[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Originally Posted by BTLlovesJays

^ yea because santana wants to play the day his son is born
indifferent.gif

rule #76 no excuses play like a champion

^ Who cares.

Pelf looks nervous and this cool weather isn't helping for some reason, it not THAT bad out. His sinker isn't sinking.

I'd be shocked if the Mets don't get to this no name pitcher 2nd or 3rd time through the order.

Still getting used to calling this our home field.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

He seems to be a slightly better than average pitcher imo

FYI....Josh Johnson is an ace
laugh.gif

Yeah, I actually was responding to Lazy's comment about him being an ok to mediocre pitcher. I was saying it in a way to actually compliment Johnson.

As far as this game tonight so far... I just got in. But my boy was keeping me up to date via messenger. All I can say is that I hope Pelf settles in and theteam puts together a rally to turn things around. I heard the crowd was booing already.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

They were light boo's, he doesn't have his sinker going but maybe he'll settle down, opening day in a new stadium when he was fighting for arotation spot just a year ago is a big jump.

LOL @ the cheers for Murph catching that fly ball.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

He seems to be a slightly better than average pitcher imo

FYI....Josh Johnson is an ace
laugh.gif

Yeah, I actually was responding to Lazy's comment about him being an ok to mediocre pitcher. I was saying it in a way to actually compliment Johnson.

As far as this game tonight so far... I just got in. But my boy was keeping me up to date via messenger. All I can say is that I hope Pelf settles in and the team puts together a rally to turn things around. I heard the crowd was booing already.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I caught him live, and you know what they say about stats...just saying, he basically brings it against the Mets and against inferior teams, he pitches down.IMO, at least.

Nevertheless, I do hope Pelfrey settles down and locates some pitches because 7 hits through 2 and 2/3 isnt whats hot in the streets.

This "staff" did well the first time around cept for Ollie, its the 1st day in a new stadium still in cold weather.

Baseball is a marathon.

Pelf's getting some ground balls now.

This "staff" did well the first time around cept for Ollie, its the 1st day in a new stadium still in cold weather.

Baseball is a marathon.

Pelf's getting some ground balls now.
Pelf didn't actually pitch well the first time around. Giving up 4 Earned Runs in 5 innings isn't a quality start. Two bad starts in arow is not a good sign.

Ollie looked downright awful, and Livan was the only one who pitched well aside from Johan and if we are really going to be relying on consistant performancesfrom him we are in for a long road. If this staff has trouble establishing a clear number 2 it will be a long season.

I'm not a BIG baseball guy, tuned in right now, I'm a BIG Mets fan tho... Hate the Yankees, that's why I started to likethe Mets honestly.

Hopefully Mets pitching gets in sink next couple weeks while the hitting keeps us in the games...

smh.gif
@ Johan wasted effort yesterday.

laugh.gif
@ dude with the cheat sheet...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Ollie looked downright awful, and Livan was the only one who pitched well aside from Johan and if we are really going to be relying on consistant performances from him we are in for a long road. If this staff has trouble establishing a clear number 2 it will be a long season.
Agreed. I've always believed that you can NEVER have too much pitching. (Y'all know how I feel about Pedro... But I'm not here to beatthat horse)

So far the staff has been far from intimidating.

But again, it's very, very early. I don't start worrying until the weather actually feels like baseball weather and guys are still scuffling.

And maybe it's the fact that everyone is milling around checking out the park... But there has been no buzz or energy from the crowd tonight.

NO WIN FOR YOU!

Pelf didn't actually pitch well the first time around. Giving up 4 Earned Runs in 5 innings isn't a quality start. Two bad starts in a row is not a good sign

Pelf had a bad 1st inning in a park he never pitched well in before, but then allowed only 2 more hits after that.

Maine's start was VERY good considering he came off surgery.

You can't be picky week 2 into the season, if they are pitching poorly in May-June then I would understand.

Back
Top Bottom