New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Twins; 42-19 - Cole rehab start

I feel like we always have some wild games in Minnesota :lol:
Saw this the other day. We own them lol. This is a 120 win pace over 162 games.

The Yankees (40-15) lead the major leagues with the best 55-game record in baseball since Seattle in 2001. That's actually a lower winning percentage than the astounding 110-38 record the Yankees have built, including the playoffs, against the Twins since 2002. They are 32-12 all-time at Target Field, which the Twins opened in 2010.

703 hwy 703 hwy did you enjoy the game last night?
1654874720594.jpeg

Loved it

FB_IMG_1654877455546.jpg

This lil red headed stepchild wanna talk now. Hope the creatures hand this guy his *** this weekend.

Wasn’t he having vision issues due to a concussion he got with us and the yanks were doing everything they could to help him?

Jesus I’m glad I missed this game. 2 runs, 13 innings.
Trevino is upgraded to a very nice Hill. A Hank Hill with propane and propane accessories if you will.

Also they need to replace Higashioka as the backup. Say what you will about hitting and catchers. But a .399 OPS is like 10 levels beyond embarrassing

Before today there were 317 guys with 90ABs. Higgy’s OPS was 317th. And that was coming into today with a .422 OPS.

Finals on so this game def missed but damn these are the types of wins you love to see.

Jesus I’m glad I missed this game. 2 runs, 13 innings.
Trevino is upgraded to a very nice Hill. A Hank Hill with propane and propane accessories if you will.

Also they need to replace Higashioka as the backup. Say what you will about hitting and catchers. But a .399 OPS is like 10 levels beyond embarrassing

Before today there were 317 guys with 90ABs. Higgy’s OPS was 317th. And that was coming into today with a .422 OPS.
Higgy is fine as a backup C, Trevino just needs to be starting 75% of the time. But hell I'm all for not changing **** right now lol. .724 winning % is a 117 win pace. Didn't expect this team to be this good. Hope we can keep it going.

Higgy is fine as a backup C, Trevino just needs to be starting 75% of the time. But hell I'm all for not changing **** right now lol. .724 winning % is a 117 win pace. Didn't expect this team to be this good. Hope we can keep it going.

He’s not fine as a backup, especially with how Boone manages catchers.
He’s started 12 of the last 27 games. Played in 15 games in that time frame. Has 42 plate appearances to Trevino’s 57. Since May 26th, Trevino 30 PA to Higgy’s 21.
If it was him playing once every 2 weeks, sure. No big deal. But it’s him playing twice a week so far consistently and there hasn’t been any stretch of games where Higgy has been useful. And regardless of his production, he will still get consistent playing time.

Why it is a cause for concern…
Trevino has never played a full season. that’s a cause for concerns. He’s never played this well, that’s a cause for concern. He’s been GREAT, but if he hits the injury bug, or comes back to earth, it’s going to have an impact. No matter what the win percentage is right now.

To put it in context of how bad he has been, Roger Clemens had a .443 OPS in his career. And his OPS+ is a 17. To Higgy’s 18 OPS+ this year.

And if we talk win % and pace. Team is .100 win percentage worse when Higgy starts.

He’s not fine as a backup, especially with how Boone manages catchers.
He’s started 12 of the last 27 games. Played in 15 games in that time frame. Has 42 plate appearances to Trevino’s 57. Since May 26th, Trevino 30 PA to Higgy’s 21.
If it was him playing once every 2 weeks, sure. No big deal. But it’s him playing twice a week so far consistently and there hasn’t been any stretch of games where Higgy has been useful. And regardless of his production, he will still get consistent playing time.

Why it is a cause for concern…
Trevino has never played a full season. that’s a cause for concerns. He’s never played this well, that’s a cause for concern. He’s been GREAT, but if he hits the injury bug, or comes back to earth, it’s going to have an impact. No matter what the win percentage is right now.

To put it in context of how bad he has been, Roger Clemens had a .443 OPS in his career. And his OPS+ is a 17. To Higgy’s 18 OPS+ this year.

And if we talk win % and pace. Team is .100 win percentage worse when Higgy starts.
Backup catchers play more than almost all of other backups bc of the beating the position takes. Idc if he's a hole in the lineup, don't mess with a single thing with this pitching staff and catching lineup. I know you think catchers don't matter defensively so not getting into that again but no way we make any changes in that area, and for good reason. Don't mess with a great thing. We're top 5 in runs, we can deal with a hole of a bat as backup catchers.

Plus we don't know what he adds in gameplanning and pitch sequences. He may not play any role, idk, but like I said, don't change a single thing with this staff. I want them wearing the same socks at this point.

I wouldn’t change anything there unless Trevino comes way back down (although that’s who he was in high school and after here in south Texas lol), and the only place I’d look would be Contreras. That’s probably the only real offensive upgrade at the position.

Back
Top Bottom