that's when you can pound them. That's why Phil always destroyed them. It's why the Grizz figured them out and beat them. It's why the Thunder figured them out after a couple games.

amen.

5 days away :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Hold up, Dwight workin out like that a week BEFORE camp opens? I'm seein that right? :lol:

So all that, he won't play til January stuff can go away now?

And lemme guess, his back "magically" got better after the trade I suppose. :lol: :smokin

I'm very glad that I didn't predict him in LA back in 2010, or that I didn't say his back would be fine as soon as he got traded. :rofl:

I mean i was expecting more like running or jogging and **** at this stage.. but this dude doing that already before the actual training camp? :lol:

This dude WILL play in November.

So I have read thru this thread and I have come to the conclusion, that if you DO NOT live in California (which I don't or any where close) and have Direct T.V. and purchase league pass you WILL be able to watch the Lakers this year? I have been doing alot of reading and this is what I have come up with. If I am incorrect with this assumption could someone please get me in the right direction or let me start game planning for a plan B.

This is gonna be a hell of a season guys :pimp: Dwight on schedule, Ron is in absurd shape. He was really one of our best players at the end of last year prior to the elbow incident. If he can pick up where he left off AND he's in better shape, look out.

This is gonna be a hell of a season guys :pimp: Dwight on schedule, Ron is in absurd shape. He was really one of our best players at the end of last year prior to the elbow incident. If he can pick up where he left off AND he's in better shape, look out.

and if Ron Ron improved his shooting, watch out. dude is goin to be open like crazy

Just for stretches, I would LOVE to see a lineup of Dwight, Ron, Ebanks, Kobe, someone......Morris? To see what kind of pressure we could put out there on D.

Ron + Dwight alone means we should be able to bang against anybody we want, get loose balls, intimidate, scrap, all that dirty **** that's needed when it matters. Mix in Ebanks being the rangiest/quickest/fastest guy we have, we could be pesky when we wanna be for stretches.

But as was alluded too, Ron was great, til he went Ron and threw that elbow. We're always one brain synapse away from losing him for a while. :lol: I don't even know if I used synapse right or not, but it felt good at the time. :lol:

Ron Artest looks to be in the best shape as a Laker, Can't wait to see what this team can do on the floor together.

I have that weird feeling that Fisher will find himself oin this Lakers team near Playoff time.

How many games into the season will my life feel like it's falling apart?

Under 5 games?
5- 10 games?
10-20 games?
20-30 games?
All Star Break?
Trade Deadline?
10 games left in season?
First Round?
or Later?

Who wants in on the pool :rofl:

Last edited:
So I have read thru this thread and I have come to the conclusion, that if you DO NOT live in California (which I don't or any where close) and have Direct T.V. and purchase league pass you WILL be able to watch the Lakers this year? I have been doing alot of reading and this is what I have come up with. If I am incorrect with this assumption could someone please get me in the right direction or let me start game planning for a plan B.

Yes... but I don't have any official confirmation, but it's almost guaranteed.

Since we're talking LP here, most of us assume that the NBA and Time Warner have already hashed out an agreement (or will without problems). It's the NBA, not an LA-area cable provider... they can't offer a league pass service without one of their teams, especially the Lakers. That's how most of us are assuming it is, at least.

As for League Pass customers in the LA area, it will be blacked out. It would've been blacked out if they hadn't changed channels, it'll be blacked out whether or not TW reaches agreements with everyone. Just to clarify, it doesn't have anything to do with your specific cable provider, it has to do with your area (LA/OC/SD)

Back
Top Bottom