New York Yankees Official Thread - at O’s, 19-10

Are we getting our city connect jerseys this year? I need a Stroman jersey but gonna wait for something different.

Is it fallen when all the other teams are throwing out huge money deals now?
Yes. This is 2009, we were 33% higher than any other team in baseball. We'll be far behind the Dodgers now when you factor in the deferred money.

1705688718236.png

That's also not falling though lol. Teams in general are throwing out huge money deals. Yankees didn't for a stretch to reset the tax and are currently well over $300 mil, but have fallen.

the have fallen was sarcasm.
Going from 33% higher than anyone in the league, 50% higher than 3rd, to a distant 3rd at best isn't falling?

We're not the big spenders we used to be. There's no argument against that statement.

I mean we're not the Rays but we're not what we used to be either. We've definitely been caught and passed in spending and the gap to the rest has been shortened.

So we're ignoring the fact that we didn't spend to reset the tax and the crazy contracts teams have been throwing out with all the tv money? A lot of that "falling" occurred while they were trying to get under that $175 threshold so they could spend without the huge repeater tax that kept increasing. It also allowed them to restock a baron farm system.

Sense then though, they have spent and have a 300+ mil payroll. The term fallen in this instance was used because Yamamoto didn't sign here. Like the Yankees had fallen because they stingy and didn't throw him a huge offer. Except they did. They threw him more money up front and an earlier opt out than the Dodgers.

So we're ignoring the fact that we didn't spend to reset the tax and the crazy contracts teams have been throwing out with all the tv money? A lot of that "falling" occurred while they were trying to get under that $175 threshold so they could spend without the huge repeater tax that kept increasing. It also allowed them to restock a baron farm system.

Sense then though, they have spent and have a 300+ mil payroll. The term fallen in this instance was used because Yamamoto didn't sign here. Like the Yankees had fallen because they stingy and didn't throw him a huge offer. Except they did. They threw him more money up front and an earlier opt out than the Dodgers.
I'm not ignoring anything. I understand the reasoning behind it but we've still fallen in the spending category. I really don't get the argument here. It's simply numbers. We used to be far and away the #1 payroll and now we aren't.

I'm not ignoring anything. I understand the reasoning behind it but we've still fallen in the spending category. I really don't get the argument here. It's simply numbers. We used to be far and away the #1 payroll and now we aren't.
The fallen statement, again, wasn't initially used in here because of payroll. That's what you used.

Back
Top Bottom