New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Twins; 42-19 - Cole rehab start

I think the Yanks are gonna go after Correa, just a real hunch
Yea Correa to one of the NY teams has been rumored for a while. I'd prefer Story bc of Correa’s injury history but anything is better than what we had this year.

Gonna be Andrelton. I don’t trust Hal to spend money consistently
Na we'll definitely get 1 of Story, Correa, or Seager. Seems like Hal is OK with the splash signings, its the mid tier signing to be a #3 SP that he won't spend for.

Damn that looks bad. I mean I get we're still one of the top spenders but we should be far and away the biggest spender. We used to spend so much that it covered bad signings and gave us a deep bench and staff to account for injuries. Now we get injuries and we're throwing kids out there that should be in AA.

How I think it should go.

C - Sanchez (I’m fine with a quality catcher replacing him, but I need someone who isn’t a 70 OPS+ guy, either find someone who is league average hitting and above average fielding, move Gary to backup C, DH and PH) But because I don’t think they will find it, Gary back at C it is for me.
1B- Voit
2B - Torres
3B - Gio
SS - Correa
UTL - DJL
LF - Giancarlo
CF - Marte
RF - Judge
UTL OF - Hicks
DH - Revolving Door for rest and days off.

Higgy and Gallo for pitching. Depth or prospects.

SP
Cole.
At the very least a 2. But a 3 would be important too, but if they’re confident in Sevy being a middle rotation guy, I’m fine. Kind of.

Bullpen
Leave as is pretty much.

Last edited:
That lineup is very right handed heavy. Only left you have is Hicks (switch) and you have him as back up. Going to need to either keep Gallo or resign Rizzo and flip Voit for pitching. Have an extremely friendly left handed hitting park and running out an all righty lineup.

Huge concern flipping Voit then paying Rizzo for 3-4 years when he’s already declining.
Obviously you have injury concerns with Voit. But I wouldn’t flip him to sign a lesser player on a multi year deal, just to have 1 lefty bat.

Unless they sign Seager, it’s going to be righty dominated for a few years.

Gallo is fine, but Stanton should be in the field as much as he DH’s.

Just need Hicks and Gary gone. Willing to give Gallo another shot. Sick of hearing Hicks will be ready by this date only to get hurt again 2 weeks after he’s “Healthy”.

essential1 essential1 I respect your homer for Gary but I think most people are just over him. Zero chance he'll be a backup. Why keep him as a PH when he can't hit? If they sign someone, he's gone. Hell they almost non-tendered him last year.

I think he stays. But find a better catcher, and put that guy there and I can live with it.
Ill continue to maintain how bad the catching position is. And it could be so much worse.

To be perfectly honest, based on Cashman’s quotes, other than Judge, Stanton and Gleyber, no one SHOULD be safe. But I expect 1 new guy in the lineup next year.
(I’m seriously hoping DJ is moved to utility guy because everyday first baseman puts us behind the 8Ball, and if he’s more Colorado than 2019 Yankees, and it wasn’t injuries, it’s going to big problem for the team)

Last edited:
I think he stays. But find a better catcher, and put that guy there and I can live with it.
Ill continue to maintain how bad the catching position is. And it could be so much worse.

To be perfectly honest, based on Cashman’s quotes, other than Judge, Stanton and Gleyber, no one SHOULD be safe. But I expect 1 new guy in the lineup next year.
(I’m seriously hoping DJ is moved to utility guy because everyday first baseman puts us behind the 8Ball, and if he’s more Colorado than 2019 Yankees, and it wasn’t injuries, it’s going to big problem for the team)
There's not a lot out there for catching, but we need a change there. Even if it's just for defense, we need a change. Gary has become a cancer with his laziness and nonchalant body language. He just doesn't seem to give a **** and his AB's and lack of desire to block balls show it. Ill take someone like Pina or Gomes at this point.

I don’t know. Rizzo was solid at first after the trade then got COVID. Solid veteran presence.

If not resigning Rizzo, you could package Voit with a prospect or two to Oakland for a lefty bat like Olsen who’s going in to the last year before becoming a free agent. Man hit .271, 39HR, 111 RBI, and had a .911 OPS. Everyone knows Oakland’s not going to pay him. You package Voit with some prospects, maybe you can get an Olsen and a pitcher like Sean Manaea.

I don’t think you can just sit back and say, “hey we’re going to be righty dominant for a few years so let’s sit tight.” You’re essentially putting yourself in a whole/position to be where you were last year at the deadline, having to acquire multiple lefty bats and depleting your farm system at the deadline.

i agree the righty lineup is too much and thats prally why they went hard for gallo and rizzo... i dont like either one to be honest.. gallo strikes out too much and rizzo is on the decline...i want them to get seager for SS and pick up some starting pitching... i wouldnt be opposed to trading gleybar since DJ will play 2nd anyway... i just hope DJ comes back to his usual self...a lot of the other guys can go to gary, hicks and gardy... id keep gary out of those 3 just because theres no good catchers available... shoulda signed JT last season but too late now lol..

I don’t know. Rizzo was solid at first after the trade then got COVID. Solid veteran presence.

If not resigning Rizzo, you could package Voit with a prospect or two to Oakland for a lefty bat like Olsen who’s going in to the last year before becoming a free agent. Man hit .271, 39HR, 111 RBI, and had a .911 OPS. Everyone knows Oakland’s not going to pay him. You package Voit with some prospects, maybe you can get an Olsen and a pitcher like Sean Manaea.

Olson isn’t a free agent until 2024. Next year is his first arbitration year.

My argument against DJ as the everyday 1B is this
6DC24F2C-ACA3-4C5E-B221-0AD7FE67BE40.png

That’s only qualified plate appearance guys, there was actually 40 guys who played a majority of their time at 1B to hit for more power than DJ.

1B and DH are two spots that if you’re not getting power production, it becomes a drain on your offense.

I could live with Rizzo, but on the offensive side, Rizzo doesn’t do anything better than Voit right now.
Staying healthy, defense and left handed bat that’s what he has over Voit.
But is that worth 3-4 years $40mil+ total when you’re going to get diminishing returns, and Voit isn’t a FA until 2025

Olson isn’t a free agent until 2024. Next year is his first arbitration year.

still someone you can go get and who Oakland is not going to want to pay. That relationship with Voit looked fractured. He was clearly not happy and might be best for both parties to start new.

still someone you can go get and who Oakland is not going to want to pay. That relationship with Voit looked fractured. He was clearly not happy and might be best for both parties to start new.

Pass. Great fit. But there’s no reason for Oakland to deal him this year.
Also say they were, Yankees would have to part with a ton just to compete with the teams that would be in, and I don’t think the Yankees have it

My argument against DJ as the everyday 1B is this
6DC24F2C-ACA3-4C5E-B221-0AD7FE67BE40.png

That’s only qualified plate appearance guys, there was actually 40 guys who played a majority of their time at 1B to hit for more power than DJ.

1B and DH are two spots that if you’re not getting power production, it becomes a drain on your offense.

I could live with Rizzo, but on the offensive side, Rizzo doesn’t do anything better than Voit right now.
Staying healthy, defense and left handed bat that’s what he has over Voit.
But is that worth 3-4 years $40mil+ total?

one word. Availability. Voit misses a ton of time each year and your forced to put DJ out at 1st. Which you said you don’t want. You may feel not having a left handed bat is important but it was their biggest flaw in their lineup for most of the year. Hence, why they went out and got Gallo and Rizzo. Plus you have a park tailor made for lefty’s. Have to start playing to your advantages.

Pass. Great fit. But there’s no reason for Oakland to deal him this year.
Also say they were, Yankees would have to part with a ton just to compete with the teams that would be in, and I don’t think the Yankees have it

because he’s about to enter arbitration. Meaning they’re going to have to start actually paying him And they‘re notorious for unloading their players when it’s time for that.

Back
Top Bottom