New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

How about Rocco Baldelli as our CF (or 4th Outfielder) for the 09' season?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/rocco-baldelli.htmlhttp://www.mlbtraderumors...08/12/rocco-baldelli.html

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/st/archives/2008/12/3_up_putz_made.htmlhttp://blogs.nypost.com/s...08/12/3_up_putz_made.html ... says that According to the New York Post, the Yankees are among "at least a half-dozen teams" talking to Rocco Baldelli. Along with theYankees, the Rays, Phillies and Red Sox are said to be in the mix for Baldelli.

I think it would be a good signing, although we already have Gardner, Swisher, and Melky (which by the way,I think that Melky/Cameron deal is dead, at least that's how the Brewers view it).

^^^i wouldnt mind baldelli.......he could be a sleeper pick up......

i was reading that kenny lofton was trying to get sabathia not to come to ny.....that schmuck

[h1]Mike Cameron-to-Yankees Dead?[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 17 at 6:07pm CST]

6:07pm: KatO'Brien just got off the phone with Brewers GM Doug Melvin:
He said: "Nothing new. At this point, I don't anticipate it's something that we would (do). ... I haven't talked to Brian (Cashman) since last week." Melvin said they had originally looked at moving Cameron to gain some flexibility on the pitching front but that is no longer such a need.

Melvin added that trading Cameron was "not something that we're pushing at this time." Sounds like it's dead. (For now,anyway.)

now i know i was one of the main people saying i did'nt want CC here, but those pics got me hype
laugh.gif
i'm gonna go on record here and admit thati'm an a-hole .

team yankees you have my sincere apologies, especially tbone
laugh.gif

lookin forward to that press conference tomorrow ............

Good, I'm glad the Melky deal is dead. I hated the sound of trading him away for Cameron.

Seriously though, Ca$h Money, pull the trigger on Manny.

What's the world on Pettite on that 10 million? Ben Sheets?

Burnett and Sabatha later today Press Conference
pimp.gif

If they were to sign manny too, they BETTER win the world series...or they're never gonna hear the end of it

CC's wife looks aight, nice lips. he just said there was no other choice when it came down to it. at least he didnt say it's a dream come true ........

CC got that cap on lean
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Alex is going to win MVP this year.

Odd number years A.Rod be going off. 04, 06, 08 he was just warming up yall feel me..

On another note.. C.C in that 52 looking fresh.

Watching CC
pimp.gif

[h1]Manny Ramirez Rumors: Thursday[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 18 at 8:44am CST]

Hoping the Yankees sign Manny Ramirez? Ken Davidoff of Newsday gives it about a 20% chance. As for Mannysigning with the Mets, Davidoff gives it no chance.

Davidoff's colleague Kat O'Brien paints a similar picture,suggesting that the Yankees' baseball operations people "have not even discussed Ramirez at any length." O'Brien says the Yanks are moreinterested in Mark Teixeira, who is also a long shot. Tex is expected to sign before Manny.

Did the Mike Cameron talks fizzle to allow for a Yankees pursuit of Manny? Mark Feinsand's source saysthere's no connection. Still, Feinsand believes Hank Steinbrenner is pushing for Ramirez.

"When it came down to it, I wanted to win" - CC

=

"When it came down to it, the Yanks gave me the most dough"
laugh.gif

CC looks good in Pinstripes
pimp.gif

aj's interview was funny, seems like a cool dude ...........

ima be a beast in mlb the show next year, cant wait to play, NOW MANNY !!!!!!!

Both C.C. and A.J. said the right things at the podium. Although, I got the impression that A.J. was much more comfortable up there than C.C. was, but Idon't think it's an issue. C.C. was just talking to Bob Lorenz and Michael Kay, and seemed fine. I never realized he is such a personable guy.

I was against the A.J. signing, but his impression at the podium has changed my mind a bit. His wife being the ultimate MILF helped
roll.gif

Welcome to New York fellas
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

I was against the A.J. signing, but his impression at the podium has changed my mind a bit. His wife being the ultimate MILF helped
roll.gif
AJ seems like he's going to fit in, I kind of thought he would.... I thought his personality from what I'd seen before thisoff-season made me think he'd be right for New York.

And he said himself "I wanted to be on the big stage".......... That's saying something right there.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

indifferent.gif

looking at that starting rotation
sick.gif
This one?

1. CC
2. Wang
3. AJ
4. ?????
5. Joba

laugh.gif
pimp.gif