New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Twins; 42-19 - Cole rehab start

Tough one

79CFDE5E-467D-4B94-830A-BB32997F5226.jpeg

These are the things that I’ve been worried about all year. Even when they were great.

The bottom half of the lineup just isn’t good. No they do not need to be MVPs, hit 40 HRs in each lineup spot. But between Donaldson, IKF, Hicks, Trevino/Higgashioka and the stint of Gallo is half of our everyday lineup has 45 Homeruns in over 1500 at bats.
ISO power Donaldson is 29th of 47- 3B who have 150 PA. Hicks 48 of 55-CFs who have 150 PA. IKF is 39 of 40- SS. Ironically all of the power is from the catchers 13th and 20th respectively ISO

You can be happy with what Trevino has done. He’s been good. IKF would be passable only as the 9 hole. But when Donaldson, Hicks and Gallo performed the way they have on average this year, it lessens the impact of everyone down the order. Luckily Gallo is gone. For example, Trevino’s year has less impact even though he’s been really good, and IKF being contact only means very little more often than not.
If Donaldson and Hicks could be good consistently, then the lineup is great. Otherwise, it isn’t. And that’s where we find ourselves right now.

Carpenter injury ends a HUGE safety net.

If either of those 2 (JD and Hicks) can’t play to a decent level in August September or October, I would move almost every prospect outside of the Big 3 to get them off the team for 2023

Last edited:
I mean Sevy does. And Carpenter even being 50% of what he was would be a huge help. Otherwise ehhh

But that might just be because Sevy is a true a through homegrown guy.

I was shocked too when i heard. The night at met Jeter and the China Club, he was with Gerald Williams. I actually was talkin to Gerald before i noticed who he was with :lol:

This was when Milwaukee was still in the AL and the Yanks had just gotten home that Sunday. Cool dude, joked around and all that. Jeter was a rookie that yr. I told him "u know u got that rookie of the yr sh*t bagged right" , he just said "chill don't jinx me" :smokin

Was definitely shocked when he passed ....

Half stake ownership in the team.

Give it to him.

Talk about betting on yourself and winning. Even if he stopped playing for the next month and a half, still would probably get close to $300mil if not over.

So Chapman has a great 8th inning with only 10 pitches, why not bring him back out instead of Clay Holmes who has clearly lost it? I don’t understand why they keep putting him out there. He’s been awful.

So Chapman has a great 8th inning with only 10 pitches, why not bring him back out instead of Clay Holmes who has clearly lost it? I don’t understand why they keep putting him out there. He’s been awful.

My guess is don’t want to change it with Chap. If he gives you a good inning. You walk away. Any ****ty outing could completely derail him.

But he should go back to the 9th role.

My guess is don’t want to change it with Chap. If he gives you a good inning. You walk away. Any ****ty outing could completely derail him.

But he should go back to the 9th role.

I get that but we’re at the point where Clay Holmes can’t come out there. As soon as we see him, we know the lead is gone. Reminds me of when Chad Green lost it and was sent down to fix himself. Clay gotta go away for a bit.

And those bullpen arms we traded for been trash.

Beni been trash too, **** him

I get that but we’re at the point where Clay Holmes can’t come out there. As soon as we see him, we know the lead is gone. Reminds me of when Chad Green lost it and was sent down to fix himself. Clay gotta go away for a bit.

Oh I agree. Chap is the 9th inning guy again.

But unless it’s playoff time. You cash in those chips after 1 inning if he was good. Too much risk and we need him too much to not slow play him until we’re certain he is regularly Chap.

Clay the answer probably is to sit him or send him down for a couple weeks.

And those bullpen arms we traded for been trash.

Beni been trash too, **** him
Idk man this seems a little overboard. Yes, he's had 4 bad outings in his last time 5 but you can't just give up on him after the season he's had. He'd had scoreless outings in 12 of 13 prior to these last 5. Idk what's going on but hopefully him and Blake can figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom