NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

Ehh Chris Smith was like 8 million dollars for two years, thats not even real money anymore.

IMO, they have to be prepared to throw the house at one of the big guys coming up in the next few years trout, harper, puig, stanton.

Stanton, please.

Stanton, please.
Perhaps could have packaged a trade for him last year when his stock was significantly decreased. Who knows if Miami would have seriously let Stanton or Jo-Fer go at the time, with the temptation of a major haul directly in front of their plate.

Grandy is another bad signing. I don't like the Colon one either but I get that one.

Stanton needs to be signed for sure if he's on the market.

Grandy is another bad signing. I don't like the Colon one either but I get that one.

Colon finagled the Mets into that second year. 1/$10M would have been perfect for the team, not so much the player.

7-3 in the last 10 games we've been playing pretty good lately 

Mets are 8-2 for their last 10 games, get it right, mister. Lol They have been playing pretty good lately, hopefylly the all-star break doesn't slow them down.

Last edited:
Mets are 8-2 for their last 10 games, get it right, mister. Lol They have been playing pretty good lately, hopefylly the all-star break doesn't slow them down.
And one of the two losses I attended.

d'Arnaud mashing since coming back up. At-bat music to Dre's Xxplosive.

Your right but I wrote it before yesterday's win lol. But I agree hopefully the break doesn't slow them down and they can continue the good playing 

Granderson will find a way to hit, he'll still finish the season with decent numbers.

Color two year deal is not bad especially since he provides insurance, but I see him being dealt at the deadline or possibly the off-season since he is obviously not a part of the future.

Nice streak of wins to end the first half.

mets really playing well as of late... they've looked great on this homestand. good to see them follow up that period of losses with how they've been winning games lately.

Colon could get you someone decent at the deadline from one of these desperate teams in the middle of a race. Gotta move him by the 31st.

Really like how they've been playing lately. Hopefully the momentum follows after the break. My goal for them going into the season was .500 and midway through July that isn't a total pipe dream so I'm cool with that.

Totally random but has anyone been to a game in Philly before? Copped tix for a mets phillies game out there in August. Wondering now the crowd is up there and everything.

Really like how they've been playing lately. Hopefully the momentum follows after the break. My goal for them going into the season was .500 and midway through July that isn't a total pipe dream so I'm cool with that.

Totally random but has anyone been to a game in Philly before? Copped tix for a mets phillies game out there in August. Wondering now the crowd is up there and everything.

I went on 4th of July 5 years ago, when Mets came off those collapse years, and Philly was riding high so needless to say it was pretty bad. Mostly all in good fun, although a bit much for my liking.

I think considering the times have changed a bit, it won't be AS bad, but those fans are just crazy so who knows.

I go to dodger games regularly so I've seen some wild stuff at games over the years but its that stigma about Philly fans lmao.

I'm lookin forward to it though. Mets game, Mitchell and ness store trip and cheesesteaks.

I go to dodger games regularly so I've seen some wild stuff at games over the years but its that stigma about Philly fans lmao.

I'm lookin forward to it though. Mets game, Mitchell and ness store trip and cheesesteaks.

Philly Cheesesteaks are so overrated! Almost as overrated as dodger dogs. I rather have Vienna sausages on a bun than those

Colon finagled the Mets into that second year. 1/$10M would have been perfect for the team, not so much the player.
Interesting reading this now.  Not sure how much of a difference that 2nd year would make but if it's true that as many teams have interest in Colon as has been reported (I wouldn't be surprised), he could potentially bring a very good prospect in return.  Sandy seems to play those scenarios well and hopefully there are enough teams in the near the trade deadline who need pitching that someone gives up a good piece. 

A healthy Harvey makes a decent replacement for Colon next year. 
laugh.gif
  If deGrom stays healthy and keeps pitching anywhere near the level he has been at, limiting his innings of course, plus Niese, Gee, Wheeler?  That's a well-above solid starting rotation in 2015.  You know one of those guys is getting hurt next year, so maybe Syndergaard comes up at that point.

I actually kinda like the Duda/Campbell platoon, at the very least it works for now.  Murphy will make some great plays followed but a boneheaded one in the field but dude can hit.  SS is terrible even if Tejada has been "better".  Wright is Wright, declining but so be it.  d'Arnaud is much more of what we expected since he was called back up.

Outfield:  I've been happy with Granderson as a whole after his slow start and I think his presence is important.  Legares is great in the field, maybe back down to earth after his DL stint.  LF?  Eh.

Basically if we could have a very good bullpen and get at least one big bat at 1B or LF plus a SS, this could be a good team.  Once again assuming everyone stays healthy.

Last edited:
Yea. I like that he went out there for the 7th today even though he put them in a bad position giving up two straight singles

deGrom is becoming a weekly must see.

Some of my fellow Met buddies who don't watch as religiously as I do have gotten more into it this season lately due to the influx of the young pitching.

Familia and Mejia have been VERY good at the ends of games too. Not used to seeing that with the Metropolitans.

Yeah, if Familia & Mejia can keep it up?  At least anywhere near the level they been pitching.  Damn.

Saw where Thor, Plawecki, Nimmo, Dom Smith & Conforto are all rated in the top 100 prospects.  When was the last time we had 4 position players up there?

d'Arnaud bomb!

Ok we're 4 games under .500 right now. I'm not saying we can slide into a wild card spot, but if we can play meaningful games in September, I'd be ecstatic.

Nice win tonight.

I wouldn't say I always happy with how the road trip played out but not dissapointed either. Took 2 of 3 for a decent mariners team and split the 4 game set with Milwaukee. Would've been nice for them to have taken the San Diego series though.

But they've been playing decent lately. My goal for them this year has been .500 or a few games over just so that its not another losing season.

On another note, ill be in the city for most of August so it will be good to catch a few games while I'm out there.

Back
Top Bottom