New to the community - Need a hand

Hello sneakerheads,

Just Joining the community, and I could use a helping hand. Picked these up while thrifting and idk if they're legit or not? Hmmmm, Are Nikes even made in Vietnam???? Excuse my ignorance, and thanks for any insight anyone's willing to share!

*On the "size" tag I see 555088-005, Per Google, StockX, and Goat... this *should* be a Jordan 1 Retro High OG Shattered Backboard

20210929_194515.jpg

20210929_194639.jpg

20210929_194704.jpg

20210929_194941.jpg
20210929_195026.jpg

Yeah these definitely aren’t authentic. There’s a lot of areas that are wrong with these. They also don’t place the size tag on the inside of the tongue on OG highs.

Yeah these definitely aren’t authentic. There’s a lot of areas that are wrong with these. They also don’t place the size tag on the inside of the tongue on OG highs.

Well we live and we learn. Since this post I've watched about 100 Real Vs Fake/UA videos on YT. Copped a UV Flashlight, and found them to be complete BULL:emoji_poop::emoji_thumbsdown:. I'm very lucky this was only a $25 thrifting mistake on my part, now I can try and avoid this fugazy crap on future buys!

Well we live and we learn. Since this post I've watched about 100 Real Vs Fake/UA videos on YT. Copped a UV Flashlight, and found them to be complete BULL:emoji_poop::emoji_thumbsdown:. I'm very lucky this was only a $25 thrifting mistake on my part, now I can try and avoid this fugazy crap on future buys!
You’re absolutely right. I’m glad to see it was only a $25 lesson. Most don’t get that lucky and end up learning a few hundred dollar lesson. I was also glad to see that you’re educating yourself to learn what you can in order to know what to look for in the future. The black light is a great call. I use mine to look for “ guide lines “ that rep manufactures typically use and or any Chinese or foreign stamps that shouldn’t be present on the box and or midsole.

I personally learned to LC the shoes I like to collect and scoured the net for any info I could find on those shoes. It’s helped a ton and I’ve learned a lot over the years. Best of luck with future buys and if you ever need help, we’re here.

Back
Top Bottom