New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Twins; 42-19 - Cole rehab start

thank god :smokin

they need to egg Chad Green's hotel room. matter fact, he should just sleep at Camden in a broom closet with nothing but a cup of tabacco spit to drink ... :smh:

It’s good to win some games but barely scoring against this terrible team is bad. Blue Jays just put up NBA numbers on them and we’re barely scoring.

judge and stanton and surprisingly el gary is putting up work.. its the rest of the guys that arent playing up to par like gleyber/urshella /DJ and of course green which looks nothing like the pitcher he was a couple yrs back

I wanna blame Gary's defense but with the rain and all ... a major league catcher still makes those play imo, literally cost us a win. Holmes pitched good but the rain cost him his control. Sanchez still gotta catch those man.

wonder if we made the playoffs does Boone use Higashioka and DH Sanchez or just bench him cause of defense ....

It was 3 wild pitches in the span of 2 batters. Rain playing a huge factor. His location was all over. The passed ball was supposed to be a low fastball and he threw it well off the plate high and away. Any catcher getting all 3 of those wild pitches is pure luck and it’s impossible to say Higgy gets them either.

What cost us the win is 2 runs in a 10 inning game. The Wild Pitch wasn’t even the game winning run.

I contend Yankees are 7-8 games better if they kept Tanaka, and didn’t trade Cessa just to get out of Justin Wilson’s contract for luxury tax reasons.

Having Cessa the last two months, probably adds a couple of wins just by having a reliable bullpen arm.

But Yankees are desperate for that $5-6mil :stoneface:

I feel that hitting has been a lot worse. It seems like everyone besides Stanton and Judge have regressed, every time there's a rally we hit into a double play :lol: :smh: (or that's what it feels like)

True. And the staff has propped up the hitters for a while. But not having reliable starters and not enough arms in the pen has done them in at this point.

But if we’re going for who has hurt the team the most on the offensive side. It’s DJ for me. Not sure how you go from who he has been for the last 2 years to whatever the hell he is this year. I’m starting to feel we got bamboozled into this contract.

Last edited:
dam Gallo benched again ? why the hell did we even trade for this guy ? he needs this much rest down the stretch ? Boone really likes Gardner better over him ?

lotta question marks, i know :lol: :smh:

I contend Yankees are 7-8 games better if they kept Tanaka, and didn’t trade Cessa just to get out of Justin Wilson’s contract for luxury tax reasons.

Having Cessa the last two months, probably adds a couple of wins just by having a reliable bullpen arm.

But Yankees are desperate for that $5-6mil :stoneface:
We'd be better but no way would those 2 add 8 games. Not even Cole is worth that much. 2-3 games max.

True. And the staff has propped up the hitters for a while. But not having reliable starters and not enough arms in the pen has done them in at this point.

But if we’re going for who has hurt the team the most on the offensive side. It’s DJ for me. Not sure how you go from who he has been for the last 2 years to whatever the hell he is this year. I’m starting to feel we got bamboozled into this contract.
DJ has has a down year from the last 2 years but he's still at least league average at the plate. Gleyber has been just awful. I can't recall a player that fell off as much as he has the last few years while still in their prime when no injury was involved. It makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom