NEW YORK MAFIA

GAMBINO CAPTAIN ARRESTED: COPS
TURNS SELF IN DURING SPRAWLING MAFIA TAKEDOWN

May 29, 2008 --

Brooklyn prosecutors say a reputed Gambino crime family captain has turned himself in to face charges in a sprawling federal mob case.

Nicholas Corozzo is part of a February case accusing reputed mobsters with offenses stretching back three decades.

Corozzo is charged with extorting construction companies, running a major illegal gambling operation and ordering a gangland hit that also took abystander's life in 1996.

The case marks one of the largest Mafia takedowns in recent memory. Besides the federal indictment naming 62 defendants, authorities said a separate stateinvestigation resulted in charges against 26 others.

Originally Posted by commodity05

i was watchin Sopranos just now (FTW)... anyways, i was just curious as to what the real mafia is lookin like now a days. Anyone got any good sites or any info on the present day new york families? Its a topic that really interests me.... anyone else?

rats-30nov04-girls.jpg

The Italian mafia is for all intents and purposes dead in the city here. They have some power here and there but they aren't nearly as powerful as theyused to be.

The Russian and Israeli mobs have moved into the fold.

Back
Top Bottom