New TV shows of 2009 Appreciation

Reaction score
425.ad.ParksandRecreation.Schneider.Ansari.Poehler.Jones.Perkins.Offerman.031009.jpg

Parks and Recreation: NBC - Thursdays, 8:30 PM ET

Saw the pilot episode and enjoyed it. Some of the humor was a bit forced, but it was still funny overall. Nick Offerman's character (dude with themustache) is hilarious. Amy Poehler's character is a female version of Michael Scott. I highly recommend this show, and it's time-slotted to get greatratings.

southland.jpg

SouthLAnd: NBC - Thursdays, 10:00 PM ET

The pilot episode is still running as we speak, but so far, it's been everything that's been missing in today's cop dramas. I especially like thehalf-reality, half-drama premise of the show, and the cast is pretty good. Looks like NBC has another hit in their hands.

92.jpg

Castle: ABC - Mondays, 10:00 PM ET

This is the anti-SouthLAnd. The crimes/plots are intricate and the show is clearly about twists and turns rather than realism, and the producers didn'tleave out any theatrics. The developing relationship between Castle and Beckett is fun to watch as well. Entertaining, funny, and definitely a breath of freshair.

ok i wasn't the only one who watched Parks and Recreation today
laugh.gif

it was pretty good, i actually like the camera style

I really wanted to see Southland, dude from O.C. on there interesting promo

Old shows are MUCH BETTER

I dream of Jeannie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>90% of todays television cause it wasoriginal and funny in a non ******ed way

I saw The Unusuals last night, they seem to be trying to cram in every single "wacky" cop type they can into one big pot. Its not bad but itjust seems off. However I'd put Better Off Ted up as the best new comedy so far. What I'm waiting for is a great new sci-fi show.

Even though it's a cartoon don't forget Sit Down Shut Up! by the creator of Arrested Development.

I'm pretty disappointed with all the new shows. they all seem like there just recycling themes and jokes from other shows. lack of originality bores me. Ithink i might just give up t.v. altogether.

Watching Southland now.
Not even 10 minutes into the pilot and a kid gets ripped apart by bullets. I did not know you could show someone getting shot like that on network tv.

Other than this, I've just been sticking to new seasons of shows I've been watching.

By the way, on the cartoon front, The Secret Saturdays is awesome. Its exactly what it would be like if someone made a serious early morning adventurecartoon in the vein of Jonny Quest.

Parks and Recreation has a lot of potential.

Aziz Ansari is going to be the reason to watch
laugh.gif

as well as Rashida Jones of course
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom