NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

Getting to .500 should be priority before you talk about wild card.

But with that said, our pitching is amazing.

Next year: Harvey, Degrom, Niese, Wheeler, Gee, Thor

Bullpen: Familia & Mejia

I think if we get another good bat in there next year we can be a playoff team. Unfortunately, there aren't too many of those available. Alex Rios or Melky Cabrera could be nice fits

Next year: Harvey, Degrom, Niese, Wheeler, Gee, Thor

Bullpen: Familia & Mejia

I think if we get another good bat in there next year we can be a playoff team. Unfortunately, there aren't too many of those available. Alex Rios or Melky Cabrera could be nice fits
I'd put money on it at least one of those starters is gone.  Doubt anything will happen with Colon because they don't want to eat (pun?) any of his salary.

I'm not sold on the Tulo idea because of what we'd have to give up + his remaining contract...only because of him being 29 and seemingly always missing 1/4 of the season.  What are his Colorado/Away splits like?  That could be another concern.  Would be awesome otherwise, I just see him coming to the Mets and starting a downward spiral like so many big contracts we've had lately.  

To get Stanton, wish I'd still consider doing, we'd have to give up the house. Like a huge chunk of our farm system and stuff.

I'd put money on it at least one of those starters is gone.  Doubt anything will happen with Colon because they don't want to eat (pun?) any of his salary.

I'm not sold on the Tulo idea because of what we'd have to give up + his remaining contract...only because of him being 29 and seemingly always missing 1/4 of the season.  What are his Colorado/Away splits like?  That could be another concern.  Would be awesome otherwise, I just see him coming to the Mets and starting a downward spiral like so many big contracts we've had lately.  

No to tulo as you mentioned. Always hurt. Just bad luck

To get Stanton, wish I'd still consider doing, we'd have to give up the house. Like a huge chunk of our farm system and stuff.

I was think via FA. Not sure when his contract is up though

Lucas Duda is in the zone right now. :pimp: Alderson made the right choice for choosing Duda over Ike. Wheeler looks comfortable on the mound lately. Went from 4.45 era to 3.60 era in a month. I am really excited about our youth development.

Duda showing that power!
nthat.gif

Will they ever let Flores just play everyday?

Not the Mets, if that's what you're asking. Two arbitration years left and the contract he would sign now or in a year or two probably would not take him into any decline years. Always thought Boston would end up with him. Prospects and money.

Nah, was more so who else could be in play. I'm not keen on trading Thor, but Stanton is one of the few bats I'd give serious thought to.

Biggest problem there is that they'd probably want your top two arms and a couple bats in return. Loria is a moron but not that big of a moron :lol:

Trade wise, it has gotta be high end talent + big payroll. Free agency...who knows.

Duda is shocking me with the power stroke. The way he's seeing first pitches and attacking the baseball. And I was largely in the camp to keep Ike over Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom