New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Twins; 42-19 - Cole rehab start

We have a bunch of guys now and have had a bunch of guys in the past who were legitimately terrible human beings.

The line at Correa is a bad one.

At the very least for half the contract he is the perfect fit for this team and the city.
You're right, he'll miss 50 games and fit right in.

But it seems like the earlier tweet was premature.

Is Donaldson better than Gio at this point? No
Is IKF better than the options at SS? No
Is Higgy better than Gary? No

Made a trade and somehow got worse at 3 positions

Can’t even say they are trying to shed salary while Donaldson makes more than both of them. Getting older at 3rd, no hitting at SS (rather have Didi).Donaldson gets injured every other year but not in a contract year. Torres may be the next one out or get his stuff together bc Peraza and Volpe (either SS/2B) are coming sooner than you think

The Catcher they got from the Twins played over 300 games in the minors. .670 OPS

IKF can’t hit.

And Donaldson is on the bad side of 30

What a pointless trade

Last edited:
As garbage as sanchez has been lately you don’t trade him for old as Donaldson…is he even good? Trade is terrible

Glad Sanchez is gone. I guess IKF is the stop gap to Volpe? Lol if they're going to have Rortvedt at catcher. Urshella was pretty damn solid in 20 and 21, not really a fan of giving him up. Not certain Donaldson will be an upgrade over him and Urshela is much younger and cheaper. Don't feel overly strong about the deal either way. Some pros, some cons. Would have preferred they just cut Gary and signed whatever catcher they could.

Donaldson is a jerk

I'll miss Gary and Gio. Especially Gio's glove

Don't like this deal at all ...

I am not a fan of this as well. Guess we’ll see how this plays out but damn Urshela was a one of a kind glove.

Always wished things would work out with Sanchez but know this was for the better. it’s crazy looking back to 2017 what we thought his Yankee trajectory would be compared to now :ohwell:

Olson to the Braves for their top 2 prospects, both top 50-ish. We'd had to have given up Volpe or Dominguez to beat that. Maybe Peraza and 2-3 tier B prospects but we don't have 2 top guys I'd be ok giving up for Olson.

Back
Top Bottom