New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Twins; 42-19 - Cole rehab start

What a disaster of an interview. Sheesh, that was really really bad. Super defensive and trying to justify a horrific season with bs excuses and then "don't you dare accuse us of basing decision on facts, na we go off feel!" Maybe that's why teams like the Rays and O's are way ahead of us.

Time for the old head to go.

Still can’t believe this Cat didn’t own up to making risky trades and signings that didn’t pan out and blamed Injuries instead. He’s not Humble, he thinks all his trades and signings are great and never admits he made a mistake.

Still can’t believe this Cat didn’t own up to making risky trades and signings that didn’t pan out and blamed Injuries instead. He’s not Humble, he thinks all his trades and signings are great and never admits he made a mistake.
I've said it before, I don't have an issue with some of the trades. Them being worse with us than they were before or after is the issue. But that falls on Cashman too. The Bader/Montgomery trade was just bad, no other way to put it.

Mans realy got up there and was proud to say we have the smallest analystics department in the AL East like that's a good thing. It all makes sense now.

1699456121241.png
1699456135946.png
1699456141335.png
1699456178150.png
1699456155721.png

1699456085154.png

SHEESH

- The 2023 season was the first time during Cashman’s tenure that he finally felt some heat, yet he decided to go on the offensive and defend a front office and process that has produced nothing for nearly 15 years. This is a team that has not developed ONE legitimate No. 1 or No. 2 starting pitcher in Cashman’s entire tenure. Actually, they developed Jordan Montgomery but then traded him to the Cardinals for Harrison Bader, who ended up getting placed on waivers by the Yankees.

- It would also be helpful if Cashman read the room a little bit. The last thing any Yankees fan wanted to hear Tuesday was Cashman actually trying to pat himself on the back for acquiring Gallo.

Here was what Gallo did for the Yankees in 2022 before being released: 82 games, .159 batting average, 106 strikeouts, 12 home runs, 24 RBIs.

And Cashman is trying to spin the narrative that he made a good move in acquiring Gallo? Mind-boggling.

Im confused, a couple seasons ago it seemed like we were too overly reliant on analytics and were trying too much to be like the Rays, and all of Aaron Boone’s decisions were coming from the analytics department - now its ‘we have the smallest analytics department in the AL EAST’ … which is it ??

Im confused, a couple seasons ago it seemed like we were too overly reliant on analytics and were trying too much to be like the Rays, and all of Aaron Boone’s decisions were coming from the analytics department - now its ‘we have the smallest analytics department in the AL EAST’ … which is it ??
I don't think anyone knows for sure. I think that was everyone's rationalization for things going bad and looking for something to blame and and Cashman is now just all "Na man it's not analytics, we don't like that ****. We go off vibes!" Absolutely wild he came out with "I know y'all blame this, but we don't do this!" when we're talking about just using data to make decisions.

Maybe we need to go off less vibes, more data.

If they are going off “vibes” like Cashman said then he and Boone need to be fired. “Vibes” is what you feel and both of you have been terrible with your “Vibes” so own up to it!

Joe Torre told us years ago, Cashman primarily followed analytics. One of the man reasons he wanted Joe gone.

I mean his sideline antics this season left a lot to be desired. I understand the frustration but the show got old quick.

Speaking of managers, I'd be lying if I said Bochy didn't have me questioning my opinion that they aren't that important. Dude has 4 rings and none of those teams have won 95 games. He's doing something right in October.

hahahahaha well played

This was a gift, and I was 12, but still well played.

I caught a foul ball at a Yankees game before. Put it in my ex -girls purse.

The next night we ran into Bernie Williams at a bar and she went up to him to get it signed.

I told her “thanks, but you shouldn’t have bothered him. He’s plastered on the bar stool”. :lol:

I just let her have it.

i want Gleyber here man. last thing i'd wanna see is him hittin 45 bombs in that little league park in Boston, let alone trade wit em ..

just keep him ...

I'm cool with it if they use the money they'd spend to re-sign him on Soto or Ohtani. If it's just to save money, **** Hal.

Back
Top Bottom