New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Dodgers; 45-20 - Soto out of lineup

Kevin Kiermaier talking about that he likes playing in Yankee Stadium.

Not a bad stop gap for Martian.

not-convinced.gif

Florial, Dominguez, Judge, Cabrera for OF next season? With Pereira filling in too?

Volpe, Peraza, DJ, Gleyber and Rizzo in IF

Wells and ? At C

now all of a sudden Hicks is healthy and playing like an All Star?! Our whole training staff needs to go

The final report will be data-driven and purely objective. None of it bodes well for the Yankees’ analytics department, which is obsessed with exit velocity and spin rates, and has advised GM Brian Cashman to make disastrous trades for Joey Gallo, Josh Donaldson and Frankie Montas, among others.

Did you not realize that Joey Gallo cannot hit the ball?

You knew Frankie Montas was on the IL with shoulder inflammation when you traded for him, right?

Jordan Montgomery really had no place in the playoff rotation?

Three words: Isiah Kiner-Falefa. Three more: What the f–k?

Then the silent one, who is actually a rabid Yankees fan, lunges across the table and grabs one of the geeks by his Patagonia vest and starts screaming, “BRYCE HARPER! BRYCE HARPER! SHORT PORCH! SHORT PORCH!”

I think people that don't understand analytics are treating it as a boogeyman. Analytics just supplies data. How that is processed is on the organization. The bigger issue is why players perform better before and after NY than they do in NY. "They can't handle the pressure!" has always been a bull**** excuse. You want to know what the issues are? Go talk to Gallo, who had a decent season this year and being horrific in NY. Go talk to Aaron Hicks, who put together 60+ games at near all-star level after not being able to hit a baseball in NY. Go ask Sonny Gray. The list goes on and on.

And yea, in retrospect, that Montgomery trade was awful. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, hoping Montas would be as good as him and adding a CF would help but it went all bad. Both players we acquired went south after we got them and it all ended up bad.

I think people that don't understand analytics are treating it as a boogeyman. Analytics just supplies data. How that is processed is on the organization. The bigger issue is why players perform better before and after NY than they do in NY. "They can't handle the pressure!" has always been a bull**** excuse. You want to know what the issues are? Go talk to Gallo, who had a decent season this year and being horrific in NY. Go talk to Aaron Hicks, who put together 60+ games at near all-star level after not being able to hit a baseball in NY. Go ask Sonny Gray. The list goes on and on.
Hicks and Sonny I can understand but Joey been awful!

And yea, in retrospect, that Montgomery trade was awful. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, hoping Montas would be as good as him and adding a CF would help but it went all bad. Both players we acquired went south after we got them and it all ended up bad.
I understand the optimism on those trades but a majority of us knew that Monty trade was bad and the Montas trade even worse. And you can’t even say both of those players went south per se because they were known injury risks and couldn’t stay of the IL. Bader offensive numbers weren’t really good with the Cardinals and he was in a walking boot. A pitcher with shoulder problems coming off the IL pitching in a “hitters” ball park was never a smart move. Our guys stay hurt but let’s go ahead and add 2 injury prone players hoping that they stay healthy :lol:

And regardless what anyone says, going from low to no pressure pitching in a pitchers park to high pressure pitching in a hitters park will definitely shake some Pitchers. Athletes are human and pressure gets to most Humans. That’s why some athletes excel in the playoffs and some don’t. Isn’t it called “pressure” situations for a reason?

Hicks and Sonny I can understand but Joey been awful!
I wouldn't say he's been good but he's been much better than he was in NY. He was slightly above league average this year at the plate. He was serviceable this year, not so much with us.

Back
Top Bottom