New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Twins; 42-19 - Cole rehab start

something similar could be said about Chapman he started with 12 scoreless outings.
5 in a row really really bad ones. Got injured.
Then mixed bag after coming back. Up until he figured something out. Scoreless last 8 outings.
Clay got the ball because he was hot and Chapman wasn’t plus injury, now the opposite is true

The majority of Clay’s huge run was high leverage 7&8. Continuing on last year success
In context since he became the legit closer where Chapman came back and his job was gone on July 2nd (I don’t disagree with that decision)…. Clay has 13 games, 3 saves 3 blown saves. 12IP, 11H, 9BB, 10ER, 13Ks. A 1.75WHIP for a closer is a sign something isn’t working because he’s getting hit and can’t locate either and until it is, has to go back to the old role.

Chapman’s worst 13 outings stretch was May 11 to July 22 with an injury in between.
10IP, 13H, 10BB, 13ER, 13Ks. 2.3WHIP
Since then 8IP in 8 outings. 3H, 1BB, 8Ks

What Clay is going through right now is pretty close to Chapman’s worst stretch this year.

Last edited:
major-league.gif

Isn’t it crazy that IKF’s dad told the boys at Jomboy media he wanted to square up for talking **** about his son and then IKF follows up with literally his best game in his Yankee career. Baseball

Isn’t it crazy that IKF’s dad told the boys at Jomboy media he wanted to square up for talking **** about his son and then IKF follows up with literally his best game in his Yankee career. Baseball

“That’s baseball, Suzyn”

Also Sterling’s homerun call for IKF was hilarious.

These boys gotta stop losing these close games.

The arms will have their ups and downs but timely hitting is the real villain here.

Tempted to go to a game despite my fears of crowds pos-covid.

nice to see this kinda energy. Hopefully wakes these guys up a lil.

Hate to say it but Hicks needs to clean the bathrooms in Yankee Stadium now to earn his pay. Dude is completely lost and we can't just throw him out there anymore cause he makes alotta money. When Bader gets here Hicks needs to be toweling sweat off Judge in the Dugout for the next couple yrs, fillin Gatorade, whatever keeps him outta the box fannin a breeze on a hot night :smh:

nice to see this kinda energy. Hopefully wakes these guys up a lil.

Hate to say it but Hicks needs to clean the bathrooms in Yankee Stadium now to earn his pay. Dude is completely lost and we can't just throw him out there anymore cause he makes alotta money. When Bader gets here Hicks needs to be toweling sweat off Judge in the Dugout for the next couple yrs, fillin Gatorade, whatever keeps him outta the box fannin a breeze on a hot night :smh:

Yea I think Bader in CF is a given. Benintendi in LF and Judge in RF. Hicks will be the 4th OF, which is fine. Stanton will get some run in LF/RF too so Hicks won't have much playing time available.

They were looking to deal Hicks at the deadline. If Benintendi’s bat is waking up like it looks like it is, wouldn’t mind keeping him. Bader is definitely the play in CF.

This lineup tonight is bad. Punting on a couple spots is ok, but 4?

Screenshot_20220814-201935_MLB.jpg

Throw in Donaldson at 3. Not even remotely trying.

I get it happens over 162, and regular season doesn’t matter. But it drives me nuts. They did it last year for a Tigers series and that probably was the difference between winning and losing a Wild Card game last year.

In the past 2 years Nolan, Trea Turner, Soto, Manny, Bryce, Freeman,Mookie, Scherzer,Bell and more were all available in one way or another and the most valuable team in Baseball ends up with Josh Donaldson, IKF and a hurt CF named Bader.

Only this team can make a season that we’re 29 games above .500 with a 10 game lead in august somehow feel exhausting and frustrating. I try not to trip too much but damn. I’m not asking for much just a little series win would be nice 😩

On a side note, a 2 hour 15 minute long yankee Red Sox game is nuts

Back
Top Bottom