New Star Wars Stand-Alone Films to Follow Boba Fett and Young Han Solo

News too awesome to be in the Disney announcement thread. But...

Less than 24 hours after Walt Disney Pictures officially confirmed plans to develop stand-alone feature films in the Star Wars universe, EW is reporting that they have learned which two characters the first two projects will focus on: Boba Fett and a young Han Solo.

Plans for the Solo film call for it to take place in the time between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy. No plot details have been revealed, but it's a near-certainty that a brand new actor would have to step in to play everyone's favorite scruffy looking Nerf-herder.

The adventures of Han Solo pre-A New Hope was actually the focus of one of the earliest Star Wars novels, 1979's "Han Solo at Star's End", set two years before the events of the 1977 film.

The Boba Fett film, meanwhile, would be set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back and would follow the bounty hunter on an intergalactic adventure.

Both of the the films (of which Lawrence Kasdan is said to be writing one and Simon Kinberg writing the other) are tentatively planned to see release sometime after 2015 when J.J. Abrams' Episode VII is planned to hit theaters.

Previous rumors called for a stand-alone film to follow the adventures of Yoda, but that has not yet been confirmed.

http://m.superherohype.com/news/art...-films-to-follow-boba-fett-and-young-han-solo

Being a big Boba Fett fan myself, I can't help but be in super geek mode right now :smokin

yea this is great news. there are so many interesting side stories inside the star wars universe that can help flesh out little events that become big ripples latter on.

what do you guys think of the star wars: clone wars series on cartoon network....I'm not even a star wars fan but I think the series is great.

what do you guys think of the star wars: clone wars series on cartoon network....I'm not even a star wars fan but I think the series is great.

It's mixed for me. There's a lot of great story arcs on the show but there's also a good amount of "kiddy/filler" episodes. On that note, the current Darth Mail arc has been nothing short of great and last weeks episode "The Lawless" is single handedly the best episode in the entire series. I recommend any Star Wars to check it out if you haven't. It'll leave you in awe.

They kind of took out the mystique of fett in the prequals but with the right team they could put him back on track

A Han project has an easier success rate.

It's mixed for me. There's a lot of great story arcs on the show but there's also a good amount of "kiddy/filler" episodes. On that note, the current Darth Mail arc has been nothing short of great and last weeks episode "The Lawless" is single handedly the best episode in the entire series. I recommend any Star Wars to check it out if you haven't. It'll leave you in awe.

is that the one where sidious shows up and gives maul the biziness?

:pimp:

I hope Disney puts out some made for TV material too. Their Marvel cartoons have been great (Avengers, Ultimate Spiderman) so I know they'll do Star Wars some justice

Theres a lot of unknown behind the two characters which In my opinion really gives the characters a lot of mystery and depth.  I think could hurt them if not done right, also Han solo younger? Every has a face already related to him, finding someone new..... using ford plus CGI? Ive never been a fan of using new people to be current movie characters.

Theres a lot of unknown behind the two characters which In my opinion really gives the characters a lot of mystery and depth.  I think could hurt them if not done right, also Han solo younger? Every has a face already related to him, finding someone new..... using ford plus CGI? Ive never been a fan of using new people to be current movie characters.

If Chris Pine and Sylar can do it for Captain Kirk and Spock, I don't see why not. If anything, it'd be great if they can pull off a Fett movie just like Judge Dredd where he never even removes his helmet.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom