New song about Nikes/Jays and consumer culture. Not as corny as I expected [VIDEO]

Move this, we're in the General forum where most of us have been rehabilitated from juvenile, unhealthy sneaker addictions and moved on to bigger and better things like dressing better, Ralph Lauren, getting brolic, cool stories bro, and dat mass.

song and rapper are waaaaaaay too corny... kinda killed the mood of the video. but the video is dope as hell..

Good song. Unfortunately some of us *Ahem* are not mature enough to appreciate sincere music. I'm bummed my part in the video got cut. I had on OG 1's.

trey ohh five wrote:
Move this, we're in the General forum where most of us have been rehabilitated from juvenile, unhealthy sneaker addictions and moved on to bigger and better things like dressing better, Ralph Lauren, getting brolic, cool stories bro, and dat mass.

I still wear jordans 
ohwell.gif
 but yea, it aint as serious as before...
Havent bought sneakers in a couple of years, have/had the pairs I wanted so Im good. You could tell who the younger NTers in this thread tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Good song. Unfortunately some of us *Ahem* are not mature enough to appreciate sincere music. I'm bummed my part in the video got cut. I had on OG 1's. 

Sorry man, that song was just not good. Just because it was sincere doesn't mean it was well done. 
I liked the video, and it was a decent beat, but it was way too overdramatic for the subject matter and he came across as real corny. I feel like he did a weak job of making the point he was trying to make and the overly dramatic nature of the video and beat, while good on their own, only made the weak lyrics stand out even more. 

let's be real tho. if this was kanye, ya'll would say this is the best song/video in the past decade.

Songs about shoes are tacky.
laugh.gif
at goons thinking they're somebody that matters because of a pair of shoes.

Felt like I was watching a JB commercial. And I'm sure most of general has gone through this epiphany. I just wish I realized it at least towards the end of high school.

Knew it was gonna be this video.
Dudes say Macklemore is corny in this song rapping all overdramatic about shoes but that's just the way he spits..
Check out his song called Otherside which is about lean or his song My oh My which was a tribute to the mariners late Dave Niehaus. It's just the way he makes music..

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
So lame.  It's nowhere near as serious as he made it out to be

word, visuals are dope ...but i don't feel his pain. tears looks store bought 
laugh.gif
When you're white upper class (which is what he is), it comes off as a little contrived.

I liked it. I didnt look at it as a song just about shoes, but just how it felt to get them and how it changed over the years. but 90% of NTers have to relate to at least the beginning of the song. When I was a little kid and I got my first Jordans I was just as excited as that kid, and straight to the basketball hoop in my jordan jersey i went.

Seattle ain't hard like that tho...

Spoiler [+]
I'm referring to how the kid was robbed

This song sucked!
Dude's voice is annoying.
Video wasn't all that, too much hype around this dude for no reason!

This song is really old
edit:

I remember when i first heard it i was like dude just seems out of place with it

video solidified it for me

Back
Top Bottom